A Day In The Life Of Bigfoot?

Guest Twilight Fan

Guest Twilight Fan

I suppose there is also the school of thought which says that Bigfoot is some kind of alien or inter-dimensional being. I'm not saying anything about the people who believe this way or judging. I just bring it up to offer alternative "possibilities" to the standard; "He walks. He eats. He sleeps" kind of reply. In my experience on this forum, I am guessing that Encounter may have an opinion to share on this "other" way of thinking.

Edited by Twilight Fan

How they spend their time depends on how they make a living, just like us. I don't think there is a one size fits all answer to that. Some hunt, some have found other sources of protein. I assume they are able to make use of a wide variety of vegetation when it is in season. Insects the same way, when locusts come out, go after locusts. When larva hatch collect larva. I am going to guess that their routine changes by the week, by the season... make hay while the sun shines.

Another thing that will take up some time is child rearing and discipline. I don't see a bunch of every guy for himself type of behavior. Somebody is teaching youngsters how to be good little/big squatchs.

One thing I can't imagine is them coming up with those ripped bodies by being lazy.

Guest Twilight Fan

What makes you say they have "ripped" bodies? Have any reports described muscular abs under the fur? (Not to be funny..I really don't know).

Squatchflex the new weight loss tool... Maybe they got those muscles from throwing rocks?

If they are at all like gorillas or other large apes (and many other animals like cats even) they sleep a lot or lay low at various times during the day.

They eat and sleep by day, then taunt bigfooters by night. His wife and kids get on his nerves just like ours do since the female nags him all the time and objects to everything he does, and his juvies are rebellious and argumentative causing constant strife too where the poor bf just wants to get away from it all. So he escapes his reality by roaming for food, spending time with his fellow bf friends and messing with bigfooters for kicks, but in the end he always winds up being back with the wife and kids and the cycle continues.

Don't lions sleep something like 18-20 hours in a day? Amazing. And we call HUMANS lazy!

Or more........Actually, it isn't all sleep. They are lying around awake for a lot of that time. There is a great story of some Germans who were camping in Kenya when one of them felt a great weight on his face in the middle of the night. He woke his buddy, who looked carefully out of the tent to see a pride of a dozen lions lying all around the tent, with one lying half on it and squishing his buddy. Luckily, this one moved soon, but the pride lay there for over 24 hours.........which meant that the campers had to lie in their tent virtually motionless for 24 hours, unable to eat, drink, talk..........or go to the toilet!

I wouldn't call it lazy. I would call it sensible energy conservation........and Africa is hot! Better to lie in the shade than to run around if you don't need to.

Mike

Edited by MikeG

Or more........Actually, it isn't all sleep. They are lying around awake for a lot of that time. There is a great story of some Germans who were camping in Kenya when one of them felt a great weight on his face in the middle of the night. He woke his buddy, who looked carefully out of the tent to see a pride of a dozen lions lying all around the tent, with one lying half on it and squishing his buddy. Luckily, this one moved soon, but the pride lay there for over 24 hours.........which meant that the campers had to lie in their tent virtually motionless for 24 hours, unable to eat, drink, talk..........or go to the toilet!

Mike, I can't help thinking they probably "went to the toilet" without actually going to the toilet!

Guest BFSleuth

The average day of a BF will depend on what time of year, where they live, the weather, available food supply, and proximity to known human activity.

There are many recorded observations of BF when the BF haven't known they were observed. What they have been observed to be doing?

- Washing and stacking roots in a stream

- Walking slowly from bush to bush, selecting and eating leaves

- Catching fish

- Digging in the ground and eating grubs

- Killing a hog with repeated fist blows and carrying it off

- Chasing deer

- Carrying dead dear

- Breaking off a limb and eating the bark like corn on the cob

Where they are will depend on where the food source is best. Is it the time of year for eating sweetgrass root or thule root? Are the berries ripe? Is it tourist season and the campground dumpsters full? Is the sap running in the bark? Are the high meadows full of grass for the deer herds?

An average day seems to include a lot of foraging and exercise. Try ripping apart a dead stump with your bare hands to eat a few grubs and see how that compares to your fancy exercise equipment.

Guest wild eyed willy

Ok, now for the other side of the coin. A day in the life of a BF would certainly depend on what family position that Squatch held. Momma, Papa or children would have different daily activities. For the sake of time and my fingers, I'll just offer Dads day. 6:00am, Wake to Mamas cold feet kicking you in the back. Yawn, stretch and Scratch some inappropiate places. 6:15am, Bang head on Log while exiting the hurridly thrown together shelter from last night. 6:18am Stub toe on rock, Let out stream of BF Obscenities. 6:20am Limp to the woods to see a man about a horse. 6:25am Settle down to conduct some buisness. 6:29am Discovers that his chosen spot is right on top of a Yellow Jacket nest. Let loose with another stream of BF Obscenities. 630am Begin the two miniute mile to escape being stung anymore. 6:32am Stop running, take a breath only to get stung by the one Yellow Jacket who was too stupid or pissed to stop, let out stream of BF obscenities. 6:33am dive into the stream to escape **** bug, bang head on log hiding beneath the ripples, Gurggle stream of BF obscenities. 6:35am lounge in stream, the cool water feels good. 6:40am grab Trout swimming past, bite off head and consume the rest. 6:55am eat a spider. 7:00am begin searching the forest for food. 7:34am duck quickly out of the way because Pinkey is walking some sort of Canine down a path close by, bang head on rock, unleash stream of BF Obscenities. ( quietly) 7:36am pick up rock and hurl it towards pinkey who is getting too close for comfort. 7:38am let out growl 7:38:22 Laugh BF ass off as Pinky and canine retreat at remarkable pace. 7:49am spot deer feeding, begin stealthy appraoch. 7:50am so much for stealthy approach, begin to chase deer who is already running away. 7:52am Stub other toe on rock while chaseing deer, let out stream of BF obscenities. 8:21am Give up chase, pick up pine tree and eat branches, throw trunk. 8:26am Continue search for food. 9:03am Come upon Pinkey Farm at the edge of the wood line. 9:05am Step over fence, grab chicken, grab another chicken, step back over the fence and duck into forest. 9:06am Bang funny bone on tree trunk while making getaway, wonder why they call it a funny bone when it is anything but funny. 9:07am let out stream of BF obscenities. 10:04am Reach family and show off chickens. 10:05am Listen to chickens let out stream of Chicken obscenities. 10:09am Share meal of chickens with family. 10:49am Lay down to get some sleep. To be continued!!!

Edited by wild eyed willy

How the hell do lions sleep 18-20 hrs a day? They supposly have sex 50 times a day..... Then again maybe that's why they sleep that long... I think I want to be reincarnated as a lion.