Kill Or Not Kill?

BFF Patron
I've said it before, if you really want to see if Sassy is out there, have Washington, California, Oregon, Alaska and all of Canada declare a HUNTING SEASON for them.

It would be nice if a resolution at a national FWS level could be drafted to keep this day from ever happening, thank you.

A documented kill is the best thing that could happen to the bigfoot species -- the sooner the better.

1. If it becomes an accepted game species it will be granted protection through game regulations. The North American sportsman has long been the best friend of many game species.

2. In the event that bigfoot does not become a game species, sportsmen could still become bigfoot's best friend should they domesticate them for hunting companions --imagine something like a cross between a Labrador retriever and a falcon: the perfect bear hunting accessory?3. No formalized protection of any kind (as either a game species or a protected species) will be forthcoming without a documented kill.

Edited by Pteronarcyd

A documented kill is the best thing that could happen to the bigfoot species -- the sooner the better.

So, are you saying that for 'shock value', or do you really mean it?

1. If it becomes an accepted game species it will be granted protection through game regulations. The North American sportsman has long been the best friend of many game species.

Aaaah. There it is. We are humans. We are superior. We kill things. It's all for sport.

2. In the event that bigfoot does not become a game species, sportsmen could still become bigfoot's best friend should they domesticate them for hunting companions --imagine something like a cross between a Labrador retriever and a falcon: the perfect bear hunting accessory?3. No formalized protection of any kind (as either a game species or a protected species) will be forthcoming without a documented kill.

Or, if we can't dominate it thru force, we can 'own it' and make it our pet... to answer to our very beck and call.

You really can't be serious. <_<

I really mean it for the reasons given.

It has little to do with us holding a dominant position in the biosphere, but everything to do with the successful record sportsmen have of managing their prey species. It has everything to do with how successful are those species that have submitted to domestication -- whether as pets, beasts of burden, or food. It has everything to do with how effective programs can be for managing threatened or endangered, especially in North America.

I believe most no-kill advocates root their position in romantic fantasy, which likely often covers for disbelief. I believe the only pragmatic and truly compassionate position is to advocate for a documented kill. Meanwhile undocumented kills occur that provide no benefit to man or bigfoot. It seems that the majority here are in the no-kill camp and profess some form of compassion as their rationale. How many wasted undocumented bigfoot kills are such folks responsible for, and how many more such kills will they cause in the future?

As for the tragedy of one bigfoot being sacrificed for science, is there anyone here so selfish that he wouldn't be willing, albeit reluctantly, to sacrifice his life to save mankind?

Guest BuzzardEater

I don't think confirmation will lead to a BF hunting craze. I don't know of a witness that goes out with a gun. I wouldn't personally. I don't think a gun is an adequate defense, for one thing.

Hunting BFs is an interesting prospect. To get close enough for a kill you have to be close enough to be killed.

Anyway, I'd point out that they don't kill us. I don't want that to change. A sustainable population of these creatures must have absolute laws about dealing with us. If not, there would be individuals that would try stuff. A quick look at this question reveals some really terrible things. As an example, since it's Christmas, I ask, who are the prey animals in a herd? It isn't the guys with antlers. It isn't the aged or infirm, if you are talking about food.

If they percieve our laws changing, perhaps they will address their own? Do you really want open season on the west coast?

Hi,

Some believe all life is sacred and further, that you cannot add to knowledge of life by killing and disecting that which you wish to know. I realise many of those who believe all life to be sacred wouldnt write here, but such people are the ones who often get to have the close up encounters with bigfoot, yowie, sasquatch, yeti, alma, yaren, etc. I have had very close encounters here in Australia, but I know if I walked about with irreverance for life I wouldnt have gotten near. Even if the gun toting have near encounters, this will not add to their knowledge unless they have some sense of reverence for that life.

Edited by Encounter

I'm torn. I'd like nothing more than someone to come across a deceased one, but that seems pretty unlikely. As a hunter, I understand the responsibility of taking the life of something, but I'm not sure I could handle looking down on something like a dead Squatch by my hand. Nobody has the same ideology when it comes to the kill/no kill argument, but I think a lot of pro-killers would have a tough time handling the killing of one emotionally. People argue that they are attempting it for science....Are they scientists? Are they qualified? Are they versed in killing? Are they mentally capable of the responsibility of the killing of something so human-like? Are they using the right weapon? Do they have a plan for harvesting, then transporting, and where to? Will they be able to determine that it is actually a BF and not get carried away with Squatch fever, and kill someone in a ghillie suit, monkey suit, or dark clothing? Do they have the means to execute all of the facets of a successful kill? Probably not. By all accounts where people have claimed shootings, there are

so many flaws in their methods that all you can do is shake your head. Playing wildlife biologist, or T.S.U(Tactical Squatching Unit) does not mean you're qualified to do anything more than swing a hammer, crunch numbers, mow lawns, or whatever professions that most BF researchers have. Most of them should stick to bear spray, and baseball bats in the woods, because I'd label an 'epic fail' on most hunting attempts, or plans to attempt to do so. Just keep compiling data that can't be ignored, and leave the scientific recognition to the scientists, or people who can get it right the first time.

In 2007 I heard a brief conversation spoken back and forth between two individuals in a wooded area. No other persons were around at the time and the language reminded me of a cross between Korean and Polynesian. From that time on I have been solidly no-kill.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Personally I am a no kill guy, if these Bigfoot exist,and are as intelligent as they seem, can you really justify the intentional killing of something like this?

Would there be consequences? For example from Bigfoot itself,considering how adept it is in its own environment.

In past decades, there was hunters which used to shoot several animals in order to get a nice trophy. I think that serious Bigfoot research is no safari...I hope there would be some way to investigate these amazing creatures without having to kill them...we may also speculate that these creatures live in a similar way than our [early] human ancestors!!!

Guest COGrizzly

I would only kill one if, and only if, I would gain in it financially somehow.

Yes, I am kidding.

Would "I" kill one? 99% sure I would not. If I saw one and was certain it was a sas, I'd be fine with it and be "done".

To prove they exist, it will take a body though, which is another discussion. Ya know, type specimen.

In 2007 I heard a brief conversation spoken back and forth between two individuals in a wooded area. No other persons were around at the time and the language reminded me of a cross between Korean and Polynesian. From that time on I have been solidly no-kill.

Two parrots escaped from Asian households? I wouldn't kill pet parrots either -- they are already documented.

the "kill or no kill thread" ehh?

Yeah.....it has been 6 months hasn't it....

Like clock work....

(sigh)

(kill)

(no consequences)

Edited by slabdog

I am a life long hunter and fisherman. I also believe that all life is sacred. I eat the fish and game that I harvest or I do not kill it. I was pro kill about sas untill I underwent a very serious medical crisis and that experience changed the way I looked at a lot of things. I would no longer kill one given the chance, even if it ment that the species would be accepted by the world as an actuall animal not just a myth. If someone else wants to do so that is on them but personally I have no reason to ever do them any harm.