Kill Or Not Kill?

"I've said it before, if you really want to see if Sassy is out there, have Washington, California, Oregon, Alaska and all of Canada declare a HUNTING SEASON for them."

I've done my work and know they're out there. Enough personal experiences have told me the truth and I didn't need to shoot one.

Why do those of us who put the effort into gaining an experience need to show the skeptics? Get off your own you know what and go find out for yourself.

There's a feeling of satisfaction walking away after shooting an animal with a camera and seeing it walk away to live another day.

There's a feeling of satisfaction walking away after shooting an animal with a camera and seeing it walk away to live another day.

But that feeling of satisfaction isn't taste or relief of hunger.

But that feeling of satisfaction isn't taste or relief of hunger.

This isn't about killing for survival.

It's about killing just to prove something.

I would hate to see this mystery end with a bullet but reality is that is most likely what has to happen. Those you say, "Why do we need to prove it anyway"? Well that is what this has been all about since it started. It is about solving a mystery, and not pushing an acceptance of a, for lack of a better term, religious like Faith. Hell proving the creatures existence once and for all would more than likely insure the continuation of the species as a whole. The danger to them if their is any danger is not whether 1 or 2 or even 3 creatures are shot but the loss of habitat. Nobody in position of power will lift a finger to protect habitat for the species as long as they remain in the realm of legend and folklore. Personally I do not like the idea of shooting a Sasquatch, but the way of the real world and not the political correct world in which so many here cling to dictates that reality.

I think the first person to shoot a Sasquatch should be given credit for the zoological discovery of the last two centuries. His or her name should be added to the list of great explores and discovers of our time and be hailed for achieving what the majority in this world said would never happen. The second man or woman who shoots a Sasquatch should go to jail.

Thomas Steenburg

Thomas- Sooo if you were i the woods, say 75 ft. away from a Sasquatch would YOU shot a Sasquatch dead for a scientific specimen? just a question sir. ptangier

I would hate to see this mystery end with a bullet but reality is that is most likely what has to happen. Those you say, "Why do we need to prove it anyway"? Well that is what this has been all about since it started.

Sure, for some. Not for everyone. I wouldn't hesitate to add even, that for 'some', the objective is to keep them hidden.

Personally I do not like the idea of shooting a Sasquatch, but the way of the real world and not the political correct world in which so many here cling to dictates that reality.

I don't object for political correctness sake. I consider it both a moral and intellectual one.

Guest Waynescod

I would hate to see this mystery end with a bullet but reality is that is most likely what has to happen. Those you say, "Why do we need to prove it anyway"? Well that is what this has been all about since it started. It is about solving a mystery, and not pushing an acceptance of a, for lack of a better term, religious like Faith. Hell proving the creatures existence once and for all would more than likely insure the continuation of the species as a whole. The danger to them if their is any danger is not whether 1 or 2 or even 3 creatures are shot but the loss of habitat. Nobody in position of power will lift a finger to protect habitat for the species as long as they remain in the realm of legend and folklore. Personally I do not like the idea of shooting a Sasquatch, but the way of the real world and not the political correct world in which so many here cling to dictates that reality.

I think the first person to shoot a Sasquatch should be given credit for the zoological discovery of the last two centuries. His or her name should be added to the list of great explores and discovers of our time and be hailed for achieving what the majority in this world said would never happen. The second man or woman who shoots a Sasquatch should go to jail.

Thomas Steenburg

Nothing "has to happen," Bigfoot has taken care of itself this long so it doesn't need anyone to protect it. Instead lets work to protect the habitat by continuing to protect the enviroment. If not for Bigfoot for all of nature because in doing that we can't go wrong.

Edited by grayjay
4B offensive material

Nothing "has to happen," Bigfoot has taken care of itself this long so it doesn't need anyone to protect it. Instead lets work to protect the habitat by continuing to protect the enviroment. If not for Bigfoot for all of nature because in doing that we can't go wrong.

Without a body of other very definitive evidence (and I haven't a clue what would qualify for others) they will not get this protection. I agree with saving the wilderness for the sake of wilderness but a great many more do not. A great many people in this country wouldn't even give bigfoot habitat if it was proven real. They have their interests in exploiting the wood, minerals or the land itself. Demonstrating bigfoot is real would make a lot more people think that saving the wilderness is worthwhile. They would be fascinated by bigfoot whereas they are not fascinated by the spotted owl or skunks. These are the majority in this country.

Editted to add that I wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on a BF unless it was threatening me and since they don't seem to do that I wouldn't shoot.

Edited by antfoot

The question was asked earlier on whether one of my PRO-Kill brothers would be willing to pull the trigger himself at a Sassy standing 75 yards away. He answered YES and that is a courageous answer, but my answer is "I don't know if I could." I would like to believe that I could, but I don't know for sure.

I DO think that bringing a DEAD one in would be the BEST thing that ever happened to sassy.

Lets say that this so called "study" comes out and it hits the news that Sassy is REAL according to new DNA studies. I would just about bet that there are going to be people in those Sassy States that will be heading into the woods with their trusty rifle looking to bag one. These are people that wouldn't have thought of doing such a thing the day before that news broke. Even with that news coming out there wouldn't be a single government entity that would change a thing about protecting Sassy or it's habitat. Sure there would probably be a Congressman or a State rep somewhere that would want to try something, but he'd get laughed out of the room.

