Bigfoot The Protector And Hunter !

Guest tracker

Guest Lesmore

I think you're right, but "supposing" can be appropriate for something that we don't know about, as long as we recognize that it is supposition..........

Fair enough Hunster, I agree.

Guest Lesmore

Hey Les, I just read NO SNAGS about if they exist, just responses to how they MAY hunt or protect themselves. So.. seems pretty open but I am sure Tracker will comment. That is the way I read it anyhow..looks like a discussion tying reports that make sense together if that makes sense..

Makes sense.

Guest tracker

Hey you guys are great and everything but when the we word is used as far as everyone supposing. I am speaking only for my self here based on whats possible from what I've learned and experienced from 25-30 years in the trade. I would like to learn from others things like, If you guys have ever been flanked by BF's or seen them using anti-tracking or other tactics as I have experience(not just read about) and so started these in the field type threads.

Sure some is supposing but most is just the next logical step for me with their woodcraft skills. I've been scared bad a few times by learning the hard way what they are capable of (under estimating them). So I would like to learn what others have experienced in their quest for answers. It's much more forgiving here if i make a mistake than 10 miles from the nearest road with something large circling me at night. As cool as that may sound for that to happen, it's the complete opposite for me. dry.gif

Edited by tracker

Seems to me that it is all guesswork & supposition at this point so this thread is going to be nothing but opinions based on whatever criteria the individual chooses, one as valid as the next. For example, my opinion is if the paranormal/ESP & infrasound theorists are even remotely correct, this critter has absolutely nothing to fear from humans and should be fat as a pig from over-eating easy to bag prey. There would be no logical need to do behaviors such as stalking, hazing, rock throwing, roaring, growling, all other activities we believe are meant to scare the beejesus out of humans to run them out of a monkee's teritory.

My experience is animals rarely perform any repeated act purely for the hell of it, other than maybe humans. Human abnormal psych is way too deep to get into, and this is the wrong venue. Now monkee abnormal psych, that sounds interesting :blink: ...

Guest tracker

Seems to me that it is all guesswork & supposition at this point so this thread is going to be nothing but opinions based on whatever criteria the individual chooses, one as valid as the next. For example, my opinion is if the paranormal/ESP & infrasound theorists are even remotely correct, this critter has absolutely nothing to fear from humans and should be fat as a pig from over-eating easy to bag prey. There would be no logical need to do behaviors such as stalking, hazing, rock throwing, roaring, growling, all other activities we believe are meant to scare the beejesus out of humans to run them out of a monkee's teritory.

My experience is animals rarely perform any repeated act purely for the hell of it, other than maybe humans. Human abnormal psych is way too deep to get into, and this is the wrong venue. Now monkee abnormal psych, that sounds interesting :blink: ...

Yes I am sure it might seem like that to some inexperienced persons. Hey good idea, start your own thread on monkey's if you know more about them in the field then Sasq. However I would have the courtesy not to post a comment in that thread stating everything was guessing, suppostion and illogical.

Not meant to kick yours or anyones puppy, Tracker. Merely stating the only fact we actually know about monkees, sas, or whatever name you want to call them (I reserve the right to call them what I choose),is this point we don't actually know much about why or how they do much of anything. Lots of anecdotes, reports, and guesses, but we (as in all of human-kind) don't really know for certain anything about them. I think for me that is most frustrating. wildlife biologists have documented & proven how virtually ever species in NA lives, except monkees...

SSR Team

Not meant to kick yours or anyones puppy, Tracker. Merely stating the only fact we actually know about monkees, sas, or whatever name you want to call them (I reserve the right to call them what I choose),is this point we don't actually know much about why or how they do much of anything. Lots of anecdotes, reports, and guesses, but we (as in all of human-kind) don't really know for certain anything about them. I think for me that is most frustrating. wildlife biologists have documented & proven how virtually ever species in NA lives, except monkees...

It's the " we " bit again though isn't it ?

For whatever reason, there may be people on this Forum, that have even contributed to this Thread maybe, that know a LOT more about the Animal than WE do.. ;)

It's the " we " bit again though isn't it ?

For whatever reason, there may be people on this Forum, that have even contributed to this Thread maybe, that know a LOT more about the Animal than WE do.. ;)

Their tales remain just that, tales or stories until they're able to provide even the barest minimum evidence of their experiences.

Yes, there "may be people on this forum......that know a lot more than we do".....or not. Story tellers tell stories.

Admin

Bob,

I think you know as much about BF as anyone else.

