Nocturnal Species Or Just Nocturnal Hunters?

Yes for those who havent had an encounter and a sighting it is all conjecture - though for those of us who have had encounters of various types and sightings some things are not conjecture.

Thanks for that link. In reading that it seems easy to understand that BF might be seen as cathemeral (covers more concerning sightings etc) rather than only nocturnal, or diurnal or crepuscular.

Tree knocks I always heard during the day but not at night or evening. The hoo hoo hoo call between them happened from evening on to dawn but sometimes on darker cloudy days you would hear it too. The only time I encountered extreme activity from them was at night.

BFF Patron

And, I have never heard a treeknock during the day...... in an active sighting area.

And, only when imminent intrusion occurred would there be reactions such as tree pushovers.

To each their own, huh? :P

I thought this was a discussion to extend our knowledge and share information? If I had never heard tree knocks during the day but someone who has had actual encounters with BF and lived in an isolated place where BF/yowies were more likely to go about their normal habits, Id be interested to know about that. From your post and the tongue out smilie, it seems that you are saying as you havent heard something (and there are various reports of tree knocks during the day) then you are not going to take such information into account. I dont get that sorry, perhaps you could explain this way of thinking. The only information those who have had no encounters are able to gain is from those who have. The whole BF discussion only exists because of those who have encountered something does it not?

I've seen & heard them all day & all night. There have been rocks hitting the barn roof & a few knocks in the daytime, too.

I don't know what it's called, but they seem to go about their business day or night around here.

I first heard tree knocks a couple-three weeks ago, it was in day, late afternoon, maybe 4 pm, 45 mins before sundown. I never ever go at night because I am CHICKEN. I tried once.....wow, it was so scary...no way! Hats off to the ladies and gents of night reseach. I am sure it was tree knocks, as sure as you can be without seeing them smack a tree.

Okay, BUT the question....any sightings of juveniles or females at late at night? If so, many?

I saw a large one that I think was a female & 3 smaller ones walking across a clearing behind my house one night. They were spread out side by side.

It was in April, & about 10 pm.

BFF Patron

:onthequiet: Habituators do it cathemerally.........

Time for a poll.....

Edited by bipedalist

SSR Team

I probably shouldn't have said that so matter of factly. I think, if there is a bigfoot, it is crepuscular.

You was right the first time Ace..;)

Habituators do it cathemerally.........

I just want a nice, simple clapping-hands emoticon. I need a magnifying glass to see what these new ones are meant to be.

Anyway......I like this!

Mike