Awful Show.....can't Stop Watching

Guest grinder

? Ping Pong Productions ?

The Canadian episode was terrible. A mechanical deer? Really?

Another thing that is super cheesy is the continuity errors. First the team is hunting for bigfoot in the dark with it snowing/raining and everyone is bundled up in winter gear. Then “the next day†everything is dry (ground, bushes, gear, car is dry and dusty) and Matt is wearing a simple shirt and a light jacket while “Camping†and not a cloud in the sky, looks like summer! Absurd. They can't even do the show in one continuous outing.

I have seen these continuity errors before, especially with Bear Grylls show. But last night’s F/B was insulting, not even trying to hide it.

Ranae seemed a little perturbed at the way things are being done. Maybe M.M should actually listen to her as she seems to have some good field experience with animal observation. I like how she asks why doesn’t anyone ever try and run up to the bigfoot to get a better look, or flush it out…. my thoughts exactly. If one saw a bigfoot, why not chase after it is a cryptid and would be the most astounding discovery of the century. Roger Patterson chased after Patty, to me that lends its credibility. And if you video a bigfoot, why not video that dang thing as long as possible to get the most comprehensive footage available. Unlike Todd’s footage as it is only a few seconds long. the guy is a joke. Shopping for the highest bidder.

Edited by grinder

Another "Finding Bigfoot" letdown, eh? Umm.. Yeah... Why is it that every time they get some kind of response, or encounter the show ends and they don't even let you hear or see what's going on? Oh yeah, to make you watch the next even less interesting episode next week- I wish I wasn't so Bigfoot crazy, or I would have dropped this show several episodes ago.. Grrrrrr... :mad: One of these days I'm just going to quit my job and live off the land- who needs a television series when your neighbor is a Yeti? :P

Guest TrucknSquatch

I think I'm with many of you: I've gotten my family to watch this show with me on Sunday's (no small feat). My mom always grumbles about all the background music/drum beats when there is a response to woodknocking/men-proclaiming-themselves-bigfoot-yells. Essentially--how can we hear anything when there is stuff added to add 'drama' to the situation.

As for "squatchy"...truthfully, I have toyed with the idea of doing a blog where I "find Squatch" aka my ragdoll cat, Squatch--you know, marking his footprints in the litter box with a marble for comparison. Every place is Squatchy to these folks. Though I do like Cliff & Bobo, (sometimes Ranae), it sometimes feels like they are degrading the whole process of finding out if there is a eight-footer in my neighborhood woods.

I dunno--I would like to see something. But we don't get near enough to make anything out of anything. I do wish they'd stick around the PNW...that is the hot bed. Do an arc...stay in an area for 2 to 3 episodes. Really let us see. No gimmicks. Put yourself in the situations that people have been in when they've had their encounters.

One last comment: I am ALWAYS waiting when the crew do their interview with the expanse of woods behind them, to have BF pop and up and say, "look, here I am, now will you just leave me alone. I don't go tromping thru your house--stay outta mine."

Edited by megatarsal
to remove profanity

Guest KentuckyApeman

I agree with you and Hoosierfoot....

H- it's still on TV cause it's like watching a trainwreck....you want to turn it off, but just can't.

G- HEY! The PNW has had ALL the attention for the last 50 yrs.....IT'S OUR TURN NOW! :P

....and to answer your question MM is never, EVER going to do an indepth remote camping/bf hunt cause he GOE'S NOWHERE there isn't a Holiday-Inn-Express....actually I'm suprised he doesn't have them as a sponsor. He flies in....prances in fron of the camera, hit's the hotel and whips right back out. Maybe if the show had a new ''Star'' this would be different.

Kinda like a Hollywood Star on the set? "I said lilacs for my trailer, where are the lilacs!" :angry:

Actually I think they are covering North America from coast to coast to drum up viewers, and I can't blame them(the producers, who call the shots).

But if they do one from Disney World in Orlando, that's the final straw.

"We're here at the Magic Kingdom to check out numerous reports of Bigfoot sightings. While Bobo and Ranae ride the Mono Rail, Cliff and I will attempt some wood knockings from Space Mountain."

I admitt, i don't hate the show as much as some people but I don't love it either. I enjoy hearing the witness reports and the group going to the location of sightings but other than that, it's the same show every week. that's the exact reason i gave up on monsterquest, it was a god awful, repetitive show but the content was interesting to me.

The F/B canadian episode in alberta was ridiculous. out of all the hot spots in canada, they go to alberta?? why not British Columbia?? i also found one of MM's comment so idiotic:

"Our main problem with bigfoot in canada was, what would it eat?" so canada is such a sparse, snow covered, fridgid and alien place that there's no way a BF could survive up here! :rolleyes: we have bears, they survive with plenty to eat.

maybe i just mistook his comment but it seemed strange to me. imo

anyway, rant over. lol

^ Yes, Ping Pong, they do Destination Truth for sure. I thought they did Ghost Hunters too, but GH are Pilgrim Flims.

