Does A Bigfoot/ufo Connection Exist?

Guest thekingdomkeys

I have to agree,you are right,about the paper,although, I will repost this when the results are reproduced,and you can re post if they cant. But they will lol

No need for faster than lightspeed here. UFOs and Aliens from another planet are two different Topics! The radar data we have of UFOs suggest just several times the speed of sound and a max of 42 Gs. Thats just what is suggested to be the max possible if a human is submerged in a special liquid - ideal G suit ;) There is just no need to describe UFOs by means of interstellar traveling Aliens. And well, Mr. Friedman is really just suggesting. Who said that they dont get shot off by a rocket as frozen eggs are then breed by and grown computer controlled at earth orbit, where they then get "besoled" (telepathicaly controlled) by the "homerace" to do their job and are afterwords "discarded"? Everything can be attributed to unknown aliens. Its just not any solution.

In the late 50s Space engineers thought of visiting Alpha Centauri with a maned spacecraft in 2000!!!

Assuming some aliens have the technology and knowledge to get here somehow, it's possible that some witnesses have simply seen giant hairy aliens and mistook them for Bigfoot.

Well, heck, if there is a connection, for Pete's sake don't kill the last bigfoot or the aliens will send a probe to destroy the Earth, unless of course, Kirk and Spock can bring a bigfoot into the future to tell the aliens its all ok.

In my opinion, the only thing that connects the two phenomenon are the people who ask if the two phenomenon are connected.

Edited by JDL

I don't think interstellar travel is out of the question but I don't believe we're being visited by aliens. It is a long way to travel. As for UFOs, I suspect they are largely misidentifications of generally mundane objects. If a bigfoot happens to be sighted at the same time then it's only tangentially related to the UFO.

I can't seem to edit my previous post to add this, but never mind.

Consider the speed of light. 186,000 miles per second, or about 670 million miles per hour. If anything were able to travel at just 10% of that speed, 67 million miles per hour (or 4 thousand times faster, roughly, than our fastest space craft has achieved) it still would take more than 52 years to reach our nearest star neighbour, and twice as long to get to the nearest planet outside our solar system, disregarding the not inconsiderable time required to accelerate and decelerate. To get an idea of what 4000 times faster actually means, it is roughly in the ratio of a fast walk compared to the speed of our fastest space vessel. The chances of this being possible appear vanishingly small to me.

So, I take the considered view that we have no extra-terrestrial visitors.

Mike

with all the new discoveries about dark matter and anti matter as they learn more about them, new possibilities can arise that could overcome some our modern day space travel problems.

perhaps other lifeforms could have overcome these problems millions of years ago.

below is an article from popular science, there are things happening right now that could totally change physics as we know it.

so, I take the considered view that we could or have extra-terrestrial visitors.(but I don't believe they have anything to do with bigfoot smile.gif)

Yes, the universe itself will eventually outpace the speed of light. Just how this will happen is a bit complicated, so let’s begin at the very beginning: the big bang. Around 14 billion years ago, all matter in the universe was thrown in every direction. That first explosion is still pushing galaxies outward. Scientists know this because of the

Doppler effect, among other reasons. The wavelengths of light from other galaxies shift as they move away from us, just as the pitch of an ambulance siren changes as it moves past.

Take Hydra, a cluster of galaxies about three billion light years away. Astronomers have measured the distance from the Earth to Hydra by looking at the light coming from the cluster. Through a prism, Hydra’s hydrogen looks like four strips of red, blue-green, blue-violet and violet. But during the time it takes Hydra’s light to reach us, the bands of color have shifted down toward the red end—the low-energy end—of the spectrum. On their journey across the universe, the wavelengths of light have stretched. The farther the light travels, the more stretched it gets. The farther the bands shift toward the red end, the farther the light has traveled. The size of the shift is called the

redshift, and it helps scientists figure out the movement of stars in space. Hydra isn’t the only distant cluster of galaxies that displays a redshift, though. Everything is shifting, because the universe is expanding. It’s just easier to see Hydra’s redshift because the farther a galaxy is from our own, the faster it is moving away.

