Structures Of Different Kinds

Guest BFSleuth

I've been wondering about these structures. The ones that are of most interest to me are those that use limbs or trees that have obviously not come from the near vicinity, that had to be carried to the location.

Another thought I've had is whether some of the stacked star structures are simply a way to clean up an area so they can travel more easily without breaking sticks underfoot.

In scouting out a potential 'research' area (and hunting morels :) ) I found this today.

The oak branch on the left did not come from any tree nearby. That is what got my attention. It had to have been carried somehow and placed there. Its hard to see in the photo, but there are three branches lodged in the 'Y' of the tree in a sort of pyramid shape. So- does this seem like a possibility or am I putting way too much attention on this? There have been some reports in the area, which is why I chose the location.

post-17676-0-00776300-1335063765_thumb.j

Guest BFSleuth

I think what would be a most interesting study, if one is working a particular research area, is to extensively photographic and document the area from time to time, to see how and when such structures occur. Keep a log of weather events. This way we can start showing ongoing structure changes that can't be explained by wind, floods, etc. Especially when we have large limbs or trees that aren't from the area, as with salubrious's image, it is very telling.

Sal, is it possible to perhaps find the origin of the oak limb? Might need to scout a wide area. If you can match the break to a tree that is a distance away you might be able to find other sign, even old prints. Map the area. This is the kind of field research for structures that we need.

We did look around- in the immediate vicinity there were no oaks but there were plenty of them not too far away. There was a second oak branch on the ground beneath the one that is in the Y of the tree. The forest is so dense its hard to imagine this being caused by wind!

I did find, about a mile away, a compression (a compression is a track in debris) that was about 14" long and 7 inches wide, complete with toe impressions. By it I found some other compressions that were less distinct (the vegetation had been ripped from the ground by the force of the track (like the vegetation was too dry to hang on), and about 5 feet apart, overall covering about 30 feet. Similar 'inline' aspect to other trackways seen elsewhere. I lost it when we got to a windfall. Plus I was on private land in this case without permission and I started to get the feeling that I should go.

My main concern here is that I have already had an encounter (so I know they are out there) but I feel like I need to be careful about what 'evidence' I *think* I encounter.

I checked out the link near the beginning of the thread and got a pretty good belly laugh.

................the pile of sticks that says designates which way to the Bigfoot Meeting..............classic.

Edited by Irish73

I checked out the link near the beginning of the thread and got a pretty good belly laugh.

................the pile of sticks that says designates which way to the Bigfoot Meeting..............classic.

Seriously - there is a post in a different thread here in which a Native American friend of the poster

interprets the various stick structures. I'll look for it.

Guest FuriousGeorge

Try to follow me on this... it may take a while to get to where I'm going with this..

Let's say it's true that some of these stick structures are made by bigfoot to mark territories.

In addition, we also know that heavy snow, wind and gravity can also make them.

So now we have both bf and mother nature making these structures.

Then introduce a smaller, inferior male bf with a complex for crossing these territorial boundaries.

Stick structures then close in around him. A mile this way there is one, a half of mile that way there is another, and so on.

Sooner or later this smaller male (not wanting to cross a territorial boundary) would be trapped.

We would then find him.

Heh? yes/no? huh?....... yes.

Edited by FuriousGeorge

Furious, I would consider some structures as markers or rough structure for a temp shelter if anything, not fences per se'.

If I were going to study these I'd go with what BFsleuth suggested. Just document how they change over time with additions/rearrangements etc. Chances are that nature does alot of these, but some have too many limbs layed together or woven to be happenstance.

FuriousGeorge

Would this not be the same as a gang member walking in on some other gang turf.I really do not see that these structures are meant for there own kind.In my opionion I see them as a way of them comunicating to us humans.I see it like thier way of saying "hey here I am and here is my proof" I mean we go out searching for them and we are looking for some type of proof Right!. So here is thier way of showing themselves that they are truely there. To me it is just another way of them letting us know that they are there in our area and that we are not alone.

Does it really matter to the other creatures what these structures mean ,again in my opionion I really do not think it matters to them.In my opionion I think to them these structures are only done for our benefit.

Guest FuriousGeorge

Sy and Julio,

To me those structures as a shelter are a failure. They don't protect against the elements. If it's for camouflage, it has the opposite effect. It screams out, "hey, look over here". If they are there as a warning to humans, same thing, "hey humans, we're over here, come closer please and don't forget your camera".

I can buy the territory marker theory as many animals do this. The problem Julio, is different than gang turf signs because random events create these things all over the place and not just in their home turf area.

What happens when a smaller, inferior bf is out in a storm and they get created all around him and he doesn't have it in him to grow a pair and cross the boundary? What happens when this goes down in a (human) populated area, as both individual events have been reported so, so, so, so many times before?