Saving Bigfoot

I've been hearing this rational used on other threads as a reason for researchers to relinquish evidence in order to prove their claims. Is this emotional manipulation for selfish curiosity or is this genuine concern for the plight of an animal/huminoid?? that most of us aren't certain exists? As of 2005 over 100 million people world wide are homeless for various reasons. That rate may have increased due to changing political situations and the world economic crisis. That means that 1/4 of the world's human population is living like Bigfoot. I view the issue from this perspective. I just really don't care about proving Bigfoot exists although I'm interested in the subject. It's the holiday season and time to be thankful for what we have,that includes the luxury of worrying about Bigfoot. Maybe I missed something more subtle about the issue,assuming the big guy exists, why is preserving Bigfoot important to you?

I think we presume a lot to think they need our help. The less we try to do for them, the better off they are. If they allowed us to "help" them, the first thing you know, we'd try to have them corralled into reservations somewhere, feeding them GM soy, & rotted road kill.

All this self righteous desire to "save Bigfoot" is just a desire to control something that we will never be able to. Humans are obsessed with control, & BF continues to thwart all our efforts to even prove they exist, never mind control them.

They are doing just fine without our "help" & I hope we never get the chance to give it to them.

I feel no need to "save" Bigfoot. They seem to be fine on their own. It is just an attempt at emotional manipulation used by "habituators" when you ask them to reveal their proof. A clear red herring for distraction. In order for a species to be "protected", it must first be proven to exist.

Since generally everybody thinks "habituators" are lying, anyway, why are you so obsessed with getting your hands on their so called proof?

Edited by Sasfooty

I didn't intend for this to be a battle of wills, I don't think there are any wrong answers here. To me,I already know they exist so I'm not overly concerned with proving it. Like both of you, I don't think they need our help at all. I see the "Save Bigfoot" on both sides of the argument, from those that have contact and those that want to know it's real. I guess the better question is will it make any difference to humanity if we find that this species existed, but died out, before we prove it existed? I think I'm having trouble understanding why proving and preserving the species will make any difference to us one way or the other since we have so little supposed interaction with it anyway. I certainly don't think it is impacting our existence on the planet at this point.I'm not sure that we are having any kind of impact on it's existence. Maybe I'm the selfish one here for not considering this a priority when I see greater needs among my own kind. I don't think anything will be taken away from my humanity regardless of what bigfoot turns out to be once he is proven to exist. If it is a matter of survival of the fittest, I'm rooting for human kind if it ever gets down to a competition between the two. In the mean time, I think bigfoot is better left to his own devices. I just wonder if I am in the minority for feeling this way.

Guest tracker

We can't even protect ourselves from the dangers of our society. Once we prove they exist we endanger them at the same time. Leave them be, enjoy the moment if you see one. Don't kill the mystique by putting one in a zoo or under a microscope. Must we annal probe everything in our thirst for knowledge? Proving they exist is not for their benefit, its for ours.

Jodie,

That comment from John didn't sound like he was actually agreeing that he he feels no need to save them. It was more like a sarcastic slap at "habituators" who either have no proof or don't wish to show it.

More of the "entitlement" whining.

Edited by Sasfooty

I am not saying anyone is lying, because I ask if there is evidence. I always warn people if you do not want to answer questions do not come to the BFF with your stories. People tell me I am crazy or lying about my encounter all the time. Yeah it hurts, but there's no crying in Bigfootry. Especially for people who cross that line and go fully public with encounters. Have you ever had a article written about you saying you are a fat, cry baby who was gang raped by 5 Bigfoot? I have.

When it gets to me (and it does) I have friends I can share my feelings with. This is my real name. My encounter happened to me. I held it to myself for 25 years, but I will do that no longer. Believe it or don't. I don't give a rat's @#$. I will still continue my personal search for the proof needed to verify my claims. I will not whine about it when people ask me for the proof I do not have. I will apologize and tell them I am working to get it for them.

If your belief is enough for you. Great I am happy for you. Forgive me for wanting and needing more. If you are asking if I am jaded, hell yes.

Sorry Incorrigible1, I was asked and I answered.

I've been hearing this rational used on other threads as a reason for researchers to relinquish evidence in order to prove their claims. Is this emotional manipulation for selfish curiosity or is this genuine concern for the plight of an animal/huminoid??

For my part, it's a genuine concern for a species that must be very rare.

As of 2005 over 100 million people world wide are homeless for various reasons. That rate may have increased due to changing political situations and the world economic crisis. That means that 1/4 of the world's human population is living like Bigfoot.

You wonder if people are emotionally manipulating the prove/don't prove debate, then launch on an emotional comparison of bigfoots with homeless humans? What do homeless people have to do with sasquatchery? If 1/4 of humanity lived like bigfeet, we wouldn't even know that 1/4 of humanity existed.

