Thoughts As To Why Bigfoot Isn't Caught On Game Cams

Spader

Guest BFSleuth

From the few videos I've seen of online researchers that are deploying game cameras I have yet to see them placed with great care to hide them, nor have I seen or had the researchers discuss actively hiding human scent.

Some plastics have a smell that actually attracts some animals, like bears. If human scent is on the camera that needs to be eliminated as well.

Beyond visual or auditory cues to the camera we need to consider that our research subjects seem to have an acute sense of smell and human smell needs to be eliminated when placing the camera. Consider placing the camera downwind of the direction of your shot (if there is a consistent wind direction).

I think that use of telephoto lenses for camera traps would be the best way to go, but it seems that most game cameras have wide angle lenses to capture a wide area and have more success filming animals. However, if we can establish camera positions that are well away from the area being photographed, then the chances for success should increase.

People that put out these cams have to camo them pretty darn well or they get stolen. They aren't exactly cheap.

This is one of the things that troubles me the most about proving Sassy. There are so many people that have trail cams put out all over the place. Elk hunters, the ones that are good at it, like to get away from people as best they can. This puts them OUT there, way out there. Never any news of someone catching a pic of a Sassy on one of them. I look at pics fellow hunters put online all the time and they catch every critter in the forest, bear, deer, elk, moose, birds, rodents and even one of the most elusive animals, the mountain lion. There are researchers who have even caught the SNOW LEOPARD on camera. All these animals caught on camera with beautiful full color images and no Sassy or an unidentifiable blob? It doesn't make sense.

When the GIANT SQUID can be caught on camera for the very first time in a habitat that we know less about than the surface of the moon and all the people looking and hunting for Sassy can't bring in a pic of one, something is wrong.

Then again maybe Sassy isn't amenable to a Non-diclosure-statement or might be waiting to get the copy-write back so he can protect his interests from the hoards of Sassy evidence thieves on the internet that are making bucketloads of money cabbaging Sassy pics and videos.

Just a thought.

Nalajr

Guest StankApe

Ding Ding

Correct !

Evolutionarily dubious, unlikely at best not to mention that if they had ESP they would've been much more fit than Homo Sapien and would've likely become the apex predator instead of us..... Nature doesn't divvy out extrasensory perception to an animal of that intelligence so it can finish second.... Sorry, I see no evidence of this theory at all. It only serves as an excuse for why people haven't gotten good pictures. Besides if they have ESP, why didn't Patty sense them coming down the road and skedaddle before they arrived? Unless you believe that the PGF is a fake?

Look you can make up all the excuses you want why the Big Fellows and Trailcams don't mix " Bigfoot sees the light from them, he hears them, etc, etc. etc..." but what your really saying is BF has what no other creature on this planet has Super Natural Ability, It's either this or they just ain't around !

Evolutionarily dubious, unlikely at best not to mention that if they had ESP they would've been much more fit than Homo Sapien and would've likely become the apex predator instead of us..... Nature doesn't divvy out extrasensory perception to an animal of that intelligence so it can finish second.... Sorry, I see no evidence of this theory at all. It only serves as an excuse for why people haven't gotten good pictures. Besides if they have ESP, why didn't Patty sense them coming down the road and skedaddle before they arrived? Unless you believe that the PGF is a fake?

Nice declaratory statement...............too bad it is about something NOBODY knows! What you present is an evolutionary theory that ESP would have made bigfoot the dominant hominid on the planet. Perhaps the presence of ESP couldn't offset bigfoot's lack of technical skill. I'd theorize that mankind"s attributes that allowed him to rise aren't shared in the same proportions by bigfoot.

That being said, they sure seem to have gotten the stealth and avoidance thing nailed!

Guest RedRatSnake

That being said, they sure seem to have gotten the stealth and avoidance thing nailed!

Assuming that BigFoot IS out there of course.

Tim :)

I took a second thought on this. As there are several different technical approaches to trailcams, I dont think "seeing IR" or similar can be the right way to go. But then, how easy is it for them to check "their area" for humans on the other hand? Would it be enough to block trails or observe just a few trails? Most of the time they got encountered while they are very aware of the human, not so the other way arround. How many "surprising Bigfoot" encounters are there? Enough to rule out the idea that this only occurs if they garding their jung or family? Think of Patty for example.

