Bigfoot And "creeped Out" Feeling

Guest ShadowPrime

Guest ShadowPrime

One thing that intrigues me, amongst the BF sightings reports, is how often witnesses describe feeling a powerful urge to flee, often nearly overwhelming, during the sighting. On the face of it, maybe not surprising - coming face to face with a huge protohuman "monster", often while alone and deep in the woods - but in the context of the sightings reports, the witnesses often make it sound a bit more strange than that. While the witnesses use lots of different words to describe the sensations, I get the impression they are often observing BF, feeling calm or intrigued, when suddenly this feeling, almost a compulsion, just sneaks up on them, almost surprising them (versus, for example, them being afraid from the start, hanging in there, but finally "having enough" and feeling they need to get out of there!).

The other thing is that a fair number of reports - and yup, this is all anecdotal; I haven't done any kind of count! - mention this sensation hitting BEFORE the BF is sighted. That is, the person gets this "creeped out" feeling, for no apparent reason, THEN sees the BF. I was reading just such a report yesterday - a hunter out in the woods, gets this increasingly unsettling sensation, then spots the BF...

What are your thoughts about this? Is something "unusual" going on here, or is this just "noise" in the reports? Personally, I find that this is mentioned often enough, and with enough force, that it makes me wonder if this isn't an important element of the BF phenomena, but on the flip side, I just don't know... I am not into a "psychic BF" scenario, and the more fantastic elements we ascribe to BF, the LESS likely it becomes (IMHO). I don't know that any other animal on Earth, for example, has a "fear pheromone", so to postulate something as fantastic as a giant bipedal North American ape AND to throw in a "human repelling" pheromone or ultrasound capability...well... strains credulity and then some. No?

SO... interested in your thoughts? Have you noticed this element as well, and if so, what do you make of it?

Shadow

SSR Team

I haven't a clue what it is but i have read enough Reports to say that it's a little more than just conicidental & there is definately something to it..

We have Members on this Board that have witnessed first hand the effects of IT & also been witnessed to the Physical affects that whatever IT is, can also cause....

They'd be much better to chip in than me, Mr Risky.. ;)

I have heard others talk about this very thing. I am not up on it at all but you might have hit it right on the head regarding olfactory and ultrasound possibilities.. or perhaps something else (??what??) that works in the same way.

Might be similar to the affects supposedly pheromones can instill in people attraction toward one another but in this case it works exactly opposite. Also it may be an affective mechanism for instilling a distance between competing large mammals at the berry bush or during spawn in a stream with concentrations of fish. Who knows.. another unknown !

The two things you mentioned, pheromones and infrasound, are possible causes with biological explanations. There is nothing about those two things that are paranormal, in my opinion, but they can make the symptoms appear to be a paranormal effect. Another possible cause is called a "fear cage". If you watch Ghost Hunters, Grant and Jason say that the symptoms you are describing can be caused by a high EMF field. Sometimes the wiring in a house forms what they term a "fear cage", creating high EMF fields,which make a person think the house is haunted. Some people are more sensitive to EMF fields than others. This same reaction happens to people receiving an MRI. This is why they suggest that you be drugged if you are going to be in the scanner for awhile. The EMF field generated by an MRI scanner is enormous. Since improper house wiring, and the presence of a MRI scanner, is out of the question in the woods I doubt this explanation would fit for bigfoot's situation. It would be interesting to carry an EMF meter on an outing just to get a base reading of the area. If someone complains about feeling uncomfortable do another EMF reading of the area to see if there are any changes. It would be one way to definitely rule out one unlikely cause and get more data on the environment in general where an encounter or incident occurs. Whatever the cause, I do believe it has a biological explanation.

A person's intuition can also play a part in this too. You may not be consciously be picking up on cues that something isn't right or that something is out of place but the subconscious does. Haven't you ever walked into a room after two people have been arguing and felt the tension? They may not be actively arguing when you come in but you know something has just happened. I don't know how this works but it does, probably a pheromone that is released when people get pissed at each other, would be my guess. It's the same deal when walking out to a dark parking lot, you might have done this a million times but on this one evening, something is different and puts you into hyper vigilance mode. Once again, probably the pheromones from the person up to no good. There may be some truth to that old saying that someone smells danger in the air. Here are a couple of articles about the research done on how smell alerts you to danger.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/3337472/Human-nose-can-smell-danger.html

http://current.com/green/89233287_the-nose-really-can-smell-danger.htm

Guest squatchrider

Jodie, I think you are on to the truth with the intuition. Perhaps Bigfoot does use infrasound. I don't know. But I don't think we need to got that far to discover that "creepy" feeling people get in the woods. How many times have you been in a room and felt like someone was watching you, looked up, and there was someone looking at you? I know this has happened to me and to other people I know. We all emit a certain amount of energy, maybe we and bigfoot can focus that energy without really realizing we are doing it. Maybe it's pheromones released from another creature who is excited or uncomfortable i.e. the person watching you for whatever reason or the Bigfoot watching you for whatever reason. I'll have to get back to this when I am not trying to get ready for work.

good thread shadow. ive noticed this element in reports as well.im not sure about the pheromone/infrasound factor,although i dont rule out the possibility.

i'd figure maybe intuition as others have mentioned. while hunting ive had that "feeling" like something was watching me a couple times.

one time i especially remember.... i was in a deerstand when i had that gut feeling i was being watched.

every hair on the back of my neck stood up, not fear, just an "awareness".

then, i heard definite bipedal footsteps in the leaves behind me.

