Saving Bigfoot

I live in the province of Manitoba, where a sizable chunk of the world's Polar bears call home, particularly around the Hudson's Bay area in Northern Mb. Churchill, Mb. a town on the Bay is renowned for the number of Polar Bears that live in and around that region.

I have found over that past number of years that some environmental groups say that Polar Bear numbers up in Northern Mb. are rapidly declining. Representatives of environmental groups come up to Northern Mb. every so often.

However I've also read that many Inuit, the native people of the North, indicate that Polar Bear numbers seem to be doing ok or increasing in Northern Mb.

So who to believe...environmentalist groups based out of cities in North America and Europe...or Inuit hunters who have lived since time immemorial in Northern Canada, alongside Polar bears ?

I think the Inuit have a better handle on the situation. :)

It is well established that polar bear populations have risen dramatically since the 1970's. The environmental industry is playing politics again.

Now about Sasquatch in Manitoba. Well there have been a number of sighting reports of BF here over the years.

The most fascinating story was about the hunter who apparently shot a Sasquatch (killed him) when he was Moose hunting...sometime in the early '40's. Can't recall much more than that, but I'm sure the details are out there.

For your review.................

Sorry, for what ever reason it duplicated your post in quote, but placed my reply smack in the middle of your quote. DOH! for some reason. rrrr computers. My response was that if the polar bears were as elusive as the sasses, maybe the programs in place would be much different. (They do kind of live in more open areas) for the most part.-Knuck

You partly hit on the reality: Polar bears don't thrive in thick, montane rainforests. They're white, and they live in a treeless land (works good in the winter, but not so much in summer). They're also bears, which aren't known to be as shy and reclusive as great apes.

And, I'll submit, there are many fewer than 25,000 sasquatches..........

Guest Lesmore

It is well established that polar bear populations have risen dramatically since the 1970's. The environmental industry is playing politics again.

My opinion also.

For your review.................

Thank you for providing the written story. Yes , this is the incident that I was referring to. I think it's one of the most detailed reports that I've seen. IMO, it has a convincing air about it.

Wonder what other members on this forum think about this report ?

Huntster, I would be interested in your opinion.

Edited by Lesmore

Thank you for providing the written story. Yes , this is the incident that I was referring to. I think it's one of the most detailed reports that I've seen. IMO, it has a convincing air about it.

Huntster, I would be interested in your opinion.

I find no reason to discount it, and a few reasons to consider it convincing.

For one, I'm not really surprised to think that somebody would simply walk away from such a kill. The "murder" thing is a very real possibility, and even more so today than 70 years ago.

Jodie

I am glad that you brought this topic up because i do have something to say and sure alot of you do not need to read what i say and may even think that i am full of sh#t but i do not care .This is important to me and ro these creatures,These creatures that iknow exist do not want to be found but want to be left alone.Would it be common knowledge that if these creatures really wanted to be found that we would have had one in the lab by now?No these creatures want to be left alone.They do not want to be probed ,disected like a lab rat because if you knew them you would know that they feel just like us.They have a emotions like us and taking one of them is like taking a family member like one of ours.They feel that and will defend that just like we will defend our own.This whole thing is wrong and will always be wrong.I believe that they should just be left alone to live the way they have been living (undisturbed).

I am not saying anyone is lying, because I ask if there is evidence. I always warn people if you do not want to answer questions do not come to the BFF with your stories. People tell me I am crazy or lying about my encounter all the time. Yeah it hurts, but there's no crying in Bigfootry. Especially for people who cross that line and go fully public with encounters. Have you ever had a article written about you saying you are a fat, cry baby who was gang raped by 5 Bigfoot? I have.

When it gets to me (and it does) I have friends I can share my feelings with. This is my real name. My encounter happened to me. I held it to myself for 25 years, but I will do that no longer. Believe it or don't. I don't give a rat's @#$. I will still continue my personal search for the proof needed to verify my claims. I will not whine about it when people ask me for the proof I do not have. I will apologize and tell them I am working to get it for them.

If your belief is enough for you. Great I am happy for you. Forgive me for wanting and needing more. If you are asking if I am jaded, hell yes.

