Forget The Dna We Got Us A Squatch Hunter!

Guest StankApe

I don't think climbing a tree would have saved him. I think that timberfootgiant's video of a possible BF right in front of him and blending into the woodwork so to speak says it all. the guy in the tree would not have seen it at all if it was right in front of him. That's the scary part. Kind of like that alien movie with Arnold Swartzanegger and the thing was invisible trying to get him. I think your mind would make you put the whole scenerio on make beleive and whistle in the dark like nothing was there, panic and run, or lay down and succumb to death.....

Guest KentuckyApeman

My take on this: First, he says he goes out in public in full battle gear? Come on, rule one is blend in with the scenery, don't draw attention.

I go around wearing LL Bean cargo shorts, a Haiwaiian shirt and tennis shoes. I look like a tourist in south Florida from up state NY. :blush:

I'm reminded of the report in which a hunter in his deer stand wakes up to find a bigfoot level with him in the next tree (arm's reach) staring at him.

How many times do you suppose "our hero" has seen that Schwartzenegger movie? 100, 200?

BFF Patron

I'm reminded of the report in which a hunter in his deer stand wakes up to find a bigfoot level with him in the next tree (arm's reach) staring at him.

How many times do you suppose "our hero" has seen that Schwartzenegger movie? 100, 200?

I'd love to see that youtube flick! :lol:

He was communicating to his buddie's on the ground who saw this view:

Hunter omitted (wet willie!)

Oh I forgot to include that he said the bf took nothing but his spices during the encounter.

I thought that was the most interesting part of the video...what spice would a BF be attracted to.

What spices would one have out camping:

1. Salt
  2. Pepper
  3. Some sort of barbeque rub/spice
  4. ??

Guess we'll never know, since he's not telling.

i am sorry but since when is a tent safe and would you let an animal or person get as far as to threaten you like that ???

Tim ~ :)

Red, at least if you stay in the tent it can't pull off your arms and legs. The tent is also like a hamgurger in a box, ya gotta get the box off firt before eating the burger. It gives ya time to think about your next move.................lay out your prayer rug and face Mecca.

Probably some sort of tobasco sauce. It goes hand in hand with MRE's.

I can only imagine the response a bf would have to a swig from that. Makes me wonder if that was the same bf from a report I saw on tv where a guy saw a figure running across the woods with very loud blood curdling screams that got a lot of his neighbors outside looking for it too.

Red, at least if you stay in the tent it can't pull off your arms and legs. The tent is also like a hamgurger in a box, ya gotta get the box off firt before eating the burger. It gives ya time to think about your next move.................lay out your prayer rug and face Mecca.

When camping in a tent in grizzly country, I keep a large sharp pointed knife close at hand.

If mister griz wants to eat a Canadian burrito the least I can do is help cut my way out of the nylon stay fresh wrapping.