A Day In The Life Of Bigfoot?

Guest Twilight Fan

Guest wild eyed willy

Continued

10:50am – 11:23am lay awake because kids and Momma are making noise. 11:24am Momma and Kids leave to forage for food. 11:25am get some sleep. 4:13pm wake up, yawn, stretch and scratch some inappropriate places. 4:20pm walk out of log shelter and stub toe on rock, ( same rock), let out stream of BF obscenities. 4:37pm wander into the wood to see a man about a horse. 4:46pm walk well past the bees nest before selecting a viable working environment. 5:01pm begin searching the woods for food. 6:18pm see deer, begin stealth approach. 6:18:21pm give up stealth approach and begin chasing deer which is already running away. 6:49pm give up chase, find a pine tree and eat the branches, throw trunk. 8:44pm go back to Pinky’s farm and grab goat. 8:50pm Get bit by goat, let out stream of BF obscenities. 8:54pm Bring ornery goat back and swap for turkey. 9:22pm Turkey escapes, grab Log and bang it against tree in an effort to hit the turkey. 9:28pm regain control of turkey’s neck, continue back to family group. 10:44pm stub two toes on rock in the dark, let out howl, perhaps some whoops and possibly stream of BF obscenities. 11:01pm arrive at camp with distraught turkey. 11:05pm listen to turkey let out stream of Turkey obscenities. 11:15pm share turkey with family. 12:18pm Push over pine tree just for kicks, let out whoop. 01:22am lay down for some sleep. 0149am let out stream of BF obscenities while talking in sleep.

Guest wild eyed willy

I just don't get it, do you all just not have a sense of humor???

Somebody please explain to me why when I post something the topic goes dead.

Is it me? Do I need better deoderant? Do I just pick topics that are destined to die?

Am I, dare I say it, A topic killer? Someone please enlighten me.

Edited by wild eyed willy

Guest Jodie

I just don't get it, do you all just not have a sense of humor???

Somebody please explain to me why when I post something the topic goes dead.

Is it me? Do I need better deoderant? Do I just pick topics that are destined to die?

Am I, dare I say it, A topic killer? Someone please enlighten me.

Ahhh WEW, it isn't you at all, it was funny. It's just been dead around here overall the last week or so.

Guest wild eyed willy

My old buddy Jodie, how ya been?

I'm in your state tonight, Near Charlston.. I'll be heading over to Myrtle beach tomorrow.

Guest Jodie

Yep it's me, and I'm doing just fine.

I was in Charleston last week. I remember you said y'all were moving my way. I hope you are enjoying this non-winter we are having down here.

You have fun at the beach!!! It's going to 80 + degrees tomorrow.

Guest MikeG

They don't. Lions, that is.

They certainly lie around for at least that long, but for much of the time they are awake. In Africa's heat it is all about conservation of energy. Sex is only half a dozen or so days per year, depending on the size of the pride......but is rather often on those days. They have to make sure!!

Mike

Guest victoriuh

I don't think thier poor hunters. I think thier eating habbits would be more like a bear (walking trash can).

I know I've been in the woods and haven't seen any game for days, which would force them to be more likeopportunists. I think to be that big or have the ability to get that big BF can't be fussy on what it puts into it's mouth. If BF gets a deer it's a great day to be a BF and if not, then it's eating skunk cabbage and worms and picking it's teeth with a black birch tooth pick. But like most wild animals they live and work for the next meal and are non stop about it.

LOL! This is probably very close to the truth. I assume they will eat fish and berries before worms and skunk cabbage though :)

Guest wild eyed willy

Has any group ever tried to evade detection while living off of the land for any period of time to see if we humans in a sizeable group could duplicate the ability of Squatchs.. I suspect not... There ability to live virtully undetected may not be such an imposible task.. Although I suspect the opposite.

So why are they so elusive, Perhaps it is not a coincidence and perhaps they as a species are not really lucky. What if there is some portion of their brains that developed, ( it might be something in our brain that is there but did not fully develope or perhaps we don't have at all). We have 5 sences, maybe they have a sence that we don't have. They may have some gene that has been long dormant in most creatures, but may be active in them. It may have come from the mamals that survived the extinction of the dinosaurs.