Now think of what would happen if some hunter out in Washington State or Northern California that was out late season Deer hunting happens to see a full grown and MATURE Sassy and decides to end the speculation and giggles right then and there and shoots. Now he totes his dead Sassy to the local news station. Within about 10 minutes it would be around the world. Something like that, the Zoological find of the last 200 years, would warrant the MAJOR networks probably breaking into coverage to show it at some point in the day. What do you think the reaction of the people and/or lawmakers would be in that situation? You can bet everything you own or ever have owned that the state where Sassy was killed in would be enacting emergency orders to make sure that no one else would be able to bring one in and it be totally legal to do so. Next to step in would be the FEDS. It wouldn't take long until there would be more protection for Sassy than you could shake a stick at.

Killing one, as repugnant as that is to the majority of you all, would accomplish more to help Sassy in the time it took to pull that trigger than the legions of Sassy "hunters" have accomplished in over 40 years. I hope you would at least concede that wouldn't you?

Heck, you all should be actively ROOTING for someone to kill one if you care as much about Sassy as you claim you do.

Nalajr

Guest Waynescod

Killing one, as repugnant as that is to the majority of you all, would accomplish more to help Sassy in the time it took to pull that trigger than the legions of Sassy "hunters" have accomplished in over 40 years. I hope you would at least concede that wouldn't you?

Heck, you all should be actively ROOTING for someone to kill one if you care as much about Sassy as you claim you do.

Nalajr

The day that a hunter hauls one into town will be the saddest day of most Bigfoot True Believers lives. All this time spent listening to, tracking, and filming will have gone to waste, it will only prove that we are the real monsters and they should of stayed even further away.

The question was asked earlier on whether one of my PRO-Kill brothers would be willing to pull the trigger himself at a Sassy standing 75 yards away. He answered YES and that is a courageous answer, but my answer is "I don't know if I could." I would like to believe that I could, but I don't know for sure.

I DO think that bringing a DEAD one in would be the BEST thing that ever happened to sassy.

Lets say that this so called "study" comes out and it hits the news that Sassy is REAL according to new DNA studies. I would just about bet that there are going to be people in those Sassy States that will be heading into the woods with their trusty rifle looking to bag one. These are people that wouldn't have thought of doing such a thing the day before that news broke. Even with that news coming out there wouldn't be a single government entity that would change a thing about protecting Sassy or it's habitat. Sure there would probably be a Congressman or a State rep somewhere that would want to try something, but he'd get laughed out of the room.

Now think of what would happen if some hunter out in Washington State or Northern California that was out late season Deer hunting happens to see a full grown and MATURE Sassy and decides to end the speculation and giggles right then and there and shoots. Now he totes his dead Sassy to the local news station. Within about 10 minutes it would be around the world. Something like that, the Zoological find of the last 200 years, would warrant the MAJOR networks probably breaking into coverage to show it at some point in the day. What do you think the reaction of the people and/or lawmakers would be in that situation? You can bet everything you own or ever have owned that the state where Sassy was killed in would be enacting emergency orders to make sure that no one else would be able to bring one in and it be totally legal to do so. Next to step in would be the FEDS. It wouldn't take long until there would be more protection for Sassy than you could shake a stick at.

Nalajr

Its hard for me to understand how one could argue they are saving life by killing it at any time, for whatever reason. I do understand hunting for food with respect and balance. Killing for any other reason stems only from fear and misunderstanding, far from courageous or for the sake of knowledge and understanding.

The argument you propose is no different to the argument for the mass killing of villagers at Mylae - the argument went (as if it was self evident) ..."we had to destroy the village to save it".

The reason so many creatures as a species have been wiped out is that one species , the human, has somehow lost their undertanding that they are part of all, and they have become afraid of nature becoming therefor unbalanced in what they take. The arguments here to kill the sasquatch to save it from extinction, is the very argument that creates extinction.

How long did the first nation people of America and the indigenous people of Australia speak of encouters with sasquatch, bigfoot, yowie, dooligah, yahoo etc - thousands of years. Why for thousands of years, well because they didnt wipe them out, and didnt wipe out other species - they lived in the beauty of a sacred world and always in harmonising balance.

Heres indigenous wisdom if it will help you - you are part of all life, when you kill another just for killings sake, you kill yourself.

Thomas- Sooo if you were i the woods, say 75 ft. away from a Sasquatch would YOU shot a Sasquatch dead for a scientific specimen? just a question sir. ptangier

Honest question and I will give you an honest answer. The answer is I really don't know. 10 years ago without any hesitation I would have said get the evidence. I guess I am getting mellow with age. I couldn't answer that question until I find myself in such circumstances. But I repeat that is what needs to happen. Of course if one gets run over with a logging truck or someone comes across remains of one which died on it's own than the shooting debate would be moot. But the odds of that is very long indeed.

Thomas Steenburg

Nalajr- umm, just look at it this way for a minute and consider. You see a Sasquatch 75 ft. away and you reason in your mind that it is OK to kill a Sasquatch since there are no laws on the books prohibiting such actions; so you shot it in the head and it dies. You haul it (or part of it out) and the effects take place. Two weeks later the DNA reports come out and it is shown that Sasquatch is as close to us(most of us) as a neandrathal or maybe even closer, many an archaic hairy indian. #1 then how would you feel?#2 The government(s) classify it and a miurder charge is brought up( probably a stretch) but non the less, consider your cause before pulling thr trigger; please., we may be dealing with a close living relative from the past. Can we all show a little retraint at this time. We have seen in the last week an article about this fellow who claims to be the alpha male and he is going to bring a Sas back. Are we like him, is the killing the best approach to discovery. Also consider what

choice the Sas would relunctantly choose, what is best for the Sas, what what murder, come on no reason can allow this kind of logic when it comes to such a precious living soul, not to mention a natiural resourse. Science IMHO is not the end all to end all, or in this case is it?