Bigfoot The Protector And Hunter !

Guest tracker

Guest BuzzardEater

I like most of what you said but i only quoted the last part. Cannibals BF's and disappearing hikers a touchy subject with some. Not sure if eating a different species is canniblism. We got lots of reports of them shadowing, chasing even. It makes you wonder about their motives. Some are very aggressive much more than curious or defensive. Just consider how easy it would be for them to kill humans if they wanted to? It would be kinda hard to escape them if they were on the hunt. You would need to be really close to your truck or cabin and others. Maybe that's why some follow to see if your alone or not before deciding? They seem very carefull and patient.

JMO Tracker. dry.gif

Thank you for your reply. I allude to the humans as prey thing because I don't think the existing models account for the calory intake a Bigfoot would need. In my part of the world bears are attacking humans more regularly and it is for food. Bears are pragmatic. When thier usual or preferred foodstuffs are not availible, they seek other nourishment. A four hundred pound quadruped would need about a quarter the food a one thousand pound biped would require in similar circumstance. The small animals and salad diet doesn't seem substantial enough to me. These are active creatures, too, easily outrunning men over difficult terrain. That's a heck of a lot of energy expended!

Guest tracker

Most things in the woods are edible even if our taste buds and stomachs dissagree. So the big fur balls must continueously eat like the other large critters, moose, bear. I imagine they don't need to run too much unless hunting deer or avoiding us. Eastern NA has become abundant with deer to the point of having culls in some areas. Thats got to be a big reason why were getting more reports. I 've said this before i believe it may be easier for them to survive in the east. So the Sasq pop should be on the rise and so should the chances of seeing them or at least signs of them IMO.

Adirondacks anyone? What great Sasq potential this park has!

Adirmts.jpg?t=1302443119

Adirpark.jpg?t=1302443178

So if you visit there this summer or fall you may at least have a Tracker sighting? ;)

Guest herosmom

I believe if they are willing to throw rocks and use tree limbs to knock and make noise, then why wouldn't they also use those things as tools and hunting weapons? What I saw was very human in it's demeanor. I believe they are fully aware that we are something to be avoided, yet smart enough to know WHEN we are no threat. What I saw was no ape, if it wasn't a BF-then it was a really giant human in a well-made suit standing next to train tracks at 4 in the morning for a rest before moving on to find others to "fool" through miles of swamp and heavy brush. Yes, that was sarcasm :rolleyes:. Be kind, I'm new here.

Edited by herosmom

Guest tracker

I believe if they are willing to throw rocks and use tree limbs to knock and make noise, then why wouldn't they also use those things as tools and hunting weapons? What I saw was very human in it's demeanor. I believe they are fully aware that we are something to be avoided, yet smart enough to know WHEN we are no threat. What I saw was no ape, if it wasn't a BF-then it was a really giant human in a well-made suit standing next to train tracks at 4 in the morning for a rest before moving on to find others to "fool" through miles of swamp and heavy brush. Yes, that was sarcasm :rolleyes:. Be kind, I'm new here.

Welcome, herosmom! Care to tell us more about it in general if it's being investigated? How close were you? did it see you as well? and how long did the sighting last? Info that won't give it away but helps us better understand their behaviour. Which i think is key to obtaining hard evidence IMO. Tracker ;)

Edited by tracker

It's possible, how close ? any blacks in the area?

My thinking is that the BF's would be in the water lunging or scooping fish the same as bears. So sure maybe in the same are but not too close. I would think they would need to be on guard for each other. Or mostly the BF's would have to watch out for a mankiller.

JMO so i don't get in trouble(again). tracker ;)

I've read some posting here somewhere about BF killing bears. Now I don't remember which type of bear, nor the size of the bear, but it seems that the BF species is at the top of the feeding chain in the animal kingdom, except for humans with really big guns and lots of bullets :blink: .