Perhaps it is some form of ESP, if so they may not need to think about how to elude us, they may just know there is some form of danger nearby without understanding why it is dangerous. so the daily life of a squatch may be just reacting to the stimulas of it's own sences, depending on what those signals are. Or they are twenty times smarter than we are, and super organized, they may be secretly building up there populations and planning total world domination and the extinction of the pinkys.

It is really hard to believe they are just incredably lucky or super smart given their circumstance.

Guest alford anthony

Just want to start off by saying good job wild eye willy! Also to what Bipedal Ape, Deer are very crafty elusive creatures. They have an exceptional sence of smell.Most people hunt them in tree stands if possiable.Also if BF smells as bad as people say then deer have the upper hand.I also think they have to spend most of their time finding food. Last time I checked,McDonalds doesnt take sticks and stones.Also other animals frolic and play with their own kind and sometimes with other animals.So messing with humans and peeping in windows and watching the tele prolly is their entertainment.( I BET THEY LOVE FINDING BIG FOOT)

• 7 months later...

Here's my random thoughts on a mother bf's day in the life. I am writing fiction, it's easier and more interesting than - eat sleep poop etc.

"Twilight falls and I wake up. The little one snuggled next to me stretches and begins to nurse. The three other bf's at my back also begin to stir. One is my sister and the other my juvenile son. The third is my sister's mate. The sounds of the deep forest intrude on our sleepy minds and my stomach rumbles with hunger. My mate, a huge male, knocks on a nearby tree to tell me that he hears us waking.

Getting up, we leave our snug little sheltered hollow, where we've bedded down on ferns. I can hear the deer further up the river valley, and know that there will be meat today. That is good.

The few people who showed up near the river, much further down, have left for the day. They won't be back. They don't like the dark. I however, can see everything in the darkening twilight just fine. Slinging my little one onto my back, we set off on the hunt.

We are training our juvenile son to herd and hunt the deer. It is a very protected place in which to do so. On one side is the river and the other is farms leading to the town that we avoid. They don't have very far to run, unless they want dogs and people to chase them, too. Luckily deer are relatively stupid and will forget the hunt rapidly, meaning they stay nearby even though we are slowly eating them all. We fan out and run them into a game trail. My sisters mate is at the chokehold point, and grabs one easily as they go by, snapping it's leg. That was a very easy hunt today - only took an hour to get it all set up. We feast.

And sit and groom one another in the dark. We reconnect and affirm our commitments to one another. The baby plays quietly and the juvy not so quietly, as he's found some nice rocks that he is trying to stack on top of one another. Luckily, there is no one to hear us and certainly no one bothers us.

Later in the night, we set out and go our separate ways a bit. One goes to fish, one to find small game. My mate, juvy and I and baby head into the cornfields for the last ears of corn. Half the field has been harvested already and the rains are coming. We browse and pick random ears from dozens of stalks, spreading out the harvest so it won't be too noticable. Next we will grab a few Halloween pumpkins and apples from a different farmer's field, if the dog is inside and not barking tonight. Ah, my sister's mate caught ten fish and brought them back to our nesting area. Whistling quietly, he calls us and we return to eat them all. Then, we wander again, browsing over a large 5-mile area all night.

When the roosters on the nearby farms start to crow in the blackness preceeding dawn, we begin our return to another bedding down area, sheltered behind a large rock formation. Our sentinel tonight is my sister's mate, and he will watch while we sleep. The noisy humans will be up and crawling around in the valley like ants, but we are far away and can see any that approach our hiding spot. We will be warned and have our escape routes well planned.

We will meet no other predators except the human tribes, and we avoid those clumsy, weak creatures because where one is... there are more... and they have hunters who kill. Sometimes, we watch them and show our juvie how they behave, so he can avoid them and learn their traits. Some, mothers with babies and children themselves, seem similar to us - they play and guide and eat together. But we always keep in mind that they grow up to be fearsome hunters and some are relatively good in the woods. Not many, but some, those who actually come out this far. We are watchful. We want nothing to do with them, but to raise our little ones and continue to live our lives here in the forest.