I view the issue from this perspective. I just really don't care about proving Bigfoot exists although I'm interested in the subject. It's the holiday season and time to be thankful for what we have,that includes the luxury of worrying about Bigfoot. Maybe I missed something more subtle about the issue,assuming the big guy exists, why is preserving Bigfoot important to you?

1) Because they may be going extinct, and if there is concern for snail darters, there should be concern for a potential hominid.

2) Because the appropriate agencies are not showing one iota of interest in this phenomenon

Guest tracker

Good words John, do it for yourself,

Hey I don't share even share my experiences or evidence John. I'll talk about them in general or help others deal with theirs. It's not a petting zoo out there, or in the forums. Be carefull people, pm a member if you need to talk about something before going public.

That's my general opinion on this subject, "they don't need us we need them"

Well Hunster, I agree with you on the waste of money being spent on the snail darter issue, and what ever woodpecker that hasn't been seen in 50 years. I admit I am selfish in a further post so just lump me in with the rest of them :) However,why do you value Bigfoot over the snail darter or woodpeckers? What makes him more important to you?

BFF Patron

I think what is important is knowing the natural history, biology and nutritional requirements of Sasquatch prior to deciding how they are endangered. I think preservation of watersheds and fresh water is one of the primary needs of the United States and planet. Thus, as certain shellfish, snails and fish are 'canarires in the coal mine" in this regard (indicator species) I can't agree with Huntster in principle. Overdevelopment and hard surfacing Earth's surface may have more impact on such creatures than the actual loss of woodland habitat per se in my mind. Ergo.....save watersheds......save Sasquatch habitat and Sasquatch. That concept should give us more time to figure out what Sasquatch are and the reasons they should be saved.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest Lesmore

If BF does indeed exist then I think it would be important to help it survive.

If it is some type of primate, living in North America....then for the diversity that it adds to North America. I do believe in the importance of conserving flora and fauna.

However I'm not an extreme environmentalist, as I believe as part of evolution...species.... wax and wane...naturally in this world.

The key word in my statement is...'naturally'...when the natural process is interfered with ...than I have issues.

Edited by Lesmore

Have you ever had a article written about you saying you are a fat, cry baby who was gang raped by 5 Bigfoot? I have.

No, I haven't, although mine hasn't been all honey & roses, either. These beings aren't all benign & harmless. Did you say that it happened, or were they lying about what you said?

My encounter happened to me. I held it to myself for 25 years, but I will do that no longer. Believe it or don't. I don't give a rat's @#$.

Yeah. That's how I feel, too. No amount of laughing, contempt, or ridicule can change anything that happened. Sometimes you can only keep so much to yourself, in spite of the fact that it irritates people so much to hear about it.

If your belief is enough for you. Great I am happy for you. Forgive me for wanting and needing more. If you are asking if I am jaded, hell yes.

My small amount of knowledge (not belief, is yours only belief?)isn't anywhere near enough for me. I will never know enough, but there are different kinds of knowledge, & different ways of finding it. I'm not looking for the "proof" that everybody demands, & when I get what I'm looking for, I won't be able to share it.

I understand why you are jaded, because I am too.

Guest Lesmore

I didn't intend for this to be a battle of wills, I don't think there are any wrong answers here. To me,I already know they exist so I'm not overly concerned with proving it. Like both of you, I don't think they need our help at all. I see the "Save Bigfoot" on both sides of the argument, from those that have contact and those that want to know it's real. I guess the better question is will it make any difference to humanity if we find that this species existed, but died out, before we prove it existed? I think I'm having trouble understanding why proving and preserving the species will make any difference to us one way or the other since we have so little supposed interaction with it anyway. I certainly don't think it is impacting our existence on the planet at this point.

I agree. Whether BF exists or doesn't...it matters little in the grand scheme of things...doesn't it.

If BF does exist and it can be determined that this is the case...there will be little impact on humankind. At best, BF whether it is exists, or is a myth...will be nothing more for the great majority, than what it is now.... a passing novelty....no more...no less.

I'm not sure that we are having any kind of impact on it's existence. Maybe I'm the selfish one here for not considering this a priority when I see greater needs among my own kind. I don't think anything will be taken away from my humanity regardless of what bigfoot turns out to be once he is proven to exist. If it is a matter of survival of the fittest, I'm rooting for human kind if it ever gets down to a competition between the two. In the mean time, I think bigfoot is better left to his own devices. I just wonder if I am in the minority for feeling this way.

In the end I think that most of us want our species (humans) to survive. It's the # 1 priority in our DNA, has been forever. Above all we want to survive to pass our DNA down through the generations.

I think BF and other animals are better left to their own devices. As mentioned before in biology...flora and fauna..... wax and wane through their existence.

And..... as long as we, the dominant species on this earth, are not artificially interfering and/or curtailing other species survival...for example....building a dam on the one river they need to use to survive, etc.....then let the Universe unfold as it should....and BTW... :) will.

Edited by Lesmore

• masterbarber locked this topic