Bf Voice

I've heard a little bit of it all.

I've been growled at once with a low voice so grumbly, that it almost gurgled like you would imagine water bubbling in the sound. I've heard higher pitched 'wails' or 'whoops' that were multi-tonal, and some with such a pure single rounded "O" to it that was simply amazing.

Several times the group has heard and recorded a grumbly, almost speech-like garble, that when we talk about it within the group we often refer to it as 'mumbling'. When pissed off, that vocalization can jump back and forth within and out of different vocal octaves rapidly and with great intensity. It's quite stunning to hear.

I figure him for a Marlboro reds kind of guy/gal, but good point COGrizzly. I never really thought of it in that way, and I should have. Nice to have your perspective on the forum (never leave)!

Edited by Ace

Guess it depends on if Bigfoot smoked Camel Lights...or Marlboro Reds.

On the Big Bang theory tonight it looked like a marlboro, but it was hard to tell with his furry little hands, did find out they prefer menthols tho....who knew? :lol:

Guest exnihilo

I've heard a little bit of it all.

I've been growled at once with a low voice so grumbly, that it almost gurgled like you would imagine water bubbling in the sound. I've heard higher pitched 'wails' or 'whoops' that were multi-tonal, and some with such a pure single rounded "O" to it that was simply amazing.

Several times the group has heard and recorded a grumbly, almost speech-like garble, that when we talk about it within the group we often refer to it as 'mumbling'. When pissed off, that vocalization can jump back and forth within and out of different vocal octaves rapidly and with great intensity. It's quite stunning to hear.

Sounds similar to the Sierra sounds. I should put another word beginning with "s" in that sentence.

When pissed off, that vocalization can jump back and forth within and out of different vocal octaves rapidly and with great intensity. It's quite stunning to hear.

Only one time, I heard a vocalization..live and at fairly close range... that reminded me of this description. It might have been a reply to my vocalization ( I was trying to induce some kind of response ), and it did sound pissed. The vocal went from a " wooooooooo" quickly into a multi octave scream, that was overbearingly loud ( it caused an echo, behind us ) and was insanely high pitched.

Of course ( do to the unwritten rules of bigfootery ) I can't say it was a BF, because nothing was seen. I can't account for any other animal that could produce this kind of vocal.. and if it was a person.. he / she could win some special talent contests, and was wandering around the woods in the pitch dark. It made my once skeptical camping partner.. want to pack up and leave, and had me considering it.

edited to add

Edited by imonacan

To all- I my two non-visual but vocal encounters in N. Cal. the vocalizations were differant. One encounter was a very, very sound scream that sounded a bit like a giant peacock from 75-100 yds. away followed by two replys that sounded like tongue pops from behind me maybe 45-50 yds. The other encounter was a set of heavy footfalls as one ran past my sleeping bag. You can read about those encounters in the old not sure section of the BBF. ptangier

BFF Patron

Interesting I was buzzed with a cross between the peacock sound and monkey chatter one foggy afternoon in May in a mountainous region where there should have been neither. I've recorded the pops/tocks, clacks, etc. They go with the terrain of BF for sure.