They are connected somehow though, because Jay and Grant are on DT all the time, and Josh has been on GH at several times.

Maybe we'll get Josh or Jay and Grant on FBF.

Dear cactusjack,

You do know Alberta is the other side of the mountain from BC? BC has Bindernagel. Steenburg, Miller et al studying/searching the island and lower mainland. There are bf reports going back to David Thompson in Alberta. The thing about the show that surprised me is they didn't spend any time in the Nordegg/highway 11 area, which is probably the hotspot in the province and arguably has been for a century.

The really sad part for me is:

1.) My kids have always laughed at me for believing in BF............and I finally get them to watch the show and bam.......these "nutjobs" think every sound they hear or piece of evidence is "definetly a squatch"...and now, well they've lumped me into this same group! The show is an embarresment for anyone who believes in BF.

2.) Can't believe how many times we have to hear the line.........."squatches are known to do that".......please, if they would only just say, "based on the numerous eyewitness reports, we have determined that this MIGHT be a characteristic of BF"!!

3.) Here are researchers (loose intepretation) with the time and resources and this is the best thing they can come up with! Common sense can go along ways! (I missed my calling........) MONSTERQUEST was much better!!

The one thing I do like: talking to the eyewitnesses and seeing more reports!! (and examining the films, etc......but at least go to the actual location!! However, like most of you, ANYTHING about BF is better than nothing on T.V. about BF)

I hear tell that the BFRO expeditions are pretty interesting and feature sightings pretty often. If that is so, then it seems Moneymaker ought to be able to pony up some better stuff for Finding Bigfoot than we have seen so far. What kind of stuff could they come up with if the expeditions are any guide? Is the network waiting for the ratings to peak? Is there a plan that includes ending a season with some really real reality TV? hmm

At least we were able to hear the whoop reply and the rock thud when it hit the ground on last night's show. Interesting account of the hunter spotting the white bf too. The animated female bf that was watching the woman had quite a bust on her I must admit. Funny to see Bobo trip again too but glad he was not hurt. hehe

Matt seemed rather defensive about Ranae's take on the footprint in the creek. I thought that was a bit much. Funny to hear her refer to Bobo as Bobes in front of other people. I previously said it looked to me like Matt had lost weight but I must have been on NyQuil or something because it looks like he's gained a little weight from last season if anything. Either way to me the bf accounts and audio catches on their hunt were the best parts of the show.

Guest Thepattywagon

Matt's petulant dismissal of others' opinions is part of the 'schtick' now. That latest footprint discussion was left in for a reason. I think it is to appeal to the Reality TV folks who don't watch a show if it doesn't have a human behaving badly.

I just wonder how Ranae really feels about being told she doesn't have any knowledge of tracks or tracking. My guess is she has at least as much as MM.

But yea, I watch it.

The really sad part for me is:

1.) My kids have always laughed at me for believing in BF............and I finally get them to watch the show and bam.......these "nutjobs" think every sound they hear or piece of evidence is "definetly a squatch"...and now, well they've lumped me into this same group! The show is an embarresment for anyone who believes in BF.

2.) Can't believe how many times we have to hear the line.........."squatches are known to do that".......please, if they would only just say, "based on the numerous eyewitness reports, we have determined that this MIGHT be a characteristic of BF"!!

3.) Here are researchers (loose intepretation) with the time and resources and this is the best thing they can come up with! Common sense can go along ways! (I missed my calling........) MONSTERQUEST was much better!!

The one thing I do like: talking to the eyewitnesses and seeing more reports!! (and examining the films, etc......but at least go to the actual location!! However, like most of you, ANYTHING about BF is better than nothing on T.V. about BF)

You hit it on the head! My son was so into Bigfoot since he was a toddler - we drove from Texarkana to Missouri and he stared out the window for hours trying to spot something in the woods. Now, after watching FB, he asks me "does this mean all Bigfoot is fake, Dad?" We'll check tons of websites and videos, so he still beleives, but FB has actually made him doubt. I cannot say Bigfoot is real, I've had experiences and I must say I hope it's real, but until we have proof, I love just thinking about the possibility.

Also, I think Matt and Bobo make themselves look even more foolish when they discount all that Ranae says. As far as I know, she's the only Biologist on the crew, so why not listen to someone who is being a little more objective instead of saying everything is "squatchy". I don't think she really qualifies as a true skeptic because she's actually looking for evidence, but like me, she wants to prove it to be true instead of just running around believing every story she hears.

Now if I could only make myself quit watching..........oh well, it's all fun anyway.

Guest Twilight Fan
Also, I think Matt and Bobo make themselves look even more foolish when they discount all that Ranae says. As far as I know, she's the only Biologist on the crew, so why not listen to someone who is being a little more objective instead of saying everything is "squatchy".

