Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Tex did you get any pictures of the 'human' prints?

And you may be right about the alligator. But depending on when the prints were made, it's possible that they expanded after the fact while they dried, giving the impression that the animal is larger than it really is. But then again if it's a gator all by his self with plenty to eat... who knows?

Hi there Bigtex. I sure have enjoyed reading your posts. I live pretty near you- out around Dripping.

Pretty new to this. Husband, and 2 teenage boys are only along because of my interest. I am feeling a little frustrated because I can't think how to begin. I have no access to private woods. Will the parks people get on us if we go off trail say in a hiking area? Or at night?

We are city slickers that probably would'nt recognize the signs if we were in a good area. Probably a tracking class a good idea. I realize that most times out researchers won't find anything. But i don't want to be in an area that we will no way, no how, ever see or hear anything. Any advice on how to begin would be appreciated.

Thanks so much for posting all of your neat stuff for us to enjoy! It is easy to see you are having a great time.

Oh yeah, the alligator print....kinda disturbing! Maybe little Jimmys pet gator got too big for his tank and needed to be relocated????

Edited by shuseby

Hey Gail, don't worry about the post......I've heard some of the same weirdo things you mentioned before. No sign of fire or anything like that. The Alter appears to have been there a long time, and the fact that I have hiked very near it for over 10 years means it's well hidden. It is probably an old Indian site, and any human signs are long gone. I do find sign of an ancient people in this area, and their stone tools are not Indian......in fact, the oldest human remains in the US are only a few miles from this area......do a search on 'Leanderthal Woman', very interesting, and the remains dated 14,000BC, or so.

Shuseby, you should come hiking with me sometime, and bring your sons......anybody on this Forum is always welcome to come 'hang in the woods' with Bigtex!

Hey Shado, yup, took some good pics of the human type prints, can also be seen above in the Gator trackway photo, and is the smaller trackway.

Need to finish getting them in the right place in my computer so I can post them.

Back to the Gator......there are some hidden stretchs of creek with some good water, mud, and sourrounded by Catails, and other high aquadic brush. He could be laid-up in one of these small swamps, and very dangerous.

OK.....here are the human type barefoot prints, two sizes, and one belonging to Littlefoot, as I have been calling him. I can't imagine a person doing this, and the tracks are in a pattern that would suggest someone getting the last few fish out of the lake.

post-193-036717400 1321371222_thumb.jpg

post-193-029665400 1321371246_thumb.jpg

post-193-067895200 1321371261_thumb.jpg

post-193-032996600 1321371282_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigtex

You have a lot of activity around your area. Are you getting an investigator to come out and cast the prints?

I don't know about the weird prints but my best guess would be maybe from a large web footed crane. You're not supposed to have gators in your part of TX correct?

Hey biggie....the tracks are not a crane, they are huge, and we have plenty of gators in Texas. I probably won't cast the tracks......never do, plus we had a good rain today. I have seen one of these Bigfoot creatures before, so I'm not really trying to convince anyone else either way, get famous, or rich. I'm just out there having fun, always on the move, don't wanna get bogged down with extra gear, and the time needed to do these things. I take pictures if it looks interesting, but am careful which ones make the cut.

The prints in the dry lake bed are pretty impressive though, fairly fresh, and lots of them.

Edited by Bigtex

I know we have gators in TX but I didn't think you had them in your part of it. I mentioned cranes since some of them are huge but if you have gators in your area then I'd suspect that first.

Here's a very old house near me on Lake Travis.....aka Colorado River. Old construction methods, but has held up pretty well being under water since 1946 or so.

post-193-028649900 1321896205_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's been raining, which is certainly welcome, but has made me lazy.......clearing up, now it's getting cold, first freeze tonight.

However, it's migration season, so I better get busy, and lots to see I'm sure. Had a quickie hike today, and found this nice (older, probably last year) twisted Cedar dwelling. Wind or weather just can't twist & weave branches like this.

It's been raining, which is certainly welcome, but has made me lazy.......clearing up, now it's getting cold, first freeze tonight.

However, it's migration season, so I better get busy, and lots to see I'm sure. Had a quickie hike today, and found this nice (older, probably last year) twisted Cedar dwelling. Wind or weather just can't twist & weave branches like this.

post-193-067978600 1323196572_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy ALL, and hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

Been AWOL in the woods lately, blame it on the holidays, cold rainy weather, and a bit of a sinus cold.

I have been anxious to get out there though, and yesterday was the first sunny day in a while. Lotta rain, water back in the creeks and pools, and a lot of hiking to do pretty quick to check for tracks. With it being dry for so long, the mud is a welcome relief.

I figured a good place to start would be the Funnel, pictured below, and discussed before. This is the only bridge near our town, and the only way to get in without having to cross the road. Many animals travel in and out of town this way.

Amazing trackway found, and I'm guessing they were made just hours before I found them. Not all that big, but heavy.....several prints shown; in mud, in water, wet footprint on dry rock, and on the bank of the creek. These were found in the narrow creek area just under the bridge. The stride was crazy long, with the last print of the trackway the one in mud. It would have been obvious for the next step after the mud print, and would have made a track given the material in all directions, but the trackway disappeared after the mud print. It must have jumped/leaped from the last mud print, hence the depth, but we are talking 15+ feet in to the brush, which is the only area it could have gone without leaving addition sign.

Also, and is an ongoing problem.....both dogs stepped in the mud print before I got pictures; one in the print, and the other on the edge.

post-193-076641200 1325011839_thumb.jpg

post-193-038809400 1325011868_thumb.jpg

post-193-046436100 1325011892_thumb.jpg

post-193-067765600 1325011934_thumb.jpg

post-193-005881100 1325011972_thumb.jpg

That last print looks like a really good one. Have you located an investigator who will come out and cast the good prints you have found around there yet?

Hey Biggie......thanks, but don't need an investigator, and can do casts myself if needed. However, I don't usually do casts, time consuming, and don't like lugging the supplies. Plus....there are enough casts out there to fill the need, and at best are considered inconclusive.

Also.....I have seen one of these creatures, so no need convincing myself, and not really looking to convince anyone else either. Just out there to move quickly, quietly, take pictures, and cover as much ground as possible, without spending too much time at any location. Yesterday I was trying to track the creature(s) from the bridge up into the hills, but to no avail.

Guest Thepattywagon

"thanks, but don't need an investigator, and can do casts myself if needed."

Maybe you should change the name of your thread, Bigtex. ;)

Just kidding. Congrats on finding those tracks and hope you get a glimpse of the one who left them!

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic