Kill Or Not Kill?

<br />As far as saving their habitat, that would require basically everything that's left.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The Endangered Species Act provides for preservation of critical habitat of endangered or threatened species. It appears you have concluded (1) that bigfoot exists, (2) that bigfoot is either endangered or threatened, and (3) that "everything that's left" constitutes critical bigfoot habitat. Would you please provide the evidence or arguments you have to support these three conclusions?

<br /><br /><br />

The Endangered Species Act provides for preservation of critical habitat of endangered or threatened species. It appears you have concluded (1) that bigfoot exists, (2) that bigfoot is either endangered or threatened, and (3) that "everything that's left" constitutes critical bigfoot habitat. Would you please provide the evidence or arguments you have to support these three conclusions?

Do they exist?

Many on here including myself are well aware that they do. Personal experiences have concluded this.

Can I prove it? No.

Threatened? yes. Endangered? Nobody can answer that because nobody knows the size of their population.

They're more widespread than black bear and can frequent areas you'd never suspect.

Can I prove it? No.

I'm not here to prove anything. I'm just relaying info from personal experience.

If you really want to know then get out there and find out for yourself, it's the only way.

The question was asked earlier on whether one of my PRO-Kill brothers would be willing to pull the trigger himself at a Sassy standing 75 yards away. He answered YES and that is a courageous answer, Nalajr

B) Courage has nothing to do with forever squelching out the beauty of an autonomous life form which can never live again. Once dead, it is gone forever, just like everyone reading this post some day will be. Think about yourselves when you think about putting Squatchy in the crosshairs of your high powered rifle.

Killing deliberately is either for homicidal maniacs or for those too dim witted to understand the consequences of their actions. That level of operating immaturity is the very reason we don't give guns to toddlers. How is it we ignore the fact that responsibility over life calls for maturity and restraint?

The old 19th Century euphemism of 'collecting a specimen for science' just doesn't cut it any more because, in the main, it only serves to demonstrate that humans are just too stupid to solve their problems without violence; or too impatient or too greedy to care that this is so.

And yet, isn't euphemism a wonderful concept which well serves our increasingly violent and greed-driven world? It lets us off the hook morally and ethically. For example, we don't slaughter baby seals any more: We harvest them. We don't clearcut forests any more: We harvest wood fibre. We let ourselves off the hook every opportunity we get and with every excuse we can manufacture in order to justify our failures and shortcomings as a species (in the macro) and as individuals (in the micro).

It takes guts to have and to stand up for principles. Only the gutless have none. Only the gutless kill. Why not take a stand on behalf of those we're trying to murder simply because our tiny little human brains and imaginations are inferior to the task of stewardship of the living?

- Dudlow

• Upvote 1

That is an awful lot of human hate. For all the loathing of dim-witted, tiny brained, gutless, too-stupid, homicidal, inferior human beings, you are missing the true beauty of humanity. There is beauty, intelligence, compassion and generosity alive in most everyone I know. Of course there is the on going battle of good vs. evil, but the idea that one person decides to harvest (euphemism for kill) one Sasquatch does not condemn all of humanity. I will say I had my chance and passed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we already protect their habitat, and food sources? Nat'l Parks/Forests are already in place, and logging is essential for us, and we replant what we take. Our conservation efforts are completely different than they used to be. We have certain amounts of animals that can be harvested in certain areas, and certain sexes for certain weapons. Their food sources stay constant. It's not like we're out mowing down herds of animals like we did with the buffalos. IMO we don't need to do anything for them. They're not in any dire situation, as far as I can see. And recognition wouldn't lead to their demise...Ridiculous notion! All of a sudden everyone is trampling through the woods with pitchforks? Highly doubtful.

BFF Patron
...The old 19th Century euphemism of 'collecting a specimen for science' just doesn't cut it any more ....

Right, it works great for butterflies, crustaceans, fish, amphibians, reptiles, spiders, insects, rodents, birds, etc., but when it comes to some mammals you have to take a step back, take a deep breath, count to ten, and that should be enough to get most peoples mind right.........(now about that Logging Truck that Grover Krantz referred to.........lol)

....I will say I had my chance and passed.....

As have hundreds of others (including moi) who are current or former members of this very forum or forum precursor; and I am thankful that as Keith Foster states, " 999 of every 1000" hunters who crosshair such human-like,

bipedal entities pass on the shot.

Guest SwampMonster

There are some very good, and interesting opinions in this thread.

Personally, I wouldn't shoot a BF unless I felt seriously threatened by it. I have been shadowed by many different creatures in the woods (bears, coyotes, wild hogs, Florida panther, dogs, etc), but the only one that I ever had to put down was a massive rotwieller that confronted me in the woods 100 yards from my truck, after dark, and 3/4 mile from the nearest house. It attacked, and I did what I had to do. It did not have a collar, nor did tests indicate rabies.

A situation like this would be the only reason for killing a BF, IMO. That's just me.

Guest SwampMonster

To answer your question, I heard a low, throaty growl (no way to put it in words, but you've probably heard cats do it) a few times behind me and it's tracks were on top of mine the following morning. It did not stay on my trail long, so I don't know for sure how long it shadowed me. I had already found sign of the cat in the area and had seen it on the highway adjacent to where I was hunting, but it did surprise me at the time.

Good explanation, and thank you. The cats fascinate me. They've moved into my state of Nebraska, and can be found anywhere. I'm rooting for them.

I'm no kill. The only way I'd shoot one is if I felt my life was in danger. When I had my initial sighting I had a gun in my hand, but I was so **** scared all I wanted to do was get out of there. As much as a body would mean, I couldn't do it just to prove it.

DR

Many, many times people say they will NOT believe in the BF phenomenon UNLESS A body is found.

I don't believe a body will ever be found unless it has a bullet hole in it. And many times in this forum we have discussed why no body is found.

It has occurred to me the habitat for BF could be better today than it was before the great timber harvest. In Michigan I've read there are far more deer today than 150 years ago. Deer like BF are herbivores (of course BF needs some protein on the side).

Cut overs provide tremendous forage for leaf eaters and as any bird hunter will tell you recently cut areas are too thick to hunt in as they provide very close cover.

A BF family could set in the middle of a 100 acre cut over all summer and no human would pass that way.

I also think if One BF is harvested the various State agencies and congresses would quickly ban BF hunting.

Guest SwampMonster

Good explanation, and thank you. The cats fascinate me. They've moved into my state of Nebraska, and can be found anywhere. I'm rooting for them.

Your welcome. The panthers are rarely seen in the Panhandle, and I have only positively seen them 4 times in my 27 years of living here. Heck, there may be more BF sightings than panther sightings here.

I think the cat that shadowed me was merely curious. As a hunter I de-scent very thoroughly. I even rub pine needles all over my clothes and intentionally step in deer poo, so it was probably getting mixed signals on my trail. When it got pretty close I started whistling "The Ballad of Curtis Lowe" and didn't hear it any more.

I have no more desire to shoot one than I do of shooting a BF.