What Evidence Convinces You?

georgerm

SquatchingONe, I fully agree with your three lines of evidence. There are far too many reports, and we can't discount the sheer numbers. We will catch one someday.

To my knowledge no one has witnessed a road-killed bigfoot being dragged away by other bigfoot, and because we know nothing definitive about bigfoot, why should we assume anything about bigfoot?

There was one on the old forum sort of like that. My mind isn't working at all well today and that report is very old and kind of fuzzy but it was something like her grandfather worked for the railroad and it was about a hundred years ago and somehow the story got passed down to her. I remember it being something like Idaho or Montana. The train hit it and killed it. They supposedly put it in a cargo cart. As they were leaving they saw a group of them grab it out of the car and drag it away. It obviously isn't enough to base much of an opinion on though so I still agree with your statement/question.

Edited by BobZenor

Just read that over 100 tracks were found south of Cottage Grove, Oregon, this month. Tracks went across mud flats on a lake.

So every track that's ever been made or cast was done so as a hoax? I find that harder to believe then the fact that BFS been able to stay hidden out there for this long. Something is out there causing these sightings and making these tracks, and i don't believe the hoaxes even come remotely close to explaining them all. I believe most tracks are in fact tangible evidence.

unfortunately tracks can not be used as evidence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence

In scientific research evidence is accumulated through observations of phenomena that occur in the natural world, or which are created as experiments in a laboratory or other controlled conditions. Scientific evidence usually goes towards supporting or rejecting a hypothesis.

BFF Patron

Yeah, the "evidence police" strike again! :beach:

There are far too many reports, and we can't discount the sheer numbers. We will catch one someday.

Yet another bigfoot-UFO similarity. There are many.

RayG

unfortunately tracks can not be used as evidence

Its all so very odd... tracks are used by hunters to find their quarry, used by biologists for investigation of known and unknown matters in the natural landscape, used by police as evidence to put people in jail for crimes their tracks pointed to, used by search parties to find the lost, used by the lost to retrace their steps, used by investigators in various sciences - but somehow they are not evidence in BF research. Just odd tis all, dont you think?

Guest Bipedal Ape

...because no primates exist in north america, thats a scientificly demonstrable fact. if these tracks were evidence then we wouldnt be on a forum discussing this "cryptid"...

I think as incorrigible pointed out the tracks can go to evidence of some sort though not necessarily proof. Here please note I am already one who has seen the footprints and had encounters so it wont be new proof to me.

Evidence comes in many forms. All information can be evidence, its a case of looking at the information to see what weight the evidence has, whether the evidence has been manipulated and if so for what purposes, if the evidence is indeed with concern to that which you are researching or something else etc.

As to your point about being on a forum discussing a cryptid, well Im just on a BF forum to discuss yowies/ bigfoots/yeti's/alma/dooligah etc - whether some are here as crytid researchers, or not.

Edited by Encounter

Though tracks are not definitive proof of what most of us believe to be Bf. How can you sit there and honestly debate that a track is not evidence. A TRACK IS VERY TANGIBLE EVIDENCE! Just not enough to prove hands down, no questions asked that there is a large undiscovered cryptid in the forests of North America. Bipedal Ape, the fact that you refer to BF as a cryptid only lends credence to it's existence in my opinion, so many cryptids have been proven to really exist when originally believed to be complete fantasy. In many cases the skins of the animal weren't enough to convince science and the world. I'm new to the BF world, I joined this forum to open my mind to new theory's and thoughts, am i now going to be told that tracks and skins are no longer evidence of a creatures existence. I feel the need to go into detail here, i'll do so in a new thread.

• masterbarber locked this topic