Edited by Susiq2

Hello Friend, I'm so glad to see you posting your experience. For me it has helped to talk about my weird encounters, and I think that you will be well received here discussing your encounter. If someone is not kind to you, I'll fuss at them.. ;) Hugs to you and your hero..

Guest tracker

I've read some posting here somewhere about BF killing bears. Now I don't remember which type of bear, nor the size of the bear, but it seems that the BF species is at the top of the feeding chain/Plato in the animal kingdom, except for humans with really big guns and lots of bullets :blink: .

IMO Sasq don't have much to worry about. ;)

Btw, I forgot to mention that the Bigfoot did not use weapons to kill the bears, he just tore it apart, and I think that he twisted and took the head off first.. :o Yikes, we puny humans have no hope against one of those creatures unless we are with several well armed(really big guns) men.

I really do mean several men with BIG guns shooting in self-defense :blush::blink: while I faint and then throw-up. :rolleyes: I can't help it. :blink: They scare me. :wacko:

Guest Kane2002

OK, maybe I am off topic here, but in my humble opinion, Sas. would not go out of his/her way for a confrontation. With anything or anyone. What would be the profit? To get hurt or crippled could lead to their death. Animals, unless they are predators, when and if they fight, it is mostly over sex or territory, and mostly with their own kind. Predators for food but that falls under territory also. Remember, man is the only animal that goes out and picks a fight, just to fight. So while Sas. and big bears may posture and bluff I don't think either is going to push a fight just to fight. Again what would be the profit? Finding something to eat would be free from pain, worry or trouble. Why fight just to fight?

Any animal will protect their young. That's survival of the species, the strongest instinct everything has. Even lemon grass and fruit flies.

BF probably stays away from us because of some hidden fear. Like they have learned that association with us could lead to sickness or death from our colds, flus, smallpox. They may not understand it but have learned to stay away.

Now why don't they come into the barnyard more often? Pigs, sheep, goats, calves all smaller and weaker prey. Why? I don't think the profit equals the expense. Other things are easer to catch and kill if so inclined without the worry. And maybe they really don't like us. Should they?

Edited by Kane2002

Guest herosmom

Hello Friend, I'm so glad to see you posting your experience. For me it has helped to talk about my weird encounters, and I think that you will be well received here discussing your encounter. If someone is not kind to you, I'll fuss at them.. ;) Hugs to you and your hero..Thanks suzi, I'm trying.

Guest herosmom

Tracker I'm planning on reporting my sighting-was a very frightening experience. Yes it did look right at me. In the meantime, you can PM me if you like. And to stay on topic-I really believe BF is a branch of the human race and to theorize about it's behavior as if it were an animal only is maybe what's keeping us from finding it.

Guest tracker

Tracker I'm planning on reporting my sighting-was a very frightening experience. Yes it did look right at me. In the meantime, you can PM me if you like. And to stay on topic-I really believe BF is a branch of the human race and to theorize about it's behavior as if it were an animal only is maybe what's keeping us from finding it.

How true, if thery were just an animal relying on instinct alone there wouldn't be any need to have all these Bf sites. I am glad you mentioned the scary aspect of a sighting. We get alot of weekend warriors in the woods that have never been in a situation like that before that includes hunters. Some may even have a heart attack or will suffer from the after affects for years. You know nightmares, fear of the woods etc etc.

I had a thread on this aspect alone that eventually died. It was called something like "Are you really prepared for an encounter or something like that? So I revised it with You don't really want an encounter do you? People need to reallize prior to heading out that an encounter may be the most frightening experience of their lives. IMO. But what do I know, eh? Tracker. dry.gif

I shoot you a PM so we can talk about it. Then only when you are ready post your encounter. ;)

IMO Sasq don't have much to worry about. ;)

Tracker, I agree.

Are you a professional hunter, and are you military, past or presently?

Guest tracker

Tracker, I agree.

Are you a professional hunter, and are you military, past or presently?

I was, now i am just tracker.

Guest Kane2002

It's to bad that in all these encounters no one had a camera. The PG is getting a little shopworn. We need some new and better shots.