Infra Sound And Getting Zapped

Guest tracker

What I don't understand is why you don't hear the same reports of intense fear from the natives in Africa who are near elephant herds that use infrasound, or people living near alligators that also use it? What is the difference? At what range does infrasound have to be to cause these affects?

I would think that a fear response is a natural thing to happen when near a heard of Elephants. Where is the study that says that the fear you are talking about is generated by the deep sounds that they make when communicating?

Guest tracker

Hey speaking of police, I just spoke with a couple of my OPP contacts(state police)10 minutes ago about what one constable refered to as "the bearman reports, some halfbreed creature or other? bothering issolated property owners" no one was laughing. Anyways i get a few leads from their witnesses/victims. there real enough. Not sure about them being able to emit a disabling sound? I guess it's like everything else, until it happens to you people don't believe.

I would think that a fear response is a natural thing to happen when near a heard of Elephants. Where is the study that says that the fear you are talking about is generated by the deep sounds that they make when communicating?

I was asking because if this is the cause for the sudden "fear for no reason" when out in the woods that is attributed to bigfoot then it should happen around any animal or animal herd that uses infrasound to communicate. Elephant's infrasound communication travels a good ways, a village would not have to be that close to feel the effects of infrasound used by a herd of elephants passing by. There are studies that associate infrasound with an anxiety/fear response when sound drops between 16-18Hz, hallucinations can happen at 18Hz because your eyeball resonates at that frequency. You can google these studies easily enough. Elephant's infrasound will range between 5-30HZ, so why haven't we had reports of the fear response from some people as the herd travels through the savannah past where people live? There maybe reports that I haven't run across.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Jodie that's a good post. I wonder why aren't humans having a fear response from elephants producing infrasound? Could it have something to do with the elephants using infrasound for communication rather than developing it for use against prey when hunting? Seems like if old Hairy was gonna use it for such diabolical purposes, he'd need to perfect its use and determine what frequency has the most affect on wild game as well as us unsuspecting trespassers. Chris B.

Guest rockinkt

Local RCMP have these, so I am surprised other LEO's are not aware of them.

For the record I don't believe in sasquatches. http://en.wikipedia....Acoustic_Device

my bolding

RCMP policy is to use LRADs only for marine operations (which is what they were developed for originally) - not urban crowd control.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/g8-g20/news/mounties-shun-sound-cannons-in-urban-settings-ahead-of-g20/article1590210/

If your "local RCMP" do not have a Marine Division and claiming to have a LRAD - somebody is going to be doing the "spur-less boogie". :lol:

Fear for no reason? I had a huge, smelly, reason standing in front of me. I never experienced fear for no reason.

I'm not referring to you specifically, I am talking about those reports where there is no sighting but someone gets zapped. If I remember correctly, you got zapped before you saw your creature.

In response to Chris, it must be, as you say, in how it is projected. Elephant's, hippo's, giraffes all use different anatomical/physical mechanisms to do long distance communication. The only mammal that uses targeted infrasound are whales against giant squid, and that is theoretical. They have found the corpses of squid with internal damage but haven't witnessed a whale attacking a squid.

Edited by Jodie

Guest rockinkt

So, if someone has a panic attack (http://en.wikipedia....ki/Panic_attack), we are now attributing it to squatch?

Fear is fear and JohnCartright and I have discussed his encounter and he knows that I consider his fear to be real and justified given the context.

However, symptoms consistent with being "spooked" by sounds, fear of the unknown, and panic attack, should not be attributed to "infra-sound" unless there is some compelling reason to do so.

So far nobody has offered any valid evidence - much less compelling - that "infra-sound" is generated by squatches. This just seems to be one of those "flavors of the day" we have come to see to either "validate" or spice up a sighting report.(ETA: IMHO)

Edited by rockinkt

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

I'm a firm believer in infrasound but if Bigfoot can liquify my internal organs, I'm getting a new hobby to replace my field outings, maybe stamp collecting. :lol: Great topic! Thanks. Chris B.

So, if someone has a panic attack (http://en.wikipedia....ki/Panic_attack), we are now attributing it to squatch?

