Awful Show.....can't Stop Watching

So I caught last night's episode in Rhode Island. The show "Not Finding Bigfoot" is god awful terrible programming, but I have to tune in just in case they find something. Last night's torch lit cattle drive for squatches ranks right up there with the other low-lights of the show. Such as; goose cam. Bun bun. Boon boon. Convoy of thermals on cars. A camo ghille suit with a huge camera and lights. Thermal of a horse. Fake noise and knocks. Every sound in the woods is a squatch. Looks squatchy. Black nose. The footage alone last night was an obvious fake. The list goes on and on.

How can a show so bad get so much ratings and recent attention? Is the topic that sought after in the general public? If so, let's get some more and better quality programs about it please.

Is the topic that sought after in the general public?

Yep. Ya know why? Cause a good majority of the general public are pretty darn stupid. Not just about mysterious unknown hairy bipeds, but everything. They'll happily gobble up what's served to them on these reality style programs, critical thinking aside.

Television producers have been banking on that little factoid for years. Keep en glued till the next commercial.

Guest KentuckyApeman

I was thinking the same thing, Hoosierfoot. Each show has become a repeat of the others, just in a different location. I think there's still hope for it, but they need to adjust the format or use a different approach.

They'll happily gobble up what's served to them on these reality style programs, critical thinking aside.

Television producers have been banking on that little factoid for years. Keep en glued till the next commercial.

I've been thinking (and then venting) about the same thing. The general public doesn't seem to care about continuously paying more $ for horrible reality shows and programming. Pitbulls and Parolees, Hillbilly Hand Fishin' , Toothless Turtleman diving for snappers for an entire hour ? These might warrant hour long specials.. but a whole series of repeated shows...please, have mercy. If anyone actually likes these shows, I mean no offense to them.

Everyone complains (including me) , but no one usually cancels. Why ?.. They've got the viewers hooked on something in the cable package (sports, reality shows, cartoons, movie channels ..ect.) . They know exactly what they are doing. People don't seem to care about quality TV entertainment , anymore than they care about buying quality music. The result... they can produce non - talented crap, and get away with it, and then charge you more (because your kids and wife want it).

At least Finding Bigfoot has offered me some tidbits of new information, along with it being entertaining...even if lots of incidents are laughable...I need to laugh more. The other shows I've mentioned, just make me shake my head, and turn the channel.. and post things like thiswink.gif

Glad I'm not the only one. Love this show, but it's really starting to get on my nerves. You'd think if they're putting all this money into a series, they'd at least try and get a little more evidence per episode.. They're losing my interest and fast- and for god sake can we get a decent sound mic out there? They've got all this equipment and your telling me I have to blast my sound system out just to hear the littlest sound caught? For shame...

Edited by Whistler

Guest wudewasa

Just look at it as a bit of light entertainment not serious bf research, I laughed hard at the torchs bit

Yeah the torch wielding mob is an old cliche...

"A RIOT, IS AN UGLY THIING.....and its just about TIME WE HAD ONE!!!!"

Edited by wudewasa

Guest Yeti1974

Agreed that this was probably the worst episode they've ever done--and I'm a fan of the show.

Cliff going on and on about mushrooms, everything being "squatch" this and "squatch" that.

At least they had the nerve to not take that "Bigfoot video" too seriously. Otherwise, this episode should have ended up on the cutting room floor, IMHO.

It was noticeably bad. So is a lot of reality TV, though. At home we joke about how they take 10 minutes of action and parlay it into an hour of programming. Recapping the story so far, adding in gratuitious foresty footage, the mushroom, the stupid torches, Bobo reinacts something, ugh. . y a w n.

I did think Cliff was pretty likeable and genuine with the barn owl calls, though.

Admin

Its tv. What part is fact and what part is fiction? Its funny, every noise they hear is a Squatch. They do the reenactments good, but what is fact or fiction. I think MM is drumming up business for his expeditions which will cost ya $$. Squatches take a back seat to Money. There are alot worse programs on the tube. IMO.

I couldn't agree more. As I said once before- if I had the resources, I would produce, "Faking Bigfoot". The season premier of the show would be to punk the cast and crew of "Finding Bigfoot" into thinking they are... wait for it... actually experiencing a genuine flesh-n-blood Bigfoot encounter! ;)

Guest Dave McCormack

I wrote a couple seasons of an outdoor television show so I have a little understanding of how shows like this are put togther and how a writer and producer can stretch a little bit of bad video into an entire episode by taping out takes and "B roll" and then cobbling the whole mess together with narrative. My favorite trick this show uses to try to keep things interesting is how someone will be calling or call blasting from one location and someone else at a distance will radio back and ask how many calls the first guy made. Invariably it ends with, "You mean that second call wasn't you?" It just makes me laugh every time. I do like when they use Bobo to re-create video etc. - that is sort of interesting.

It's an entertainment TV show and it's about Bigfoot. What's not to like?

Serious science and television are mutually exclusive.

The worst episode of Finding Bigfoot is better than 99% of the other stuff out there.

It's an entertainment TV show and it's about Bigfoot. What's not to like?

Serious science and television are mutually exclusive.

The worst episode of Finding Bigfoot is better than 99% of the other stuff out there.

It is rapidly losing its entertainment value- for me, at least.

Same Scat, Different Season (Thanks, Biggie ;) )