JC

This fine and that ,that you are trying to find the proof to justify your sighting .Is not seeing one proof enough for you friend or is more needed.Is denial an issue with you on the account that you went public and in the time you went public you did not expect them to ask you for the proof so now you have this quest to clear your self.I mean i can tell that we are not crazy for seeing what we saw or expierancing things we cannot explain but thats science to learn whats it is all about.Nightmares, yes I have had them gone to the doctors for help been tested for ptsd and scored bad on a gaf scale,but it is all part of the game as I found out and been sleeping good now.There is more to these creatures then you think JC and it's not about the proof or trying to prove it to others.These creatures do not compromise themselves without a reason and when they showed themselves to you it was for a reason.There is good in you JC and aparently these creatures saw it in you or they would not have shown themselves to you in the first place.I trying to come to you as a friend on the net and one who has also seen these creatures.

PS:I have not read your your sighting so i have no idea but you can pm me if you like.

Guest NWbeleiver

Well I hope NOBODY ever finds the "proof" that they say we need.I do hope that those of us that beleive get the chance to interact some how with them ( Sasquatch ).My 88 year old mother in law from Phili has never heard of Bigfoot,sasquatch or anything like them.If he was found I think alot of people are like her and wouldn't give a ****,it would just destroy a species that seems to be peaceful and doing just fine on there own..Just my 2 cents worth.

Admin

I've posted this story several times and it's one of my favorites. True or false, we'll never know but it's a great story.

I was recently looking in on another board where bigfoot believers had occasion to scoff at climate change.

There is evidently a mass extinction occurring, and it is related to man's impact on the planet. I find it found it strange that those people on that board would not be concerned about the major cause of extinction of animal species.

link

I think that is gross alarmism.

Firstly, you assume that the fossil record is an accurate cataloging of the entirety of the diversity of animals/plants/etc living at any one time. Fossil formation is NOT exceedingly common, otherwise the Earth would be stuffed full to overflowing with fossils from the untold trillions and trillions of quadrillions of individual plants and animals that have lived and died throughout history.

Second, given the propensity for classifying every new little group of geographically isolated critters as a new and seperate "species", the numbers of species living currently is vastly overinflated.

I'm not saying that man can't damage the planet. We can, and we need to be careful and good stewards of the world that God gave us. That is a given. But the notion that man is going to somehow render the Earth into a biological desert is laughable.

Back on the topic of BF: we don't need to document it to "save" it, per se, so much as we need to document it so that it can be taken into account as part of our overall wildlife management strategy.

parnassus, on 28 November 2010 - 10:54 AM, said:

I was recently looking in on another board where bigfoot believers had occasion to scoff at climate change.

There is evidently a mass extinction occurring, and it is related to man's impact on the planet. I find it found it strange that those people on that board would not be concerned about the major cause of extinction of animal species.

I think that is gross alarmism.

I suspect you arose to his bait. That was one post I didn't even feel worthy to respond to.

Back on the topic of BF: we don't need to document it to "save" it, per se, so much as we need to document it so that it can be taken into account as part of our overall wildlife management strategy.

Exactly. If it's important to manage possums, coyotes, and sparrows, it's important to manage sasquatches.

Guest Lesmore

I've posted this story several times and it's one of my favorites. True or false, we'll never know but it's a great story.

I'm familiar with the area and it is very dense bush...many places relatively impenetrable, as described in the story. The province (Manitoba) is very large and has an enormous amount of forest.....lakes....isolation....vast areas, with little or no habitation.

Canada of course is a G8 country, relatively sophisticated, civilized, etc.....much like the USA. But there are still many vast land masses that are relatively, inaccessible in both countries.

A relative was an early Bush Pilot...started in the 20's....flew Bush / ski / float planes until the late 40's...then large commercial passenger planes in the 50's and early 60's. Flew in Manitoba and NW Ontario.

In the 20's and 30's many of the maps for pilots...just were 'white' in sections with 'unexplored territory' written.

Since then, much of the province and NW Ontario have been mapped photographically, etc......but the areas are still very isolated and relatively inhospitable....extreme cold in the winter... persistent mosquitoes in the summer.