There is no limit to how fast the universe can expand, says physicist Charles Bennett of Johns Hopkins University. Einstein’s theory that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light in a vacuum still holds true, because space itself is stretching, and space is nothing. Galaxies aren’t moving through space and away from each other but with space—like raisins in a rising loaf of bread. Some galaxies are already so far away from us, and moving away so quickly, that their light will never reach Earth. “It’s like running a 5K race, but the track expands while you’re running,†Bennett says. “If it expands faster than you can run, you’ll never get where you’re going."

Update: There's been a new discovery at CERN, where some very

unusual results show that neutrinos are moving faster than light itself. Though the evidence would normally be enough to say this for sure, the nature of the discovery is so bizarre that more studies are being undertaken to try to figure out exactly what's going on. Read more about it here.

Guest StankApe

not all physics suggest that,one of the leading people in ufology is physicist stanton friedman.

Stanton Friedman is about as respected a physicist as I am. he's considered a joke.

Oh and Bigfoot has more to do with Krispy Kreme than UFO's and to suggest otherwise is to just bring more harm to the idea of Bigfoot. Stick to what you can prove, not what you can imagine.

Oh and it's starting to look like that CERN made an error and the particles didn't exceed the speed of light.

Then of course there is the paper that just came out recently where they proved the speed of light can be broken, and has been on a particle level, that big ol accelerator in Europe is kind messing the existing theories up.... and even Albert himself said his theories where not perfect, but would "do for now".

Not that, that has anything to do with Bigfoot.

This is not true. No "paper" was written. They had data which they were unsure of was true, the preliminary reports of other group analyzing their data is that there was no exceeding of the speed of light. Not to mention that even if they had, it would have been at the quantum level and would have no direct crossover to moving a hummingbord or a shre faster than the speed of light, much less a craft carrying a person.

Edited by StankApe

Stanton may be considered a joke by some,and his reputation may have suffered some because he is out spoken about his beliefs, but his work history is impressive,he is not a hack or incompetent, at least not that I have ever heard,now Bob Lazar........gawd

[on the possibility of contact with an alien civilization] "I think it would be a disaster. The extraterrestrials would probably be far in advance of us. The history of advanced races meeting more primitive people on this planet is not very happy, and they were the same species. I think we should keep our heads low. "

"The life we have on Earth must have spontaneously generated itself. It must therefore be possible for life to exist spontaneously elsewhere in the universe."

Steven Hawkings

What does any of this have to do with Bigfootry,nothing at all lololol Unless they Aliens are out there looking around,saying "what the hell are they looking for?"

Edited by JohnC

WoW! just WoW! I am still trying to figure out if they are interdeminsional let alone if they are from space.How can we even think there or even say that there is a connection between them and UFO'S.Sure I know that there reports of this and it could be a mistaken thing.

My logic is that these creatures could be in the same place of a sighting of one of these UFO's.But does that mean they came from them No,all it means that they were just there at the exact same time by accident.I am not a believer in UFO's because to me most sightings can be explained either by the way of the light or it is expieramentle by our Gov.

These creatures are strange but they are not from space.I think that it would be a waist of our time trying to find a connection in this area with Bigfoots and UFO's.Unless that I actually see it with my own two eyes would I ever believe in this connection.Yes! I would argue this only after i have seen this with my own two eye's. :) This is just my opinion.

I am being sarcastic,Bro.

Edited by grayjay
Remove Quote from deleted post

Stanton Friedman is about as respected a physicist as I am. he's considered a joke.

Oh and Bigfoot has more to do with Krispy Kreme than UFO's and to suggest otherwise is to just bring more harm to the idea of Bigfoot. Stick to what you can prove, not what you can imagine.

Oh and it's starting to look like that CERN made an error and the particles didn't exceed the speed of light.

This is not true. No "paper" was written. They had data which they were unsure of was true, the preliminary reports of other group analyzing their data is that there was no exceeding of the speed of light. Not to mention that even if they had, it would have been at the quantum level and would have no direct crossover to moving a hummingbord or a shre faster than the speed of light, much less a craft carrying a person.