This is looking like an interesting thread to me. Couple things to ponder.. 1- if you were going to describe people, from North America, how would you do it? 2-I did not say bears or apes.. because they probably do not show variation or differences that would be easily obvious to the average observer.. naturalist, dentist, teacher or anyone. So.. by introducing the factors that cause people to behave differently might be a consideration.. some of us get up earlier, some of us live in places we have to coordinate with the weather, some of us have big families and some of us do not. Could those factors play into this? Some people are vegetarians, some like meat & potatos.. some are hooked on sweets and some are very disciplined in their eating habits. You could pick out all kinds of scenarios that describe people across the board and still leave groups out or individuals. So ? I am just saying, they may be very adaptable, very individual and even somewhat more comparable to us than the other primates. I do not know this.. but I suspect this. Plus they are super-ninja-pretty-darn smart as Ray mentioned, whether he believes this or not I do not know, sounds like it to me. (They sure seem to have many of us scratching our heads even with some wondering if they even exist. If they do (I know they do) then look at how that pause helps them .. less people snooping after them lol. With that, compared with the potential ape strength they may combine..(the very core of XMutant capabilities ? :)) the average wildlife biologist, according to Bindernagel is not prepared for the behavior complexities that they bring to the table. We just do not study that or experience it in wildlife management in NA. Let alone the public. So I think what has been brought forth is significant and anyone with a personal opinion or experience is valued. It is quite an overall puzzle they present us. There are obviously many pieces. JMHO. I might say that I think they lie low during cool weather and if they can obtain calories nearby they opt for that rather then a big expenditure of energy on a long trip.. but a there are a lot of factors so ea situation may be different. I get a few reports that suggest they do not go far in winter from their summer foraging areas but with the distance they potentially cover.. do we really know ? (Talking northerly areas with decent tracking conditons & snow).

The way individual farmers have told me about how big the hogs are they lost to them is kind of intimidating..(pers obs or track obs on their part). In one case a man who lived across the field heard this at a neighboring farm: There was a ruckus in the hog pen at the neighbors.. probably 1/3 mi away, cannot remember, I was on site but I do not remember exactly so lets say .33 -.5 mi away.

it was dark. But about twilight. The man said he heard a hog screaming bloody murder.. and it kept it up.. pretty soon it was obvious it was moving out of the hogpen.. and through the brush.. and into the forest.. in other words it was out of its pen. Then the farmer watching hears the tractor start up.. so he has that sound on the right.. and the screaming hog on the left. Another fence was coming up by a field on the other edge of the forest, exact details I do not remember but the fence was the area where the hog stopped screaming. Or whatever horrific vocalization it was using. The farmer on the tractor never found what took his hog(s) he had this happen before.. and bear at the time were not said to be there.. but knowing the capability of bear distribution, I wonder about that. But I also wonder about how something takes out a hog from a fenced in area that is heavy.. 100 200 maybe more in weight. Deer carcasses were found in area in piles .. well organized. Even shells of turtles in a pile have been reported to me by a friend.. and I have talked to numerous people who have talked about similar scenarios they wondered about. So you know there are a lot of interesting things going on and people keep telling us the same thing over and over and over sometimes. Some of those folks are right here reading what we write. Remember too that something can happen and if you talk to five different people individually their take or opinion can be very different. Many people write things off very quickly for a lot of reasons. There is that individuality again. B)

Bigfoot the Protector- you hear about these reports of bigfoot using "art of war" techniques to distract and deflect attention from someone or something, possibly family members. Why do we think this? You also hear about the occasional report where bigfoot will assist a human in some kind of way. What do you suppose would be the motive for that? How reliable do you think these stories are?

SSR Team

Bob,

I think you know as much about BF as anyone else.

Well, i'd say i'd go one step further to be honest MB & i say that not to boast or be superior than anyone else, but due to something that i saw, with my own beautiful eyes including long eyelashes, about 15 or so Years ago whilst on vacation in your wonderful Country but i'm not overly comfortable about talking about it to be honest as it stands, so won't.. :)

But you know what i'm saying MB & i don't find it massively out of realms of possibility that what i am saying could happen/be happening.

SSR Team

Their tales remain just that, tales or stories until they're able to provide even the barest minimum evidence of their experiences.

Yes, there "may be people on this forum......that know a lot more than we do".....or not. Story tellers tell stories.

Absolutely, but on a BF Forum they'd be inclined & even encouraged to at least be able to share & in the hope that others are able to make their own mind up without repeating over & over & over again that they are basically Liars just because they can't provide what those same people, non Forum Subject believers, demand, time & time again.

& you say people are unable to obtain even the barest minimal evidence ??

Would you say therefore that teh below isn't even minimal evidence ??

Or should we ignore this now because it was so long ago & we DEMAND something a little newer to poke a stick at then forget about ??

post-136-015767800 1292385693_thumb.jpg

Agreed. Obviously there is a lot of stuff that can be set by the wayside. But, when patterns of location, testimony,

tracks, and accompanying evidence (annecdotal with the tracks and multiwitnesses for example) come together.. then it points to real. If real then there are a lot of things that have been discarded that all of a sudden become not only possible but likely. The continued descriptions of their ability to camo is very interesting so it makes you wonder

about distribution and presence in association with core areas of forests and riverbottom swamps.. and associative bluffs and mountain ranges..

I used "we" to describe human-kind as it's a lot faster to type and uses less bandwidth than " all of human-kind, except of course for those that say they know more about monkees than anyone else". If some folks require a disclaimer, there it is.

I want to add an additional point. It seems that an awful lot of folks are suffering from the use of anthropomorphism when they talk about the critter and their experiences with it. I suppose it's only natural as the big ape tends to walk on his hinders, has a human-like foot & handies, and exhibit some behaviors that can or may appear to coincide with human behaviors. Just my 2 cents here, but I think when we start attributing human behaviors to animals, we stray off the path of honest & useful research. Anthropomorphism makes for riveting tales & stories (one of my favorite authors as a kid was Erenst Thompson Seaton and his stories about wild animals, but he was a blatant Anthro-writer) but does neither the observer or the critter justice...