Although I still have my doubts whether BF exists, still exists today...if BF lurked in these areas, it would not surprise me.

I suspect you arose to his bait. That was one post I didn't even feel worthy to respond to.

Exactly. If it's important to manage possums, coyotes, and sparrows, it's important to manage sasquatches.

Hi Hunster-ever hear the old saying, "That was like herding cats", I bet that is what managing sasquatches would be like, they just won't stay in their designated areas :)

Guest vilnoori

What if sasquatches are people? Homo erectus, for example... Living without permanent fake caves like we seem to have to have, that would also make them homeless. Many people in the tropical areas of the world live without permanent shelter, and don't seem unduly troubled by it. I say this as someone who lived in West Africa for a number of years. However, living without medical care is an awful thing. It is heartbreaking to see about half of your children die of measles, etc. when there is a medical solution for the lucky few in the world who live where it is available. Its so sad to see most people die in middle age of simple things like tooth abscesses. I think if sasquatches exist and are people too, then they also might benefit from vaccines and other basic medical aid. Reducing their infant mortality would help their numbers increase. Also if there could be an end to the enmity or shyness between their people and ours, and we could begin to incorporate them into world society would that be such a bad thing? I mean, just hypothetically speaking. I realize that at first there would be difficulties, there always is when cultures first collide--but eventually we get used to each other and start to coexist. First Nations people fared very badly when Europeans first encountered them, mainly because of disease and warfare--especially disease. In the same way, European missionaries trying to live in subsaharan Africa at first had a very poor survival rate as well. Chances are that whenever new populations or waves of humans came to NA there were repercussions on existing populations of people, but that immunity and cultural ways of avoidance built up after a while. Perhaps their populations are on the rise again after the latest wave of migrations. Maybe its time for us to have formal introductions. I can dream, can't I...

Hi Hunster-ever hear the old saying, "That was like herding cats", I bet that is what managing sasquatches would be like, they just won't stay in their designated areas :)

That's what caribou management is like. As soon as you catagorize a "herd", they'll disperse and immigrate to a neighboring herd, or simply crash and disappear.

But the biologists try to manage them, anyway. Alaska and Canada even cooperate in caribou management.

What if sasquatches are people? Homo erectus, for example... Living without permanent fake caves like we seem to have to have, that would also make them homeless.

Then they deserve representation in the UN, right?

Many people in the tropical areas of the world live without permanent shelter, and don't seem unduly troubled by it.

But they all have representation in the UN.

I say this as someone who lived in West Africa for a number of years. However, living without medical care is an awful thing. It is heartbreaking to see about half of your children die of measles, etc. when there is a medical solution for the lucky few in the world who live where it is available. Its so sad to see most people die in middle age of simple things like tooth abscesses. I think if sasquatches exist and are people too, then they also might benefit from vaccines and other basic medical aid. Reducing their infant mortality would help their numbers increase. Also if there could be an end to the enmity or shyness between their people and ours, and we could begin to incorporate them into world society would that be such a bad thing? I mean, just hypothetically speaking.

If they are human, they deserve all the rights that other humans deserve. Indeed, look at our First Nations. They have rights that the rest of us don't have. Maybe sasquatches, by virtue of "being here" before Columbus, also deserve exclusive lands, public health care, etc.

Maybe its time for us to have formal introductions....

That would require action from our government, wouldn't it?

Ok, so say we manage to provide medical care that increases their population and life span. Where are we going to put them when they outgrow their territories? Who will pay for all of that? We don't have the funds to buy vaccine for all of the indigent and underinsured humans in the U.S. for next year. Once the population is large and the competition begins for the same resources, then what? "Planet of the Bigfeet" scenario? Then we get into all of the ethical dilemmas of "if human" then they have a right to refuse our "help". Are we going to go in and let Children's Services remove a Bigfoot Momma's kids from her because one of them died as a result of enchephalitis because of a tooth abccess? I think I would quit if I were DHHS worker and got assigned to go out in the woods to "rescue" bigfoot children......I'm obviously looking at trees here, possibly the lichen that grows on the trees :)

• masterbarber locked this topic