Bf Voice

I had a recording of a pack of yotes yipping and carrying on but lost it. On that recording from Mississippi, which I played for a few friends and my sis before I lost it (due to a malfunction on a fairly new digital recorder) was the sound of something huge. It was howling like a dog, a little bit raspy, but you could tell it was BIG!!! It was not a yote, wolf or a dog. The lung capacity was just huge and even over the phone my little sis got goosebumps.

I think they run together like Sasfooty has mentioned. It seems they could be the clean up crew and if a puppy bonded with a hairy guy then why be surprised? They imitate sounds like critters, birds, even machinery and don't seem to be afraid of cars either.

• 2 weeks later...

I once saw a video of a NA woman being interviewed in which she claimed

BF was seen with a cougar alongside. Now that would be a stretch.

I don't know if it's that much of a stretch. If you told me you saw one flying.....that I would have to see, but I recall one bfro report of a bf with a pack of dogs that appeared to obey a bf whistle. They see us with dogs, hunting with them, etc. And with cats. Monkey-see, monkey-do. They have been reported with other creatures, too, in with herds of horses, cows.

Cougar? If you (a bf) found a cub and raised it.....and were big enough to beat it up, I think it's quite possible. Are they human? Or close? Humans have pets, and I recently read a story about a "lost tribe" in the Amazon, and those people had all kinds of pets, monkeys, birds, etc. I think it's a natural human instinct to wuv baby aminals and to ......Daddy, can I take it home, pleasssse? Yeah. It could happen, but I don't think bf with kids would have one in case it wanted to eat Jr.

Guest BFSleuth

It could happen, but I don't think bf with kids would have one in case it wanted to eat Jr.

But then, humans keep dangerous pets that attack their kids...

I agree with your analysis that BF may have "pet keeping" behavior. Then again it could simply be a symbiotic relationship, helping each other hunt.

The human/dog relationship probably started out with opportunistic dogs taking advantage of human waste and the protection that the human presence gave them from larger wolves. I could see something similar to this with bigfoot and coyotes (which are very similar to early dogs) but if so then this is likely not routine. Coyotes are still very much wild animals and not domesticated critters. I have seen videos of chimpanzees, orangs, and gorillas with pets so have no issue with it really but I do not see anything suggesting a usual relationship between BF and coyotes. We do see this sort of thing with humans and dogs. Almost all dogs are in the company of man while most coyotes are not in the company of anybody at all. This tells me that if there is a relationship between bf and coyotes is only tentative and sporadically present and not a normal feature.

• 2 months later...
BFF Patron

I think the most interesting thing about the whole BF vocals thing is they can apparently power roar/yell/scream/howl all the way down to click/pop/rock clack and subtly "whoop" and "whistle". It is the variety of sounds they produce along with phoneme-like utterances that is pretty fascinating in all of these threads on BF language and vocalizations.

• 2 weeks later...
BFF Patron

A sample of what I think may have been Samurai Chatter recorded in the same general area as a sighting occurring several weeks later.

Filtered for cicadas/katydids in May/June 2007 and amplified enough to hear the second half mumbling a little better.

http://snd.sc/T56JEl

BFF Patron

Tough love and CPR practice rolled up into one I guess. If BF says heel, I guess you heel if you are a pup.

I think the most interesting thing about the whole BF vocals thing is they can apparently power roar/yell/scream/howl all the way down to click/pop/rock clack and subtly "whoop" and "whistle". It is the variety of sounds they produce along with phoneme-like utterances that is pretty fascinating in all of these threads on BF language and vocalizations.

No doubt this has been posted before, but it's a nice montage and summary from FB/FB around BF vocalizing. Some cool footage too:

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/fbfb-breakdown-of-turkey-hunter-bigfoot.html