I slowly turned to see a flicker of black through the trees behind me,then , more footsteps......silence..... the feeling continued, i was being watched....

finally, I spotted something dark leaning out from behind a pine tree about 65 yards away, looking directly at me......

it was a big wild turkey gobbler,and he was darn lucky it wasnt turkey season :D .the following spring i shot a big gobbler at the foot of that ridge, perhaps it was the same one.

although this wasnt a "fear" reaction, it was kind of a creepy feeling.

point is, ive had "that feeling" of being watched ( and know other avid outdoors folks that have had similiar experiences) then turn to actually see deer,turkey,person etc. there looking back at you.

so it stands to reason that if a BF was present,it could happen.

Guest BCCryptid

There's also the idea of being watched causing fear, hairs on the back of your neck to stand up, ect... this has been proven, and makes perfect sense we would have this ability, given we used to be naked monkeys that needed to run up the nearest tree soon as a sabre-tooth came up behind us....

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

There's also the idea of being watched causing fear, hairs on the back of your neck to stand up, ect... this has been proven, and makes perfect sense we would have this ability, given we used to be naked monkeys that needed to run up the nearest tree soon as a sabre-tooth came up behind us....

Bingo, I think of it the same way. Those "feelings" are our almost forgotten natural instincts at work. They can work for us as a valuable tool in the field. If those instincts are well honed, I think a person will "feel" when something is near. Now that doesn't mean the chicken guy/gal that shivers and shakes the first moment he/she steps out into the woods. Those folks will likely jump at a grasshopper so you can't pay much attention to them. But, to the average level headed person, I think that person can use their instincts to make them better field researchers. In fact I'm sure of it.

Chris B.

Guest ShadowPrime

I can definitely "buy" the "I feel like I am being watched" thing. Not sure what that is, although if I had to take a shot at explaining it, I would lean most strongly towards the idea that we can pick up on things on an unconscious level (change in sound levels, etc) that tip us off. Maybe.

There is some of this in the BF reports, but there is also (at least it seems to me) something different, or additional - feeling a powerful sense of "I need to leave now". What intrigues me most is the way people describe it... that is, it generally isn't "As I watched the BF I got more and more scared, and I had to get out of there". Rather, a lot of the reports sound more like "I suddenly had the feeling tht I had to get out of there"... as if they are watching BF, in a state of RELATIVE calm, but suddenly the "you need to leave" switch gets flipped. I know I may not be explaning this well - if I get time later, I will see if I can excerpt some specific reports with that element (there are plenty).

I suppose it is possible - maybe - for someone to be scared, and not really realize it...maybe... although that is not my typical experience. That is, I can't personally recall a situation where I was scared to death, scared enough that I felt I HAD to get away, get out of there, where I felt CALM and didn't realize I was scared.

The EMF / Pheromone / infrasound things are all interesting, and "natural" explanations. What I meant, in my initial comments, was that I am not aware of any other primate equipped with any of these things, which would make BF even MORE remarkable/unlikely... if you get me.

Enjoying the comments!

Shadow

I've experienced the creepy feeling of being watched while in the woods, and having noticed deer becoming aware of my presence while watching them from concealment, I decided to experiment. At my place of work (a noisy factory) I would stare at a person 50-100 yards away, they would often look at me within a few seconds. I enlisted others to help me stare at someone and the odds they would look our way increased. I concluded the feeling was proportional to the number of starers.

I transferred this to the woods and noted that a deer that couldn't see me became nervous when I stared intently at it. When viewing a deer nearby the time one could stare without detection decreased as the distance did. I found I could "get away" with viewing a deer from close quarters if I looked for a bit and then looked away, glancing back often, but for very short glimpses, I could observe a deer for 15 or 20 minutes from nearby as long as they didn't catch my scent.

It seems people and deer share this instinct although that of people seems to be somewhat duller.

Guest TooRisky

The feeling is a 6th sense of eminent danger which triggers your fight or flight instinct which for some has been bred out of them through time... The feeling comes from a very primal side of us all...

Edited by TooRisky

Admin

Shadow,

I think you are not being specific enough about the "feelings" you're talking about. You have to narrow things down:

1) are you talking about people who are actually staring at BF and then get the "feeling"?

2) or people who are just in the woods and get the "feeling"?

3) or people who are in the woods, get the "feeling" and then see BF?

I'm sure you can think of many other permutations, my point is that these are significant. Not all of the situations will be credible, or maybe there's some issue with the witness.

For case 1, I would say that it's just common sense, no extraordinary explanation necessary. If you see a BF and it's staring back and you don't get that "feeling", there is something wrong with you.

I'll leave the rest to others...

Edited by gigantor

I read it as the person being observed by bigfoot and not knowing it. It's the same deal as when you are on a deserted area of an inner city street by yourself. Sometimes you don't get the feeling, sometimes you do, when you do, you run to your car or a lit area.

Admin

How does someone know he/she was "being observed by BF" if he/she didn't know it was being observed?

Oh yeah, he/she had the "feeling" and that indicates that BF was watching... got it. :rolleyes:

Edited by gigantor