I didn't say a word about bigfoot and ufo's are connected(nor do I believe they are in any way),

Edited by grayjay
GG2

Guest thekingdomkeys

I am with you on this ...I too don't "believe" without first discovering evidence and I have plenty of evidence! I too believe in a "flesh and blood" Bigfoot creature, otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to join this forum right? I never mentioned "visiting extra-terrestrials", those are your words not mine. And I thought we weren't allowed to talk about "extra-terrestrials" in this forum without being locked down (kinda sounds like a prison doesn't it, ha, ha)? All the physics (what physics) suggests that what will be wildly unlikely? I never suggested UFOs operated by aliens in this "UFO/Bigfoot connection" did I? I don't believe that "they" are aliens, I believe that "they" are humans and I refer to "them" as the "bad guys".

Regards, "thekingdomkeys"

Merry Christmas everyone!

I try to avoid "believe" at all costs. I try to stick to an analysis of evidence. Whilst absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, there is precious little evidence to even begin to analyse in trying to make this sort of connection.

However, looking at this another way: it is, in my experience, usually the simplest explanation that is the most likely. Thus, in my view, if there is a sasquatch I predict that it will be a flesh-and-blood product of evolution, and if there are visiting extra-terrestrials (and all the physics suggests this is wildly unlikely) I can't imagine a single reason why they would have any connection whatsoever to one of the most elusive creatures on the planet. Or, for that matter, why they would flatten our crops in fancy patterns.

So, from me, that's a resounding "NO".

Mike

Guest thekingdomkeys

I have had my post's locked down on more than one occasion for referencing specific entities or groups (e.g. "military" or "secret industrial complex") in a possible negative light, so I am wondering why are you allowed to mention them? I suggest that we stay within the rules (let's not violate any more forum rules) from this point forward and just refer to this group as the "bad guys" ...that way we won't offend anyone. How does that sound?

But to answer your question, why would the "bad guys" have anything to do with Bigfoot? I could speculate in a number of directions as to why, but I am afraid that if I do that I might end up saying something that might considered offensive in this forum. Since I am a new member and have had some of my writings censored already, I kinda feel like I am walking on thin ice right now, and I don't want to be told that I "broke any more rules", so maybe I should just leave it at that. Anyway, can you expand on what you said here: "As anybody can see the UFOs are more and more linked to earthbound solutions"?

When you state: "The Alien theory is almost dead" isn't that a violation of the following stipulation from the BFF rules? "You must accept the proponent’s point of view if you expect yours to be considered. This is by nature a “Bigfoot House†and is intended to foster intelligent discussion of the subject. This is not “The Anti-Bigfoot Forum". I'm just asking?

You know that there are a lot of "creationists" that might be totally offended by your "evolutionary" viewpoints here about Bigfoot and how you seem to be saying that it definitely is a product of evolution and couldn't be a "created" being. Doesn't this kind of talk violate the rule that says: "Please understand that the membership of this site is quite diverse" Doesn't it also violate the rule that says: "All opinions concerning the Bigfoot phenomenon are welcome regardless of which side of the proverbial fence you may reside in relation to the entire BF mystery"!

Why should the military or some sort of secret industrial complex have something to do with Bigfoot?

As anybody can see the UFOs are more and more linked to earthbound solutions. The Alien theory is almost dead. See Greer, Hoagland, etc. But than on the way to the bioroboter (gerys) it seems likely that a first step in research would have included human hybrid species creation. Why set them out in the US, Himalaya, Australia etc., specially as it only would have been possible since the 60-70s.

Edited by grayjay
religious content

Don't sweat things quite so much....lol. With the exceptions in the Forum Rules regarding religion and politics most anything can be discussed here. The only real provision is that if it isn't Bigfoot related we appreciate you starting the ''not bigfoot'' conversations down in the Campfire Chat section of the forum. ;)

Hope that helps.