How Would You Capture Or Kill A Sasquatch?

Guest tracker

I think the best way to get a sasquatch would be to get a baby or a kid. Kind of like the Jacko story. You would probably have to kill an adult sasq because it would be nigh on impossible to contain him after capture.

I do not even know of a good way to capture one (adult). For a type specimen I think the only likely scenario is to shoot one and kill it. After that? I'm not a proponent of killing or capturing any more. Of course once a type specimen is documented and the species is established? Then they can pour serious resources and effort into this species in order to study them.

It would be difficult to kill one too.

I don't think so, that is the trivial part. Brown bears, Polar bears, Lions, Tigers, Rhino, Elephant, they have all fallen to the rifle. What's going to be extremely difficult is finding one to shoot(or maybe this is what you meant). I'm surrounded by men that have spent their whole lives in the woods, and have never seen a thing. No animal, no tracks, no sounds.... And they look at me sideways because I give this thing a second thought.

But if you have located a family unit it would be (marginally) possible to find an unguarded baby or toddler and make off with it. If you survived the attempt you'd have the find of the century, and it would be possible to mine a lot more info from a living sasquatch than a dead one. A living young sasquatch could also be tamed/domesticated or socialized to humans and used to approach a wild clan in future years.

:D

That would be pretty cool, but I think if finding one is tough, finding a family group is going to be even harder. And animal babies generally don't stray far from momma. And while males are bigger and stronger, nothing is more determined than a mama getting back her baby. :)

Of course this is all rather pie in the sky. Sigh.

Absolutely, but I think it's something to consider.

I always wondered what would happen if you wondered up on an orphaned sasquatch. That would be the ideal way to get one,I would think, a kid that hadn't learned anything from the parents yet before disaster struck, craves attention, and you are something similar walking on two legs. Now here is my dilemma, what do you do with it? I would die if I turned it over to authorities and they didn't treat it right, but yet I don't think I could take care of a sasquatch baby without some help......I guess I would just get in contact with Vilnoori and make a long drive to Canada :lol:

Heck! You KNOW how women are! ;)

I'd be bottle feeding the baby while looking over my shoulder all the time!

When I was a boy my friend on a neighboring ranch had raised a fawn, it would play with us boys and it would get so excited and bounce around. Very fun!

Guest vilnoori

I always wondered what would happen if you wondered up on an orphaned sasquatch. That would be the ideal way to get one,I would think, a kid that hadn't learned anything from the parents yet before disaster struck, craves attention, and you are something similar walking on two legs. Now here is my dilemma, what do you do with it? I would die if I turned it over to authorities and they didn't treat it right, but yet I don't think I could take care of a sasquatch baby without some help......I guess I would just get in contact with Vilnoori and make a long drive to Canada :lol:

Heck, ya. I've got four already, what's one more. My husband would look at me funny though. At least he'd finally be a believer. :lol:

Guest tracker

I agree though a female youngling would be best scenerio for a successful live capture. Next would be then an injured or trapped adult female on the timid side. You may bag both a mom and child if one was in distress.

Capturing a lost or starving young male, that would depend on how young or weak they are? I believe they would learn to flee or attack us at a young age from dad. Even the young ones would be more powerfull and faster than an adult man.

Guest Bigfoot Proof

If one is going to be targeted for kill, then you better be using a big game Safari grade rifle with hot ammo... plus have it silenced down somehow, and make sure under extreme pressure you can insure a head shot or it may kill you, not to mention 5 more giants will come out of the woodwork and finish everyone off.

TKD's idea is interesting. Better hope it can't scream out for help even a weak scream :lol:

As far as the Polar Bear Jail, this is an animal (bear) without human reasoning skills, and the Giant has high intelligence and will know to find the least resistance such and a loose bar and work it hard to escape. Never underestimate their intelligence.

I think a team of 20 experienced trackers, split up in 2's and basically living in the location (and spread way out across many miles, so SAS doesn't see you as a 'big hunting team' and only communicate by walkie) and stay out for months at a time.

Annie Oakley and... an eye shot, skull structure and disparities and so true.

The Czech CZ Magnum rifle is a good one, I personally have 2, CZ pistols and they are more potent than my .40 glock even with hot rounds.

This is a fun topic :) I've only read page 1 but will return later to read the rest.

