What Would You Do If You Found A Baby Bigfoot?

Guest Twilight Fan

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about doing the compassionate and "humane" thing and care about its situation?

I am often involved in wildlife rescue and know that in general you dont see the kids of anything alone - theres a reason and it will usually be that the parents are in trouble or dead.

The animal kingdom in Australia must differ greatly with that of North America...

I can think of many animals that regularly leave their young alone.

Deer- fawns bedded down in a field or in tree cover, will sit there quietly for hours until mom returns.

They are so innocent and ignorant of the way's of the world- that if you come upon one, sometimes(if really young) it will lay there and allow you to stroke it. And sometimes they leap up scaring the bejeezus out you, and run off blatting their heads off.

Foxes,Bears,Coyotes- all regularly leave their young in/near a den- for hours at a time- during which time they regularly play just outside.

Domestic cats- same thing- will leave kittens hidden and leave for hours to hunt.

I can think of plenty of others, but I'll stop there for the sake of brevity.

My general point:

Without knowing for sure what the situation is- it is irresponsible to take young critters from the environment they are in, because one "thinks" the parent (mom usually) is missing or dead.

When dealing with predators- especially large furry ones with fangs, you can do this at your own peril....

If your talking about a small woodland creature its one thing, when its a 600lb muscle bound hairy biped that can toss you around like a rag doll- "discretion is the better part of valor".

A.

Art!

Com'on man BIGFOOOT ARMY you could be the Supreme Commander of my Bigfoot Army! Its so worth it!

When you get your cloned Bigfoot Army together, let me know.... We'll talk...

;)

SSR Team

The animal kingdom in Australia must differ greatly with that of North America...

Deer- fawns bedded down in a field or in tree cover, will sit there quietly for hours until mom returns.

Deer's maybe, but Primates won't in the overwhelming majority of cases.

& we can go back and forth and argue what BF may or may not be, but surely there's no argument that it isn't a Primate.

They are so innocent and ignorant of the way's of the world- that if you come upon one, sometimes(if really young) it will lay there and allow you to stroke it. And sometimes they leap up scaring the bejeezus out you, and run off blatting their heads off.

Foxes,Bears,Coyotes- all regularly leave their young in/near a den- for hours at a time- during which time they regularly play just outside.

Domestic cats- same thing- will leave kittens hidden and leave for hours to hunt.

I can think of plenty of others, but I'll stop there for the sake of brevity.

My general point:

Without knowing for sure what the situation is- it is irresponsible to take young critters from the environment they are in, because one "thinks" the parent (mom usually) is missing or dead.

When dealing with predators- especially large furry ones with fangs, you can do this at your own peril....

If your talking about a small woodland creature its one thing, when its a 600lb muscle bound hairy biped that can toss you around like a rag doll- "discretion is the better part of valor".

Yes you are right about many animals leaving the little ones alone when they go out foraging but I don’t think that situation was the idea of the OP’s scenario. Australia has a wide variety of animals and these of course include those animals who must leave their young in a safe place while foraging and a few animals that carry their young in a pouch (wombats and kangaroos are most known for this – and there are others that carry their young on their back such as Koalas and Possums [considering how doped out Koalas are on gum leaves it’s a wonder their young don’t fall off more]). I’m thinking BF kids would do a lot of piggy backing on mother or father when very young. When it could walk it would likely go with parents everywhere to learn where to eat, how to hide from humans etc. At times Im sure the kids would need to stay in a hiding place when there was a possibility of danger. I don’t think though a BF child would just stray by itself unless something had happened to its parents.

My image of the OP (Twilight Fan’s) scenario was of a BF child exposed and alone. So far there are no reports of that except the reports where the parent was captured or the report of killing the adult and child. Basically I guess that BF like other creatures living in the bush,( if they must leave the child for a while), will have their child stay in a reasonably safe place and like other children born in the wild it will stay in the vicinity the parent leaves it.. So my image here is that it is a scenario of a BF child oddly exposed rather than hidden and unaccompanied. As I said I would not take it away until I had conducted quite a search for the adult (including calls for the parent). In wildlife rescue it is clear that it is best not to disturb the child as all types of complications might arise if in fact the child was just temporarily exposed and the parents were actually well and hunting. If though a child is out of place, exposed to danger, not accompanied even by a sibling and no parent comes to its protection then after a while one could assume something fairly wrong and the child to likely need help. Of course it also matters what type of animal we are speaking about, and here we are speaking about a humanoid looking creature with hair over most of its body that is a child. If the scenario had it as a youth I would leave it once I knew it was not injured. A child to a certain age needs help. The parent might be in need of help too.

Encounter.. LOl I actually wondered about this with so much time camping and after I saw the 5" prints....!