Edited by Data

Guest StankApe

Nice declaratory statement...............too bad it is about something NOBODY knows! What you present is an evolutionary theory that ESP would have made bigfoot the dominant hominid on the planet. Perhaps the presence of ESP couldn't offset bigfoot's lack of technical skill. I'd theorize that mankind"s attributes that allowed him to rise aren't shared in the same proportions by bigfoot.

No no no..... Man didn't one day wake up and have technical skill. He developed it over hundreds of thousands if not millions of years through the evolutionary increase in his brain. IF Bigfoot (who we can assume is at least as old as the most primitive of "man". Had developed ESP (and the only reason why it would, would be to assist in it's capture of prey) then one would also assume that as it focussed this ability (over many thousands of years) it would have had an advantage over Homo Sapiens and also developed a larger brain . (one would think ESP by default would lead to a more intelligent creature) resulting in an animal, not only smarter than man, but bigger and with ESP....

It's pretty much impossible. Sorry, but Darwin says no

No no no..... Man didn't one day wake up and have technical skill. He developed it over hundreds of thousands if not millions of years through the evolutionary increase in his brain. IF Bigfoot (who we can assume is at least as old as the most primitive of "man". Had developed ESP (and the only reason why it would, would be to assist in it's capture of prey) then one would also assume that as it focussed this ability (over many thousands of years) it would have had an advantage over Homo Sapiens and also developed a larger brain . (one would think ESP by default would lead to a more intelligent creature) resulting in an animal, not only smarter than man, but bigger and with ESP....

It's pretty much impossible. Sorry, but Darwin says no

except so far as we know, ESP isn't real.

Could it simply be more acute hearing?

hang with me here a minute: There are apps for smart phones, the one I'm thinking about is "stealth tone". If you have a smart phone, download this app. It's free. Grab a kid, one that doesn't listen to loud music. Hide the phone in your hand and activate the tone. then flip it on and off and have the kid sound off when the tone changes. They'll hear it and catch the tone around 100% of the time. The older you get, the less you hear the tone until it's gone in most adults. I can't hear a thing. They don't have to even face you, my kids are right on the money with their statements, "on", "off", "on", "off", "on", touch the keypad but don't turn off the tone, "still on"

Surely you've heard of stores employing this sort of sonic warfare to get rid of undesirable teens from their door stoop?

Do the same thing with a trail camera. Can the kid hear it? I'll bet they're giving off some really high frequency whistle.

Guest exnihilo

Some options:

• They don't exist
  • BF can see, hear, smell, sense the camera in ways that are not obvious to humans that deploy them
  • Camera sites are weighted towards homo sapiens sapiens accessible areas, which may have a shortage of unwary BF wandering around
  • If BF are in the area, they observe the camera being placed and avoid the area
  • BF are predisposed to avoid leaving involuntary sign of their presence, and understand the significance of game cams to one degree or another, so deliberately avoid them

IF bigfoot are real, then the only reason they have not been picked up on a game cam is that their habitat is vast and their numbers are very low. For example, if 1 million game cams were operating around the clock and each one covered 2000 square feet, then they would cover the area denoted by the red dot on the map below (mid-Ontario). The vastness of the land is often underestimated. Bigfoot could be the proverbial needle in a haystack.

1millionGamecams.gif

People that put out these cams have to camo them pretty darn well or they get stolen. They aren't exactly cheap.

This is one of the things that troubles me the most about proving Sassy. There are so many people that have trail cams put out all over the place. Elk hunters, the ones that are good at it, like to get away from people as best they can. This puts them OUT there, way out there. Never any news of someone catching a pic of a Sassy on one of them. I look at pics fellow hunters put online all the time and they catch every critter in the forest, bear, deer, elk, moose, birds, rodents and even one of the most elusive animals, the mountain lion. There are researchers who have even caught the SNOW LEOPARD on camera. All these animals caught on camera with beautiful full color images and no Sassy or an unidentifiable blob? It doesn't make sense.

When the GIANT SQUID can be caught on camera for the very first time in a habitat that we know less about than the surface of the moon and all the people looking and hunting for Sassy can't bring in a pic of one, something is wrong.

Then again maybe Sassy isn't amenable to a Non-diclosure-statement or might be waiting to get the copy-write back so he can protect his interests from the hoards of Sassy evidence thieves on the internet that are making bucketloads of money cabbaging Sassy pics and videos.

Just a thought.

Nalajr

this sums up my thoughts. I want to believe in the big guy but no pics of Biggie yet all these other animals are caught on film. it makes it hard for me to accept they are still out there.