Edited by Bigfoot Proof

If one is going to be targeted for kill, then you better be using a big game Safari grade rifle with hot ammo... plus have it silenced down somehow, and make sure under extreme pressure you can insure a head shot or it may kill you, not to mention 5 more giants will come out of the woodwork and finish everyone off.

There is another thread that talks about rifles as well, but I have a Marlin guide gun in .45-70. And my choice of ammo is:

http://www.garrettcartridges.com/

I think a "Sasquatch Army" hunting us down and killing us is fanciful. That does not mean that an animal will not come to the aid of another. The team would have to be prepared for such an encounter.

As far as the Polar Bear Jail, this is an animal (bear) without human reasoning skills, and the Giant has high intelligence and will know to find the least resistance such and a loose bar and work it hard to escape. Never underestimate their intelligence.

Primates are more intelligent than bears, but without the use of fire and tools, I don't think their intelligence is any where near our level.

I think a team of 20 experienced trackers, split up in 2's and basically living in the location (and spread way out across many miles, so SAS doesn't see you as a 'big hunting team' and only communicate by walkie) and stay out for months at a time.

An operation like that would be large and costly, but being able to stay out like that is certainly optimal.

The Czech CZ Magnum rifle is a good one, I personally have 2, CZ pistols and they are more potent than my .40 glock even with hot rounds.

Caliber is more important than anything. And pistols have no place in this type of expedition other than a secondary weapon system.

I personally wouldn't be interested in any long range magnum calibers, because I'm a firm believer that one cannot tell a hoax from a non hoax at 300-400 yards away. It's just too dicey of a proposition. Which means we need to get close, and that narrows the field down in calibers greatly for dangerous game.

Why kill one at all? Observe, and let 'em live, take pictures or movies if you can. The only reasons to kill one are; Proof - they exist, trust me, Ego - kill something else, Fame - over rated, Money - just plan wrong, Science - ha, generally speaking they don't deserve one. Give one to Dr. Medrum, he's the only one that seems to have any balls, and of course.....only if the Bigfoot died of natural causes.

Why kill one at all? Observe, and let 'em live, take pictures or movies if you can.

I think ultimately this is the wrong approach and a detriment to the species.

The only reasons to kill one are; Proof

Yes, a type specimen to establish a species.

- they exist, trust me,

Luckily science doesn't work that way. I personally think your a level headed good guy. But what if you were telling me that you were seeing little green pixies? Or purple unicorns?

Ego - kill something else,

Yah, no.....I do not covet a Sasquatch mount next to the elk rack hanging on the wall. And I have no interest in frying up Squatch back strap either.

Fame - over rated,

I like my privacy.

Money - just plan wrong,

Money is never a bad thing, so long as your not exploiting something or someone.

Science - ha, generally speaking they don't deserve one.

On the contrary Bigfoot deserves it. He deserves to be recognized by science and human kind and not be placed in the pixie/unicorn category. Unfortunately that requires a type specimen.

Give one to Dr. Medrum, he's the only one that seems to have any balls, and of course.....only if the Bigfoot died of natural causes.

How about we give one to Dr. Meldrum whether we shot it or it died of old age? The quicker the species gets recognized the quicker we can protect it not only directly but through passive threats as well? (habitat loss, etc)

I just don't see the logic behind the anti kill crowd. We need a type specimen, and that can be accomplished in various ways, but the most likely scenario is shooting one. If the anti kill crowd beats me to the punch with a decomposed body? I'll jump for joy.

As this progresses, it's sounding more and more like some "Predator" movie. Wasn't there a rumor out there that the original was based on sasquatch stories?

As this progresses, it's sounding more and more like some "Predator" movie.

LOL! I don't know if I can agree with that assessment. After all I haven't sent Tracker out looking to purchase a GE mini gun!

mantuary_jesse_ventura_predator.jpg

ME:OMG! IT'S BIGFOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT!

*30 seconds and 3000 rounds later*

ME:Oh! Wait! False Alarm.....it's a Chipmunk.

*Chipmunk still sitting on log eating nut*

ME:**** Tracker! Your a baaad shot!

TRACKER:Do you want to carry it?

ME: Ermm nooooo.

:D

Wasn't there a rumor out there that the original was based on sasquatch stories?

I don't know how? In Predator we are the "dumb" apes being hunted and he is this uber sophisticated alien that gets all the cool toys! But it ends in tragedy....despite his 3600 different viewing option on his FLIR HUD googles, he fails to see the giant dead fall that the smart *dump* ape hung in a tree, and he gets crushed.

(I have this weird thing about always rooting for the monster in movies)

He must have flunked out of his gravitational theory class as the Alien academy for young sprogs.

;)

Well the exact details might be different from the Predator movie, but what if you underestimate this things intelligence? Isn't that the very first strategic error to make in waging war or dealing with any opponent? I'm not so sure the big guns will help you if this thing is the "king of stealth" and picks you off one by one before you have a chance to use them. I know the whole thing is a big "what if" based on bigfoot being an ape with ape intelligence but what if it is a very smart ape?

I at one time heard a rumor that the Predator alien's strategies was based on supposed bigfoot behaviors, but I don't think there was any truth in it.I can't find the link to it now.

Well the exact details might be different from the Predator movie, but what if you underestimate this things intelligence?

I'm just teasin! ;)

Isn't that the very first strategic error to make in waging war or dealing with any opponent?

There are two sides to war, strategic and tactical thinking. The strategic side is the side that pushes little army men around on a large gridded map by crunching data. The tactical side is the real operations on the ground.

The reported intelligence of a Sasquatch is that of a great ape. They do not use fire and they do not use sophisticated tools.

I'm not so sure the big guns will help you if this thing is the "king of stealth" and picks you off one by one before you have a chance to use them.

If a team is tactically sound, then while on patrol they while establish fire sectors within the team that covers the 360 degree battle space around the team. For example for a 6 man patrol walking Ranger file:

P - (point)Covers front

S - (slack) Covers left

TL - (team leader) Covers right

ATL - (Assist. team leader) Covers left

M - (Medic) Covers right

TEC - (Tail End Charlie) Covers rear

If the team moves into a harbor site and wagon wheels, each team member while assume a fire sector or a "piece of the pie". Never are there allowed to be "gaps" in areas of responsibility. Generally fire sectors overlap each other to a certain degree.

And team members are always within close proximity of each other. Generally while on patrol the rule of thumb is 5 meters, because of land mines, grenades and other dangers. In this case that could be tightened up because we are assuming a intelligent ape is not going to employ those against us.

I know the whole thing is a big "what if" based on bigfoot being an ape with ape intelligence but what if it is a very smart ape?

Generally speaking in combat, patrols are sent out first to recon the enemy. SALUTE reports are given and this intelligence is sent up the chain of command. This intelligence is then used to create future tactical operations based on the objectives deemed important by command.

In other words, it's a never ending game of chess. But the first step in this process is getting recon units in the bush to study the enemy. Along with other intelligence assets, such as spies, civilian questioning, listening posts, etc. A picture begins to emerge that is a fair assessment of the enemies capabilities.....both strengths and weaknesses.

In the case of Bigfoot, much of this work has already been done for us.

I at one time heard a rumor that the Predator alien's strategies was based on supposed bigfoot behaviors, but I don't think there was any truth in it.I can't find the link to it now.

Predator hunts down and kills a entire team of special forces minus the team leader who eventually kills the alien, and then must run for his life as the alien sets off a tactical nuke on his wrist band.

I could go into detail about how bad the tactics of the special forces is represented in the movie. I've explained some of it above. The first rule of thumb is that nobody get's left behind. This negates the "picked off" theory, if a team member cannot walk or be moved, then the team sets up a defensive perimeter around that member and calls for a dust off. So in other words after the first casualty, the mission is scrubbed and the first objective of the team is to keep their fellow team member alive.

In the movie the opposite happens, they all become singular Rambo's and the whole thing falls apart. It's just not reality.

Guest tracker

Hey i am more of a sniper one shot type, you carry the friging big heavy gun around norseman. you can't hit a barn door anyways.

If we want some nice sound recordings and more blobsquatches by all means lets wait for it to come to us. treeknock away. If we want a specimen or a live capture or a difinitive film we need to hunt it down. I think that would take a comando type approach.

Personally i wouldn't drop one just to prove they exist to others. Thats the last option on my mind when i go into the woods. I would only attempt to kill one if it had the same intentions. I've seen enough of death all ready(sorry morbid moment). I would like to get close to one in an open area and wait it out with them. It's when they hide and try to sneak up on you from cover that's the prob when trying to figure out their intentions? Otherwise I am cool with sharing the woods with them and the other creatures.

I would really LOVE to see this made into a reality TV show, seriously, I'ld watch it. How many days,weeks,or months do you think this would take?