What Evidence Convinces You?

georgerm

BFF Patron

Personal proof.

Ray

I agree it's hard to explain why a stray bone has never popped up. It could just be the remote locations these creatures are living in. I think BF may be using their own dead as a food source, i find it hard to believe, but it may even be possible that they burry their dead. People SOMETIMES find bones of COMMON animals in the forest habitat, they're usually scattered in a wide area due to scavenging and what not, and found in areas frequented by man. Even if a person were to come across a bone sample deep in the forest, how would they ever be able to tie that bone sample to BF, unless it were a complete skull or something distinct like that. I doubt your average person would be able to pick out BF's finger bone on the forest floor, let alone be able to identify what species it belonged to, or even have enough mind to bring it in for testing. I personally believe the majority of us would throw that finger bone away as if it were nothing special, and who's to say that this scenario hasn't played out before. I know for a fact that your average outdoorsmen/woman isn't out there looking for BF or to prove it's existence. As for your arguments on why a BF has never been hit by a car, how many mountain lions have you heard of ending up as road kill? and i would wager that BF is more intelligent then your average cougar, even though cougars are extremely smart themselves.

If they are family orientated,or reasonably intelligent, then maybe they take the road kill away. There have been reports of them tangling with cars, even suspected dead ones beside the road. We continue to discuss them under the assumption they don't deal with their dead,or have any social structure. Not to mention an understanding of avoiding traffic.

It's clear i choose a horrible comparison in the cougar but JohnC did an awesome job of picking up the ball where i had dropped it.

It's still hard to believe there is another animal out there sophisticated enough to burry their dead.

The point i was trying to make was that a lot more deer, moose etc. get wacked by cars each year, it's much more rare for a large predator to get smacked by a moving vehicle. BF seems to be the largest, smartest, most elusive creature that ever existed, if it in fact does.

scratch out the largest :P

To my knowledge no one has witnessed a road-killed bigfoot being dragged away by other bigfoot, and because we know nothing definitive about bigfoot, why should we assume anything about bigfoot?

I base my thoughts on other large animals that wander the woodlands of North America. Even if bigfoot were as intelligent as some suppose, and even if bigfoot shunned tools, clothing, fire, and other things us humans take for granted in North America, surely at some point Bigfoot Jr. would look at his dad and lament the lack of goodies that the hairless humans enjoy? Given their supposed accuracy with tossed rocks and pine-cones, maybe even something simple like a spear for making the procurement of deer livers easier.

I'd like to think that everything I've become skeptical about regarding bigfoot over the years, was a mistake on my part, and I shall enjoy dining on crow once the day arrives when the existence of bigfoot is a given instead of questioned. I'm getting older though, and as the years turn into decades, I fear that day is never going to come for me.

RayG

BFF Patron

When Geico ditches the high-fiving squirrels and shows a couple high-fiving BF's causing traffic avoidance maneuvers and results I think we :startle: shall have "arrived". :startle:

Hey, bigfoot is on TV already.

There's a new comedy show out called LOL. In the few minutes that I watched of it last night, they had two bigfoot sketches. One where an unconscious man is brought to bigfoot's cave. When the man awakens he is startled to see bigfoot sitting there watching him. He taps his chest and says 'Bob'. Bigfoot looks a little puzzled. Man taps his chest again a few times and says 'Bob'. Bigfoot seems to get it and taps his own chest, grunting 'Bob'. As this goes back and forth a few more times with both the man and bigfoot tapping their own chests and saying 'Bob', bigfoot finally reaches behind himself and brings out a crude-looking passport with his hairy picture on it and the name 'Bob' scrawled on it.

In the second bigfoot skit later in the show, an unconscious attractive woman has been brought back to bigfoot's cave. She is also startled to see a bigfoot when she awakens, and she immediately taps her chest and says 'Judy'. Bigfoot looks puzzled, so she repeats two or three times, tapping her chest and saying 'Judy'. Finally, bigfoot reaches out, palms her chest and says 'Judy'. He repeats this a few times before she gets upset and knocks his hands away. He sits looking at her for a moment, then taps his own chest and says 'Bob'.

RayG

I thought it was already established that within 15-30 minutes after a bigfoot was struck on a roadway, the "Men In Black" would arrive and remove the body. Why not borrow your brother-in-law's cell phone and hide near a desolate stretch of road , phone in a bigfoot road kill report, and see what happens.

Ray

You bring up really good points, I also like to pay attention to other large mammals that share the same supposed habitat. Even the largest and smartest of the known species, the bear, has seemed to be hit by cars more frequently then i had estimated. I've never really studied these statistics in detail, as i've said i'm fairly new to the whole BF thing, but they are hard to deny.

None, notta, non existent. & I'm sure in the coming months/ years it's only going to get alot worse! Due to the recent media " Bigfoot shows" the number of hoaxes will increase dramatically. Not that that there has ever been a shortage. Why is " Bigfoot" so compelling ???? I only have doubt.... But can't seem to accept it.

How many cougar road-kills? I don't have specific numbers, but it does happen.

The outcome is similar for panthers in Florida, where at least 7 had died from being struck by vehicles by the end of July, 2011.

Meanwhile, still no bigfoot roadkill in any state or province.

RayG

Ray, I read a report where a BF was on the highway that goes east from Portland, Oregon and it was grazed by a car. It stayed in the in the median strip for awhile, and finally got across the road.

There was another report where a BF was injured by a train and it was taken to a ranch outside Powers, Oregon. It was nursed back to health and let go.

The BFS seem to understnad traffic better than other mammals so this my explain why we don't find road kills.

Finding a road kill would be a great find..................keep looking!

Edited by georgerm

Hello all! Resident Noob here. Let me wade in to this discussion with my 2 cents because that's about what it is worth. I am not convince of BFs existence nor am I convinced it doesn't exist. I am however fully 100% hooked on the phenomenon. I have never had a sighting or anything as I live in the state of Georgia and in south GA at that. I will tell you that I lean towards them being a living breathing animal and here are just 3 small examples of why I lean that way.

1. The sheer number of sightings that are all similar. All of the people who have had a sighting weren't smoking peyote.

2. The length of time that the sightings have taken place. Native Americans have spoken about these creatures for a very long time before Europeans arrived.

3. The ability to stay hidden in well wooded areas is not as hard as some would have you to believe. I know for a fact here in my neck of the woods you could easily stay hidden from human eyes for a very long time if you had the knowledge and skill.

This goes for the Pacific Northwest mostly. The size and scope of the area is enormous.

That said nothing has convinced me 100% and those are just 3 examples of what intrigues me.

• masterbarber locked this topic