Although my heart would want to smother the child with reassurance and take that little guy home? I did think about it so far to decide the only thing one could do would be to set up camp at that location for a good time, perhaps a few weeks to ensure no relative will be back to claim.

So, at the end of the two weeks what? Sell the house and goods, buy the cabin and try and bridge that world till he is independant? Don't tell anyone! LOL

Babies are precious, it would be a sad day a BF was left on it's own.

I'd pull out my camera and my smartphone camera, to make it run away within seconds. I could even control which way it ran, by pointing my camera in one direction, I know it would run the other way.

ps I'm filing a copyright application on this, so don't think you can rip this idea off.

Type of Work: Text. Registration Number / Date: TXu001766199 / 2012-01-27. Application Title: A New Way of Repelling a New Species of Contemporary Feral Homo sapiens. Title: A New Way of Repelling a New Species of Contemporary Feral Homo sapiens. Description: Electronic file (eService). Copyright Claimant: Parn Assus 1955- . Date of Creation: 2012. Authorship on Application: Parn Assus, 1955- ; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: text, photograph(s), editing, Data Tables. Rights and Permissions: O. Dewey, Dewey Cheatum & Howe Legal, 1077 Eastheimer, Suite 6100,Comroe, TX, 77044-3532, United States, odewey@deweycheatumhowe.comNames: Assus, Parn, 1955- ===========================================

lol I live pretty close to CONROE TX

Edited by Tautriadelta

BFF Patron

leave it alone ....not touch it......

thumbsup.gif

Say hi and bye.......

Since the baby Squatch is alone in the woods and distressed; I would take it home and raise him/her as if he/she were my own child. I would save the one million dollars one billion dollars that me and the baby Squatch made from TV appearances and interviews in a trust fund and we would not spend any of that money until the baby Squatch turned 18. ;)

Cervelo our minds were thinking alike. :thumbsup:

Guest mdbigfoot

How about doing the compassionate and "humane" thing and care about its situation?

I am often involved in wildlife rescue and know that in general you dont see the kids of anything alone - theres a reason and it will usually be that the parents are in trouble or dead. There are responsible and naturally compassionate steps to take. Like any first aid situation first check to see the dangers about both for yourself and the child. Second try to recognise what is wrong, is the child in trouble or is their family nearby. In the case of BF Im sure the child would come to you if you offered some food (stories on encounters with the kids suggest this). Im also sure that if the child piggy backed on you or you picked it up and just stayed there any mother near by would not worry on this - only if you started to take it out of the forest. If the child was not needing medical attention I would have it piggy back while I went looking for its mother who may be in need of help or dead. If after some time of calling for the parents and searching I did not find them I would either take it home if I had too or get a friend to come up with stores and camp there for a while and continue the search. In the end it would come home with me if no parents could be found.

I believe that I would try to do the same as Encounter proposes. I would want to make sure it was safe and I was safe before doing anything. Also, i would just be happy to finally see one up close, even if it was not mature. There also is the issue of "legal possession of a wild creature" that I would be concerned with taking the creature home. Here in Maryland a situation happened once where I found a newborn deer fawn in a creek bed with puncture marks in its head. I figured the mother gone and it needed care so I took it home and cared for it. The next day I went to local DNR park rep to find out about animal shelters that would take it. He informed me that it was "illegal" to even possess the deer and that I should just take it back to where I found it and let "nature take its course", which I did. So what would happen if you brought home a creature that formally DNR and all other agencies deny even exist and go public with it? Would the law just find a legal "loophole" to remove it and place me in jail? Just putting it out there for thought!! MDbigfoot

Guest openureyes

I would hope that most people would leave it alone and before you call someone ask yourself can I trust this person ?

Guest squatchrider

Take it home? And what exactly would I do with it when I got it home? I have seen the damage a young monkey can do to a room I don't even want to think of the strength of a young bigfoot. I would love to say that I would try to observe the baby BF from a distance and make sure no predators killed it. The only catch to this is trying to observe the baby BF while being afraid that a parent BF is observing me ready to remove my head from my shoulders. I'd take pictures. Even though no one would think they were real I would know. I would observe as long as possible but eventually I would have to leave it there. There are SO many problems with the theory of taking it home. How to care for a BF, how quickly it would grow, the media circus once anyone found out (and they would), the law, the government, freaks trying to break in to steal it or kill it. I just don't see any good coming from taking the baby BF out of the woods even if it were possible to do so without adult BFs killing you.

• Upvote 1

I did a quick search on Yahoo for reports of baby Bigfoot encounters and didn't really find much. For some reason I am interested in young bigfoots rather than adults. Is there any reports of baby bigfoots that you guys could point me towards?