Entertainment value. Them not listening to her (the only person with common sense, though Cliff seems fine too) makes the show even funnier! And they must be doing something right, since I am embarrassingly addicted to it xD

Guest grinder

The Ohio episode was a bit better but not but much. Man, absolutly nothing happens on this show. There is no progress whatsoever.

M.M has become one of these people who sees bigfoot everywhere and tries to sell it for thousands of dollars. While we don't question their faith that bigfoot exists, we do question their sanity and basic human exstrapolation skills of his own paradigm. M.M has spirled down the rabbit hole into making wild-eyed unblinking proclomations out of desperation. It's not because he is not smart because he seems to be, but his need for bigfoot to exist has become a identiy obsession. He is in too deep and is grasping at straws to save himself. Guess the law school gig didn't work out :)

To M.M, it appears that Bigfoot research has become a obssesive faith that the creature exists instead of a well grounded logical search for a unknown crypto. His entire life and finacial means depends on weather these creatures exsist or not and he comes off as a guy that tells the girl anything just to get in her pants out of complete desperation. If he cant find or prove the exsistance of a bigfoot his whole life will be collapse and he'll end up unredeamned and working at a gas station.

Bobo is a bit better since he claims to have seen a Bigfoot, so he is a little less desperate but dang is he gullable. Finding the bigfoot "nest" was ridiculus, there was survey marking tape in the branches of that "nest" I have to side with Ranae on that one along with the "footprint"

Cliff is level headed and educated and is having fun as this is not his fulltime gig. I like cliff and he should have his own show along with Ranae. He seems the most resonable of the group and not defensive of the whole subject. I admire his sane passion of the subject and I can identify with him more so then the rest of the group.

Ranae comes off as a babysitter to M.M and Bobo. She is level headed, smart and logical I like her as she is the Momma trying to tell her children that not ever bump in the night is a bigfoot. As the seasons progress, seems like more and more she either wants to roll her eyes and laugh at Matt on camera or just go back to her day job. I would dig to hear the off camera dialog between her and M.M.

All in all, this show has done more damage to the believers then helped us out. It paints us all like M.M. Thanks Matt.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Removal of religious references

Guest wudewasa

M.M has become one of these people who sees bigfoot everywhere and tries to sell it for thousands of dollars. While we don't question their faith that bigfoot exists, we do question their sanity and basic human exstrapolation skills of his own paradigm. M.M has spirled down the rabbit hole into making wild-eyed unblinking proclomations out of desperation. It's not because he is not smart because he seems to be, but his need for bigfoot to exist has become a identiy obsession. He is in too deep and is grasping at straws to save himself. Guess the law school gig didn't work out :)

To M.M, it appears that Bigfoot research has become a obssesive faith that the creature exists instead of a well grounded logical search for a unknown crypto. His entire life and finacial means depends on weather these creatures exsist or not and he comes off as a guy that tells the girl anything just to get in her pants out of complete desperation. If he cant find or prove the exsistance of a bigfoot his whole life will be collapse and he'll end up unredeamned and working at a gas station.

All in all, this show has done more damage to the believers then helped us out. It paints us all like M.M. Thanks Matt.

Grinder,

Succinctly put and spot on. This behavior has been discussed previously on BFF 1.0. Many organizations have characterisitcs of a cult. I posted the following info on another thread, but the verbage applies here as well.

From

"But if you leave the "religious" component out of the definition, thus broadening the word's usage, it becomes clear that Objectivism was (and is) a cult, as are many other, non-religious groups. In this context, then, a cult may be characterized by:

• Veneration of the Leader: Excessive glorification to the point of unquestionable righteousness.
  • Inerrancy of the Leader: Belief that he or she cannot be wrong.
  • Omniscience of the Leader: Acceptance of beliefs and pronouncements on virtually all subjects, from the philosophical to the trivial.
  • Persuasive Techniques: Methods used to recruit new followers and reinforce current beliefs.
  • Hidden Agendas: Potential recruits and the public are not given a full disclosure of the true nature of the group's beliefs and plans.
  • Deceit: Recruits and followers are not told everything about the leader and the group's inner circle, particularly flaws or potentially embarrassing events or circumstances.
  • Financial Exploitation: Recruits and followers are persuaded to invest in the group.
  • Absolute Truth: Belief that the leader and/or group has a method of discovering final knowledge on any number of subjects.
  • Absolute Morality: Belief that the leader and/or the group have developed a system of right and wrong thought and action applicable to members and nonmembers alike. Those who strictly follow the moral code may become and remain members, those who do not are dismissed or punished."

I'm not referring to the BFRO as a cult, as there are clearly members whom I know that are definitely critical thinkers in their own right. However, the BFRO does have ELEMENTS of a cult, as all groups do.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To reflect edited quote; member's response edited for qouted content from supplied link