Fear is fear and JohnCartright and I have discussed his encounter and he knows that I consider his fear to be real and justified given the context.

However, symptoms consistent with being "spooked" by sounds, fear of the unknown, and panic attack, should not be attributed to "infra-sound" unless there is some compelling reason to do so.

So far nobody has offered any valid evidence - much less compelling - that "infra-sound" is generated by squatches. This just seems to be one of those "flavors of the day" we have come to see to either "validate" or spice up a sighting report.(ETA: IMHO)

I don't think we have any valid, much less compelling evidence, that sasquatch even exists, for that matter. However, I'm in the "know" they exist group. It doesn't bother me to speculate about a sasquatch's characteristics. I think we are here just trying to figure out how it could be done by comparing what we do know about other mammals that use infrasound. There is so much variety in how different species actually produce infrasound, it's hard to guess. Why would we need to offer evidence for this anyway? I don't think that is what the discussion is about unless I missed something, and I often do just skimming posts. If it isn't infrasound then I would guess it's some kind chemical agent related to that horrific smell that causes the reactions in some people. Nerve agents can cause some of the same symptoms as John and others have reported.

my bolding

RCMP policy is to use LRADs only for marine operations (which is what they were developed for originally) - not urban crowd control.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/g8-g20/news/mounties-shun-sound-cannons-in-urban-settings-ahead-of-g20/article1590210/

If your "local RCMP" do not have a Marine Division and claiming to have a LRAD - somebody is going to be doing the "spur-less boogie". :lol:

Did I say they used them for crowd control?

No I did not, I said they had them.

My experience didn't involve smell. Oregonman described hearing a low sound similar to boulders rolling on bedrock in the river!

I watched a TV show on whales and saw an orca stun/kill a salmon with sound and saw a diver describe how a captive sperm whale made a sound while the diver's hand was on the whales forehead area and it slammed his arm straight out and hurt his shoulder...........hmmmm.

Tigers are said to generate infrasound when roaring to disorient and stun prey while pouncing. Read about infrasound weapons on the web. Lots of information is out there, after all we are researchers!

Guest rockinkt

Did I say they used them for crowd control?

No I did not, I said they had them.

The gist of the conversation was that police use them for crowd control. I was just pointing out that the RCMP does not use them for such. Did not mean to imply you thought otherwise - sorry.

The last part was a bit of a joke - notice the smiley? (The "spur-less boogie" was a phrase referring to an internal discipline board where the member was obliged to appear in a stripped down uniform which meant lanyard, sidearm, spurs, etc, were not to be worn. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Serge )

Infrasound produced by animals is real and known. Do BF use this energy? Not known.

But measuring and recording infrasound is not difficult. However, there are many natural sources of infrasound not associated with animals. Waterfalls, magma movement, strong winds and tornadoes, etc. can all produce infrasound.

To prove it as it relates to BF, one would have to have the proper equipment and record it during an encounter, preferably with multiple witnesses and even better, some video.

Microphones that can record it are expensive (easily in the thousands). Surplus geophones can be modified to work, and some can be found for less than a good mic. But the extra gear and recording setup will still be expensive.

Infrasound in the 18-19hz range can cause pain and incapacitation, and even injury with enough energy. It's a plausible theory, although no definitive evidence exists yet regarding a BF connection. But that doesn't mean it's not worth discussing; quite the contrary. If many reports of infrasound are compared and match, and they also match the hard data on infrasound that we do know about, then there is a more compelling case for investigating it as it applies to BF.

I'm not referring to you specifically, I am talking about those reports where there is no sighting but someone gets zapped. If I remember correctly, you got zapped before you saw your creature.

Correct, I got "zapped"(if that is what it was) before I had the visual. I am not even sure how long I laid there. The fear did not hit me until I figured out what I was looking at. I was a 17 year old boy. I prayed for my father to come and "rescue" me. I thought I would never see my mom again. It was primal fear. I was thinking I was going to die and all the "Bigfoot" did was eat and walk away. I acted like a wuss.