Kill A Bigfoot Or Capture One For Proof, A Better Non Lethal Way

Edit: (For example, this exact post of mine right here responding is a garbage post, in my opinion.)

For one, that couldn't hold a 800lb bigfoot if one was lucky enough to get one that large. Not a chance, dude.

For two, it's short enough for almost any game. I bet a raccoon or fox or coyote could find a way for the bait.

For three, my original post was attempting to suggest other ideas, other than my "dumbarse" ones. Like I said, I can't think of a "professional" lure mechanism yet. That trap in that pic looks like something that a poor homeless dude would make (no offense to the owner - North American Wildlife Research Association based in Eugene, Oregon).

I'm speaking of thousands of dollars and concrete or steel (smooth sided so nothing can crawl up and get the bait) -- Not some logged up shelter with a "chicken wire cable door." Just saying. :)

Again, I'm boggled of how to detract birds and insects and big cats. Also, again, non-bear country.

Mudder -

1. Are you saying my response was a garbage post? Cuz I was just giving a brief response to your post and it fit what you were proposing, but I don't think you were talking to me. soooo

2. I never said that little trap would work, was just pointing out that such things have been tried. The trap is not all that big (and one wonders just how big did the NAWRA think a bigfoot was) but a smaller animals wouldn't be able to access it. Despite appearances, it is rather well built and has withstood 30+ years of vandalism, abuse, and fire. The old miner/research cabin just up the trail however is nothing more than a pile of debris and shingles.

3. As the years go by, and more and more people continue to attribute some fantastic intelligence to these creatures/people (even claiming they are far smarter then humans), no trap would work then because the sasquatch(es?) would always 'know something was up'.

4. Sticking with the process that these beings are of typical or above average animal intelligence, it's all a matter of enticement (bait) overcoming instinct to get them to enter a structure of any kind. So really, outside of the illogical use of a massive pit trap, I think any above ground structural trap would fail for anything except the random animal entry and capture. If they are of animal intelligence, then it doesn't really matter if it looks like a trap to a human.

What's my point... don't really have one, just pointing a few things out. So outside of the extreme of killing one or 'just leave them alone', trapping one is about the only viable option to proving they exist other than finding a randomly deceased one. Photo and film will never work unless it happens to be a group of "real scientists" that are all present when the film is shot and then it would still stand a probable 98% chance of being dismissed as a hoax.

peace

Boris Khan

Prolly a different type of tracking device , definately not a chip, but they do use satellite tracking when tagging great whites and other large fishies and mammals in the ocean. Usually stay attached for a length of time then become unattched

Forgive the flippant reply but I immediately thought of this classic from the mighty xkcd:

outreach.png

:D

*n

BFF members- IMHO tranking a Sasquatch and/or detaining it in a cage will not give you the study or desired results. A Sasquatch in a caged enviornment will not give the study of a subject in its natural surroundings and would result in very flauded study results. NOW, studing the Sasquatch

as Diane Fosse did with the gorilla would be difderant and possibly result in a truer view of the subjects involved. Otherwise all you would get is a very pissed off subject with bad results and a bunch of satisfied egos. Let the professionals do their due diligence. Needless to say it is agianst the regulations

of/ in some states to harrass, corrall(capture) or harm non-game animals or wildlife. ptangier

good point ptangier - about five months into my effort i went to the zoo...and it was really just too much.

That zoo's Orangutan's, three generations, were so bored and obviously depressed with their lives it was tough to linger long at all.

The mother, too depressed to even really respond to the infant, was helped out by what appeared to be a grandmother, who dutifully did those things mother's should do for their baby, such as touching it's nose, or allowing it to climb around her and begin some game, but grandma seemed to do so as an old and tired bored duty, with only an occassional light in the eyes, she did love the youth.

Now that doesn't sound too bad right? Maybe that Mom was just napping and G'ma filling in?

I don't think so b/c in the wild that infant would not have been away from it's mother's ever, or allowed to be touched by another, for the first six months and after, they do continue to remain attached and rather solitary for some years..... don't quote me, some here know exactly and i hope they correct or add to this idea, especially if I am wrong.

Not what we would observe in the natural state of things anyway and so not much use for understanding true behavior..

I agree, caging for study won't cut it with BFs, a highminded primate.

Starting with a juvenile and raising to handle the captivity gives you the picture I described above IMO.. Starting with an adult gives you Ptangier's..

So, unless we are just about medical research, and say who cares, cage them and get the blood or serum or bio-parts we need, it doesn't make much sense to me, and seems like senseless tragedy for the BFs...

I think the definite trend globally, and in the US, is to stop using imprisoned higher primates for scientific study, and to stop caging them in zoos.

Edited by apehuman

Ape - Right you are IMHO, and just to mention isn't it or wasn't a law agiasnt caging primates in Arizona? Honestly folks, can't we just stand back and let the professionals take care of the scientific study end of the deal; I haven't heard any statement from the pro. researchers/ or anthropologists calling for capture a this end. ptangier

Just my opinion, but I just don't see anything that could be presented out there that would entice a mature adult to enter or be trapped. Even benign camera traps which are much smaller and subtle have had very limited success. As many have said before, you are not dealing with some dumb primate, but a subject with intellect and cognitive thinking that would most likely know what the trap was from the beginning and stay clear of the area.

If, and I say if someone was to capture one, what facility or agency would be equipped to handle something like this?? I really don't think there are cages or structures strong enough to hold one. I do know of one instance where a snooping Bigfoot was locked up in an old rail car shed by the property owner who had problems with the sneaky prowler. Before the researchers could get there, the prisoner ripped its way out of there bending and twisting thick steel panels.

My hats off to anyone trying not to harm them, but I see the chances of trapping one very unlikely.

LOL Midnight owl you are probably spot on.

And ptangier you raise a really valid point too; where are the licensed biologists, with a wildlife taking permit, in this effort?

Edited by apehuman