Infra Sound And Getting Zapped

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

Hey Everyone,

Okay lets talk about this phenomena, infra sound or getting zapped by a Sasquatch. I heard of this happening to some witnesses while others are not affected. Basically an affected person either passes out or they drop and feel very sick and weak.

Could it be just the different fear thresholds each of us have? The brain can only handle so much. Some are more accustomed to different types and levels of fear than others. So the body and mind shuts down or something to deal with it maybe?

Or is there a sound that the Sasquatch can emit that can make some of us sick or even pass out? I don't know much about it, hence the thread.

Anyways I would like to learn more about this effect and hear what others have to say. I wouldn't want this to happen to me while searching or tracking one. You never know I might end up in a cave with a new family that never baths or worse? :huh:

Edited by tracker

I got "pinged" or "zapped" or whatever the term is. Read about it here:

It left me with a infrasound hangover that peaked 2 days later and then subsided. I'm heading out to the woods for another fix!!!!!

Guest tracker

Hey john ,

Yea i read that, good report. You and oregonman both felt the effects. 2 out of 3 is pretty good shooting, maybe the barrier protected too risky?

How much worse was the peak?

Nothing else was seen, heard or smelled except for what too risky stated he saw that night during the entire trip?

I was wondering if someone has ever heard a wind-up or wind- down when this happens or read about it?

Make sure you guys take some back up, no solo rambo trips. It's not a petting zoo out there. dry.gif

Many seem to have decided that the root of the phenomenon is Infrasound when there is no evidence to back up that conclusion that I have heard of. Has anyone recorded any examples of Infrasound associated with a BF encounter? I believe I may have been a victim of the phenomenon and I have no idea of what the mechanism might have been.

Good question Indiefoot. Is it really infra sound? People theorize that is what happened to me, but I also smelled a really terrible odor which made me have dry heaves. Then I had the ear buzz, static electric shock feeling,internal organ trauma, pain, convulsions, and collapsed. Maybe that smell had something to do with it? Maybe none of that had anything to do with the sighting at all? I have no idea.

Guest walkabout

I have also heard about being zapped, some people get sick & woozy, others seem to become overridden with an uncontrollable fear.

This happened to my son who was 11 at the time and he was crying & balling uncontrollably to the point that he almost hyperventilated 'til I was finally able to calm him down about 25 minutes later.

Pretty scary stuff.

Whether it is infrasound or not, who knows?

I don't think any of us are qualified to say yes it is, or, no it isn't.

Edited by walkabout

I was pretty gosh darned proud of myself that I was able to will myself through the horrifying panic and pick up a camera.

I didn't get anything, obviously. But the fact that I made it from the hammock to the picnic table and actually pressed the shutter a few times was like a personal victory for me.

Guest tracker

This may be the old school in me showing through but i always accredited those reactions to fear and the terrible odour. Your body will do strange things when your mind lets go. But there it could be something to this infra sound theory. It's never happened to me so I wouldn't know the difference between the two reactions. I've been scared almost to the point of being frozen then your muscles start to jump or worse. It's a real internal battle to overcome it as likebluepez mentioned.

Edited by tracker

Guest Swedefoot

Is it not a possible reaction to what happens with your body after it prepares to eithe rrun like hell or fight until death?

The amount of adrenaline in that would gather in the body and the sharpness the brain suddenly needs to use?

I don't attribute the feeling to fear, more like a subconscious reaction to external stimulation. It was a VERY tangible sensation that made every single hair on me stand on end! It seemed to come in waves as the previous report mentions.

The "hangover" on the other hand wasn't a bad sensation at all. I felt energized and sharp, hyper would be a good term for it, but without jitters or any negative side effects. The "hangover peaked between 24-36 hours after the event.

For my thin & dusty dime this is like other allegations that monkees have superhuman powers that would stretch Stan Lee's imagination to the breaking point. I don't buy it for a second and would have to see it and experience several times over in person to believe it.

It doesn't make sense that the critter would bother with the various very great ape-like intimidation displays & behaviors if it could simply zap the primitive human mind (or that of a prey animal, come to think of it) into pudding at will. How would they generate this incredible power, and what would be the reason they had the need to evolve it? Simply doesn't hold water...

That's not to disparage the accounts of those who honestly experienced something, but I suspect it is based in very human reactions to a very unusual experience. Stress & the mind can do funny things, as most all know...

Edited by NDT

Guest TooRisky

For my thin & dusty dime this is like other allegations that monkees have superhuman powers that would stretch Stan Lee's imagination to the breaking point. I don't buy it for a second and would have to see it and experience several times over in person to believe it.

It doesn't make sense that the critter would bother with the various very great ape-like intimidation displays & behaviors if it could simply zap the primitive human mind (or that of a prey animal, come to think of it) into pudding at will. How would they generate this incredible power, and what would be the reason they had the need to evolve it? Simply doesn't hold water...

That's not to disparage the accounts of those who honestly experienced something, but I suspect it is based in very human reactions to a very unusual experience. Stress & the mind can do funny things, as most all know...

Super Human powers...??? Where did this come in.... As for making the infra-sound you need just have a deep resonating force like that of a deep chested species with vocal chords to make the sound and directed by the positioning of the mouth... The Military\Police have a weapon in use today that uses this very technique with the same results, so it is far from some Buck Rogers theory.

To experience it is... well to experience it and you have to be in the field active year round to put yourself in the position to have this happen to you... I have been researching since 1985, I have had plenty of head stretches and what I consider close calls to include observing close up what an "infra-sound" encounter was like. I also was a non believer in "infra-sound" till this encounter, but I now am fully in the believer camp and trying to understand all I can about this for it truly is a formidable "Tool" for the species.

There are a lot of things about this species that may seem to make them "Super Human", from strength to agility to stealth, all of which have been observed and documented. So maybe "Super Human" is what we are dealing with, after all it is only an human made arrogant term to mean better than the Human, which we all know is impossible... Right...!!!

Super Human powers...??? Where did this come in.... As for making the infra-sound you need just have a deep resonating force like that of a deep chested species with vocal chords to make the sound and directed by the positioning of the mouth... The Military\Police have a weapon in use today that uses this very technique with the same results, so it is far from some Buck Rogers theory.

To experience it is... well to experience it and you have to be in the field active year round to put yourself in the position to have this happen to you... I have been researching since 1985, I have had plenty of head stretches and what I consider close calls to include observing close up what an "infra-sound" encounter was like. I also was a non believer in "infra-sound" till this encounter, but I now am fully in the believer camp and trying to understand all I can about this for it truly is a formidable "Tool" for the species.

There are a lot of things about this species that may seem to make them "Super Human", from strength to agility to stealth, all of which have been observed and documented. So maybe "Super Human" is what we are dealing with, after all it is only an human made arrogant term to mean better than the Human, which we all know is impossible... Right...!!!

As a Deputy Chief with 30 years so far in my LE career, you must know more about my profession than I'm privy to. There is no such viable weapon system available to LE, nor is it on the horizon. Too bad, would have saved me a few stitches when I was still working the street.

Nice try, though...

The rest isn't worth the bandwidth to debate. You buy it, folks like me don't....