Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Hey Pattywag.....good point, and does seem counter to the title....lol. I started the thread a few years back at the old Forum, and in the beginning, was looking for....'like minded individuals' to come join the fun. I have met many new friends and hiking buddies. I just don't need the official or bf professional types, or at least check those titles at the door. My agenda is a bit different, and is more educational and fun for me & others.

• 3 weeks later...

d

Here's a picture of a print previously posted, and one of the better ones I have ever found. Went over there again yesterday, and it was still on good shape, even though some of the edge detail was lost.

Took a shoty video of it, and pusted on YouTube;

post-193-008115200 1326754218_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigtex

I saw a huge black Bigfoot while driving through the Davy Crockett National Forest on a dirt road no less.

It was just standing on the side of a road waiting for us to pass by I guess. When I saw it the creature ducked down and hid behind a big tree.

We did not know that we were in a national forest, but the BF was there so I'm glad the GPS messed up.

I had a very clear sighting.

Good luck guys, and good BF hunting results!

Edited by SweetSusiq

I enjoyed the vid tex. I also enjoyed the vid you originally listed with Dunky pestering the herring. Hopefully the herring healed up. Typical bad doggie wanting to play. All that yelling at him doesn't stop him one bit. hehe

Thanks Biggie......I cut the video about the Herring a bit short. My Ridgeback is pretty well trained, spent a lotta time & money on obedience school for that pup, but you are right, no amount of yelling will stop them in the heat of battle. The thing that did make him stop was noticed after filming. If you look at the video, that last peck, aimed at the eye, hit just above, and it bleed like hell. Until I got it washed out, thought his eye was hit...scary.

Moral to the story.....the Herring will go for the eyes of its attacker.

Also, the Herring seemed to know I was protecting him, tied the pups off a ways away, and spent some time with him.......we were chillin'!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an interesting structure, and typical of what I often find......the dogs were certainly interested in the way it smelled too.

post-193-022365400 1327599469_thumb.jpg

post-193-068190000 1327599480_thumb.jpg

Very nicely done Big Tex. Earlier on you mentioned black jaguar. Is there quite a bit of talk about them locally? I know that is not something you likely want to confront one on one. I know that typically they do not attack.. but the potential

is rather a bit too exciting. Also have wolves come on the scene recently? I double checked and noted you saw the black jag.. wow! Thanks for comments, I really enjoy your work on this thread. Interesting notes you are making as well on the predation and the questions about the veg.

Where in Texas is the black Jaguar being reported? Are they near the coast, inland, where are they being seen?

Thanks..

West of Austin in the hills near Lago Vista. It was a black phase Jaguar, and probably not an escaped exotic, due to his wild mannerisms. I reported to the game warden, but he wasn't surprised, said they are coming back.

West of Austin in the hills near Lago Vista. It was a black phase Jaguar, and probably not an escaped exotic, due to his wild mannerisms. I reported to the game warden, but he wasn't surprised, said they are coming back.

I just hate reading about upsurges in dangerous animals in areas where hikers could become one of these animal's lunch and dinner. :(

Edited by SweetSusiq

Glad to see you back out in the field Big Tex. This is the 1st post I always check on the forum to see if there is any new information! The "black jaguar" would most likely be a JAGUARUNDI! Which did inhabit Texas at one time, but for many years were found mostly in Mexico. They are rumored to be making a comeback in South Texas, and I could see one possibly inhabiting the Hill Country, as that terrain is definetly conducive to them!

SweeSusiq.........let the wild things be wild in my opinion! WE have to remember that WE are entering their habitat when hiking, etc....and WE are the intruders! I'm all for more "wild animals" making a comeback across the USA!!

Bigtex..........get back out there!! Recent rains may yield something!

BFF Patron

Better wear that cat eye mask backwards on the head if you are out late or very early Tex......

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic