Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Guest thermalman

Bigtex: "Can you guys think of an animal that would not only be able to carry the nest pieces a distance, but also pick the grubs from the nest without damaging it?"

Yes. Humans can do that. The grubs, larvae, or wasp maggots are used for fishing bait.

Howdy.......been getting some grief from some good friends I've met through this forum, and have decided to stay with you:)

I won't be giving any specific locations anymore though, as some folks have been bird-dogging my areas recently......my fault, as I try hard not to be secretive, as that creates doubt, but will have to now.

The main issue was a local newspaper wrote an article about me, my BF quest, gave the forum web site and my name 'Bigtex', none of which I wanted, but they did it anyway.

And to you local folks out there hiking in my areas now.....have fun & good luck, but you won't see me anymore, I've got new areas:) 

What in the world? Did they interview you, or was it just some snoopy reporter that came across this place?

Thank you for highlighting the need for discretion, anything is possible in these networked times. Frankly, I've often worried about people whose reports include personal information. Glad you're not going away, regardless.

Thanks JKH......a good friend told his editor friend about 'Bigtex' and the BFForums, and they went from there. I called to tell them to restrict some of the content, but was too late.

Other than a close select few, nobody knew about me or what I was doing while hiking out here......now the whole town knows, and many know it's me:(

I am a fairly private person, and particularly about Bigfoot, so the attention, and folks hiking around out there in my areas was a very unwelcome surprise.

In 12 years hiking around out here, I've never seen anyone, this past Sunday, my Ridgeback & Wolf flushed out two different groups........if folks are anywhere around, the doggies will find 'em.

I have always been a 'Closet-footer' for the most part, and like being anonymous Bigtex:)

Good to know you are OK. Sorry to hear you are bruised in spirit though. That newspaper should have had the courtesy to allow you to edit out significant details. I hope you singed the reporter's and the editor's ears!

Did I understand correctly that you really retiring and relocating to WA in the immediate future? If so, you and the doggies will enjoy big footing in the PNW!

Send me a pm if you do. I am not in the field anymore but I can cook up a storm and would be delighted to welcome you and your family with a good meal!

BFF Patron

Sorry to hear that. Everytime I read a newspaper article about something I know about, I see how they get most things wrong. Certainly newspapers do not care about what issues publicity from their articles cause anyone. Good thing you have other places to go but probably they are further away. Do you think that your camera thing was probably other researchers messing with you? It would seem likely given what has happened recently. People tell me that eventually someone will claim pictures I took as their own. Has not happened yet, but I don't doubt that it will happen.

Sorry about the intrusion into your privacy, Bigtex. I've enjoyed your posts and hope you continue to share your field research wherever it takes you. My guess is that you could go back to your regular spots in just a few weeks after the lookie-lous have gotten bored after not finding anything more than cow pies. Still, that reported should be flogged.

Bigtex,

I hate to hear this and that is why no one but my hubby and I know where we go............ 

A halfway intelligent person can figure these things out and make your life miserable, which I hope does NOT happen.  Maybe you should call the newspaper and tell them to retract? Get a lawyer???

:girlsad:

BFF Patron

Bigtex, there is one factor in play with respect to your former research area that has been compromised. The BF there probably knew you and your dogs. Gottaknow may be right in that after a while you might be able to go back. If your dogs and the local BF have interacted without problems, that certainly is a positive for you. It might not be the same in a new area unless it is the same BF tribe. I read a report recently where a person's dogs and the local BF seemed to be buddies. The dogs would peer into the woods, wag their tails, and run into the woods to apparently get petted or fed a treat.

Thanks guys.......I will go back to my areas for sure, but will wait a while, probably after hunting season. Will get geared up for the new areas here very soon, and see what's out there:)

That is a shame Tex. I would offer some optimism though. H.Sapiens Bubbus has a dang short memory, and little gumption. Give it a couple of seasons and I'll bet you'll have the place to yourself again.

I hear ya WSA.....but a couple of weeks should do, plus no one goes on my trails, only seen human activity on the main existing ones.......mine make me bleed every time, most folks don't like those kind of trails:)

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic