How Would You Capture Or Kill A Sasquatch?

Guest tracker

I am pretty sure that was the same lion, almost positive. I am amazed at the resiliency of a wild animal. I have seen deer get their guts shot out and still run for a good distance. That was a lion, imagine something many times more intelligent/more resourceful and twice the size. IMHO their is no comparison between the Sasquatch and any other animal on earth in terms of formidability. One would probably be looking for that kill shot in vegetation 3x or more thicker than what they got the lion in.

A charge is a charge is a charge. It doesn't matter how intelligent it is, or resourceful, and only size dictates the caliber used.

If your enemy has no means in which to defend himself at range? He has to close the distance with you to do damage. No matter if it's a guy armed with a knife or axe, a Bear, a Lion, a Elephant or a Squatch. You have to make sure he doesn't close that distance with you.

Again we are talking charges here, how you HUNT each animal or man whatever is a entirely different matter.

A charge is a charge is a charge. It doesn't matter how intelligent it is, or resourceful, and only size dictates the caliber used.

If your enemy has no means in which to defend himself at range? He has to close the distance with you to do damage. No matter if it's a guy armed with a knife or axe, a Bear, a Lion, a Elephant or a Squatch. You have to make sure he doesn't close that distance with you.

Again we are talking charges here, how you HUNT each animal or man whatever is a entirely different matter.

Technically the Sasquatch do throw things, and this may account for many of their kills. Break a cows or a deer's ribs with a rock, run it down, and break its neck. Their strength is accounted for when we find deer and bovine with their necks snapped and legs twisted off O.o Ribs are often found to be crushed in forming a round shape. If it can hit a deer, it sure as heck can hit a person which has much less impressive reflexes. Not saying that they would use that against a person in the first place, but one has to take in all of the possibilities before going out. As I have said, most of the hunters/researchers have families to feed and nothing to gain at all for their research/evidence. Would be terrible to die in the field due to a slip up or overlooked factor.

Also take note that most of the areas they are found in, or will retreat to, easily have 3-4x the cover than what those men in the video were in. This coupled with the immense intelligence makes me think that a foolish move or a brazen one such as a charge would be very unlikely and unnecessary.

Again, I would say without a doubt that this is the most dangerous hunt that can be undertaken by multiples. Do be careful. Do not assume anything that could lead to a underestimation. And do try to listen to everyone who claims to have something to know, have to be a great listener to be successful here. ALOT/Most of the things we know today we called utter BS and ridiculous yesterday. Just remember, some/most people still think these things are just a ape with the mental capacity of a Chimpanzee.... :lol::rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents :D

It has been said before, and someone in chat last night said it again, "Their curiosity greatly outweighs any aggression." Seems to ring true also, they are more curious than they are anything, and may well not expect someone wondering in the "Back yard" to try and blow them away. To get them to become physically dangerous, I am sure one would have to provoke them WITH physical danger. A wild animal that is out to get you will not merely LET you see it, but will be as stealthy and sneaky as it's ability will allow. So it is a safe bet that if you encounter one of these, it is not out to get you.

Possibly. And there are two kinds of threats from wild animals:

1)I'm hunting you and going to eat you.

2)Your in my space, I don't like you, and your going to pay.

Generally number 2 isn't a stealthy encounter, it's raw and in your face.

From what I gather, to understand what you are hunting, give a human the strength of 20 and the senses of a wild predator. Most people that go out into the woods are bound by full time jobs, tight budgets, and families to feed. You do nothing but SPEND money while in the field, and this will not change until Science gets involved. The most fortunate of us cannot go out into the field for more than a week or two at a time, and the rest can only buy a weekend.

Most people, maybe all, cannot move through the woods but at a pace of 2-3 MPH at best. That pace is going to slow tremendously if you are tracking and having to pay extremely close attention to detail. We are at a disadvantage here because the Sasquatch is merely moving away, it doesn't have to do anything but walk. The Sasquatch skin is much much thicker than our own, and the strength surpasses any two men, allowing them the ability to blow through vegetative obstructions as though it wasn't even their, whereas it brings us to a complete stop and often we have to go around. Couple that with noted backtracking(Which can set back a skilled hunter for hours even) and the fact that they use water ways as highways, things start to get really....hairy....XD

The tracked are ALWAYS at a disadvantage with the tracker. Because no matter what anything does it cannot erase it's trace evidence as it passes through the forest. Speed isn't a problem because it cannot run forever and multiple trackers can take shifts on the track way constantly bringing pressure. Generally speaking your right, most people are amateurs and are perfectly happy to camp on a few tracks, cast them and go home. Let's put it this way, I would not want the Selous Scouts on my track, I don't care if I was 9 ft. tall or not. They are going to track their target down and drop it, no questions asked.

http://selousscouts.tripod.com/combat_tracking.htm

All of this is noted in daylight, it all becomes a bigger problem by exponential amounts at night time. Also take note that you will almost have to have large flashlights on to make it uninjured at night, that is as good a warning that you are coming as any. Forget about it in that situation, if they get curious and decide to come close you will get the shot, but if they switch into "Get away" mode you are going to keel over before you get close.

No. In a "combat" situation your going to use a red lens light that doesn't destroy your night vision. And white light to stun and engage the enemy. This is very old school and doesn't apply to modern tactics at all, because our Soldiers and Marines all wear PVS 14's that turn night into day.

Keep in mind also, that the figure in the PGF, which was walking, moved at about 6 MPH. Most fit men cannot run that fast, much less a man with hunting gear on him.

Most men cannot run 6 mph???? The current world record for the 100 meter dash is 23.4 mph. So for an average man? Cut that in half.

Just because they have thicker bones and longer legs, that fact alone will allow them to move faster than any man. Walking, at least with the Homo Sapien anatomy, burns very few to no calories, what is a relaxed walk in the park for a 9 foot tall Sasquatch is a murderous pace for us. Add on that they are right out in better shape than any of us and are more experienced in that environment than any man, and you will probably fail to pursue.

Never mind the fact that I disagree that Squatch isn't set up for endurance the way we are. Can he outrun a radio? 4x4 pickup trucks? Aerial spotter craft? The reason Squatch hasn't been tracked down is because there has never been a concerted effort to TRY. If any body has any info to the contrary, I'd love to hear it.

I would say that they could simply disappear up a tree or lay flat on the ground after a successful backtrack, but I am factoring that all of the human members are professional level trackers.

You cannot have it both ways, he cannot be King Kong in one breath and then a Leprechaun in the next. It doesn't work that way in the wild. Large animals can be stealthy in the woods, but disappear?

If you want to think about the factors and potential dangers if they turn on you, well they kill elk with rocks, so your guns will not even out the playing field.

Let's assume for a moment that they lay in ambush and hit elk with a large rock, in your mind that negates two or three high powered rifles aimed at him?

I think this little video plays to my point perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC7ddUhYxAI

They will be in numbers of 3 or more and you will likely be unsuccessful in high numbers over 5 unless you have enough to surround a region(100 or more?) Virtually limitless strength in comparison to man, if one gets close to someone, it is over.

I think we are coming round robin back to the concept of the Sasquatch army.

I would imagine that the best/most likely way the kill will happen is through a habituation sight. Just imagine if their were heavily armed hunters on the Kentucky property? Just install one way windows with a small slit for a gun, stake it out, bait them in time and time again, then after a month or two start getting ready for the shot. Make them comfortable, leave the food out very often and not far from the tree line. Maybe have a set up on all corners of the house, with bait in sight of the one way window. When you feel you will nail the sucker, take the shot. You will only get one chance, as obviously, once they have been shot at they will move far away to another area. Just food for thought, as always :D

If they were this easily habituated, why not have the curator of the Smithsonian just come out and sit in the blind with you? I'm not saying your idea of a blind setup isn't valid as a hunting strategy. But the reason we do not have a Jane Goodall documenting the species with the full force of the scientific community is because this has never happened. And if it is happening, there is no need for me to shoot one to prove it exists.

They are potentially stealthier than we are, he have poor sense in comparison to most any wild creature which impedes this.

They are obviously faster and more fit for a run. You will not catch up to one if it decides to run.

They are stronger....obviously.

Tbh their are few if any things I would give a hunter over one in the field.

I disagree on a lot of levels here, but I will just say, boiled down to brass tacks that you attribute a lot more capabilities to a Squatch than I do. I especially do not subscribe to the Sasquatch army theory. I.e. A group of hunters goes into the woods and wounds a Squatch, and then mysteriously out of the wood work comes a army of vengeful Squatch that then shreds the hunters to pieces. It follows the script of a B rated movie. A lot of legend and folk lore both Native and European have attributed a lot of things to this species. But the fact remains.

Patty was by herself and Gimlin could have shot her.

Roe observed a female by herself and could have shot her.

Bindernagel's Canadian hunter shot one during a Moose hunting trip, it died and he spent considerable time examining the body.

Ape canyon has the miner's shooting one and it fell off of a cliff, they were then attacked at their cabin by a number of Squatch (maybe this is where the idea comes from).

We have two forum members that could have shot one, but chose not to for fear of a inadequate caliber.

The list really goes on and on.

If we are dealing with an bipedal ape then we have a very good idea of what it's capabilities are, and that is where I am in this venture. If it's a wild human, or an alien or a shape shifter, then I may be underestimating it.........yes. But I always practice the boy scout motto and I'll be as ready to go as I ever was, and if he turns his cloaking device on and shoots death rays at me, I guess I'll deal with that when the time comes. I'm a bit of a pragmatist, and that's what I have to go on.

Possibly. And there are two kinds of threats from wild animals:

1)I'm hunting you and going to eat you.

2)Your in my space, I don't like you, and your going to pay.

Generally number 2 isn't a stealthy encounter, it's raw and in your face.

1. The tracked are ALWAYS at a disadvantage with the tracker. Because no matter what anything does it cannot erase it's trace evidence as it passes through the forest. Speed isn't a problem because it cannot run forever and multiple trackers can take shifts on the track way constantly bringing pressure. Generally speaking your right, most people are amateurs and are perfectly happy to camp on a few tracks, cast them and go home. Let's put it this way, I would not want the Selous Scouts on my track, I don't care if I was 9 ft. tall or not. They are going to track their target down and drop it, no questions asked.

http://selousscouts.tripod.com/combat_tracking.htm

No. In a "combat" situation your going to use a red lens light that doesn't destroy your night vision. And white light to stun and engage the enemy. This is very old school and doesn't apply to modern tactics at all, because our Soldiers and Marines all wear PVS 14's that turn night into day.

Most men cannot run 6 mph???? The current world record for the 100 meter dash is 23.4 mph. So for an average man? Cut that in half.

2. Never mind the fact that I disagree that Squatch isn't set up for endurance the way we are. Can he outrun a radio? 4x4 pickup trucks? Aerial spotter craft? The reason Squatch hasn't been tracked down is because there has never been a concerted effort to TRY. If any body has any info to the contrary, I'd love to hear it.

3. You cannot have it both ways, he cannot be King Kong in one breath and then a Leprechaun in the next. It doesn't work that way in the wild. Large animals can be stealthy in the woods, but disappear?

4. Let's assume for a moment that they lay in ambush and hit elk with a large rock, in your mind that negates two or three high powered rifles aimed at him?

I think this little video plays to my point perfectly.

I think we are coming round robin back to the concept of the Sasquatch army.

5. If they were this easily habituated, why not have the curator of the Smithsonian just come out and sit in the blind with you? I'm not saying your idea of a blind setup isn't valid as a hunting strategy. But the reason we do not have a Jane Goodall documenting the species with the full force of the scientific community is because this has never happened. And if it is happening, there is no need for me to shoot one to prove it exists.

6. I disagree on a lot of levels here, but I will just say, boiled down to brass tacks that you attribute a lot more capabilities to a Squatch than I do. I especially do not subscribe to the Sasquatch army theory. I.e. A group of hunters goes into the woods and wounds a Squatch, and then mysteriously out of the wood work comes a army of vengeful Squatch that then shreds the hunters to pieces. It follows the script of a B rated movie. A lot of legend and folk lore both Native and European have attributed a lot of things to this species. But the fact remains.

7. Patty was by herself and Gimlin could have shot her.

Roe observed a female by herself and could have shot her.

Bindernagel's Canadian hunter shot one during a Moose hunting trip, it died and he spent considerable time examining the body.

Ape canyon has the miner's shooting one and it fell off of a cliff, they were then attacked at their cabin by a number of Squatch (maybe this is where the idea comes from).

We have two forum members that could have shot one, but chose not to for fear of a inadequate caliber.

The list really goes on and on.

If we are dealing with an bipedal ape then we have a very good idea of what it's capabilities are, and that is where I am in this venture. If it's a wild human, or an alien or a shape shifter, then I may be underestimating it.........yes. But I always practice the boy scout motto and I'll be as ready to go as I ever was, and if he turns his cloaking device on and shoots death rays at me, I guess I'll deal with that when the time comes. I'm a bit of a pragmatist, and that's what I have to go on.

1. No, a normal adult human can barely eek out 6 mph, and that is what most people currently in the field are, very busy people with alot of experience and a helluva hobby. And they cannot hold that pace for long at all. Keep in mind that those runners live, eat, and breathe running. They do not have full time jobs and train a lifetime to accomplish that feat, coupled with likely steroid usage and fantastic genetics. A normal man does not have the money or access to high level PEDs and does not even exercise at all. The Sasquatch can likely keep up their top speed alot longer than those runners can, and can surely keep up 3-6 MPH(Walking speed) longer than we can through the woods continuously.

Yes, I was talking about what we have now, with no money coming in :P Of course with the right amount of money, we could bag 5 of these suckers in no time flat with no casualties(Dead FGs) But most all of us cannot afford the expensive equipment, are not skilled trackers, and do not have much time at all to execute the plans. The big things, pro trackers, modern equipment, and huge manpower come in AFTER funding is allowed, as many see it AFTER the first one is shot dead. Pointless to go after any more if 1 body does not do it anyway IMHO though. Just a waste then. It is one thing to be a skeptic, but I think even now what the problem is has to be Scofftics.

2. You aren't going to be chasing a Sasquatch in a wheeled vehicle, that should be plainly obvious. Helicopter's and radios though, hell yes! :D But we don't have that, we cannot afford that right now.

I agree wholeheartedly with you though. The ONLY reason we have not got one is we have not had the resources to do so. It would be painfully easy if that was even remotely available. What hunter wouldn't want to do it under those circumstances? They would have a field day with these big guys!

3. They do it all the time, the human eye is attracted to movement like any other. How many times has someone recalled staring right at one unknowingly and never knew it until it turned around and walked off? It happens. Yes with the right equipment that would never happen, but most hunters are only with a nice flashlight and wits right now. Also you cannot find it if you never get on its track and dogs are only useful until they catch up with them. Would be enough to get you ON track though and would be a huge help in staying that way, and that is first and foremost. DO NOT turn the dogs off after them. Just a wasted resource and some dead dogs.

4. The point was that the danger is not just within grabbing distance, but long distance is potentially deadly as well. One dead hunter is to many, and one hit from something that breaks a elks ribs could well do the trick. You won't have the rifles trained on what is throwing the rocks, people rarely if ever see the rock thrower, disadvantage for unfunded us. I would doubt to a small degree, however, that they would resort to that if being pursued and would be even less likely to resort to it until the first shot was fired.

5. That is supposedly how the Kentucky project got started. Apparently it DOES happen, but from what I can tell the property owners rarely see the Bigfoots. It seems they do get used to people, but over a period of years, IE the Siege at Honobia. I was just saying, what if they had a more aggressive approach to the Erickson Project, and just wanted to blow ones head right off O.o

6. Obviously if a squad of former US Commando's goes out after them, it isn't going to matter. But I was still under the idea of the 4 or 5 skilled hunters with adequate firepower and affordable equipment. Some think, and I agree, that they are very rarely alone and usually in groups of 3 or 4. You shoot one, what are you going to do if 3 bum rush you ALA Gorilla's? You have to kill the whole troop to get the baby with those...We are horribly frail animals.

7. It comes from several places. Teddy Roosevelt's story as well. It isn't worth risking that they WON'T attack when provoked, always best to assume that the worst scenario is what is going to pan out, that way you don't die B)

I think you fail to realize just how pathetically weak our bodies are even when compared to more recent extinct species. The rocks that the Sasquatch are throwing kill large animals...Never heard of one of us doing that. That is something I would REALLY like to know when going after one XD I have seen people paralyzed by falling onto the ground. And a mere Chimpanzee, much smaller than we are, is about 10x stronger than we are...Imagine the 800lbs Sasquatch.

Edited by Xion Comrade

I'm not trying to be a wiseguy, but really, how come these guys didn't find Eric Rudolph when he was hiding in the woods in relatively small area of the Southern Appalachians for two years while being sought by what had been called the biggest and most equipped manhunt ever?

Guest tracker

I'm not trying to be a wiseguy, but really, how come these guys didn't find Eric Rudolph when he was hiding in the woods in relatively small area of the Southern Appalachians for two years while being sought by what had been called the biggest and most equipped manhunt ever?

Maybe he anti-tracked who knows? There's many ways to elude trackers even dogs. Also those guys were on the clock,$ So after a while they got to produce or wrap it up. Then wait for the next lead and by the time they get back into the field he's relocated. Surviving two years in the mountains is more amazing, did he have help?

Hey I thought Rudolph lived further north? :)

Guest tracker

Yup. Life is filled with risk, error, bad luck, etc.

There are no guarantees. Hunting dangerous game is..............dangerous.

Hey can someone post that lion link or any others like it in the " Just Hunting" thread (field) Then we can kick it around and talk about our own experiences that give us some of the skills to hunt Sasq. I am inexperienced at posting pics and vids without them turning up to be just links.

Even with that vids limited angles and time line, I still see major screw ups. Ah what do I know, I am old school. right? dry.gif

1. No, a normal adult human can barely eek out 6 mph, and that is what most people currently in the field are, very busy people with alot of experience and a helluva hobby. And they cannot hold that pace for long at all. Keep in mind that those runners live, eat, and breathe running. They do not have full time jobs and train a lifetime to accomplish that feat, coupled with likely steroid usage and fantastic genetics. A normal man does not have the money or access to high level PEDs and does not even exercise at all. The Sasquatch can likely keep up their top speed alot longer than those runners can, and can surely keep up 3-6 MPH(Walking speed) longer than we can through the woods continuously.

So it's your personal opinion that if Sasquatch entered the NY Marathon? He would win? He lacks a longitudinal arch you know that right?

Yes, I was talking about what we have now, with no money coming in :P Of course with the right amount of money, we could bag 5 of these suckers in no time flat with no casualties(Dead FGs) But most all of us cannot afford the expensive equipment, are not skilled trackers, and do not have much time at all to execute the plans. The big things, pro trackers, modern equipment, and huge manpower come in AFTER funding is allowed, as many see it AFTER the first one is shot dead. Pointless to go after any more if 1 body does not do it anyway IMHO though. Just a waste then. It is one thing to be a skeptic, but I think even now what the problem is has to be Scofftics.

I have radios, I have mules, I have a couple of 4x4's, I even have a friend that has a pilot's license.

2. You aren't going to be chasing a Sasquatch in a wheeled vehicle, that should be plainly obvious. Helicopter's and radios though, hell yes! :D But we don't have that, we cannot afford that right now.

Why should that be plainly obvious? If the chase is taking place on the National Forest and not a Wilderness area? Not only can I partially chase him with a wheeled vehicle? But I could shoot an azimuth of his route of march and place a blocking party ahead of him. (Most National Forest's are honey combed with road systems.)

I agree wholeheartedly with you though. The ONLY reason we have not got one is we have not had the resources to do so. It would be painfully easy if that was even remotely available. What hunter wouldn't want to do it under those circumstances? They would have a field day with these big guys!

Well alas all we have to work with is what we have.

3. They do it all the time, the human eye is attracted to movement like any other. How many times has someone recalled staring right at one unknowingly and never knew it until it turned around and walked off? It happens. Yes with the right equipment that would never happen, but most hunters are only with a nice flashlight and wits right now. Also you cannot find it if you never get on its track and dogs are only useful until they catch up with them. Would be enough to get you ON track though and would be a huge help in staying that way, and that is first and foremost. DO NOT turn the dogs off after them. Just a wasted resource and some dead dogs.

Humans have trichromatic vision, it's top notch. Now apes also have trichromatic vision, but lack good night vision because of it. So either Squatch doesn't have good night vision and shares our vision, or he is something completely different. If he lacks trichromatic vision then we have a leg up on him, because he is partially color blind.

4. The point was that the danger is not just within grabbing distance, but long distance is potentially deadly as well. One dead hunter is to many, and one hit from something that breaks a elks ribs could well do the trick. You won't have the rifles trained on what is throwing the rocks, people rarely if ever see the rock thrower, disadvantage for unfunded us. I would doubt to a small degree, however, that they would resort to that if being pursued and would be even less likely to resort to it until the first shot was fired.

I'm not saying there is not danger by rock throwing, but it's a woefully inadequate defense with modern high powered rifles. Speed kills.

5. That is supposedly how the Kentucky project got started. Apparently it DOES happen, but from what I can tell the property owners rarely see the Bigfoots. It seems they do get used to people, but over a period of years, IE the Siege at Honobia. I was just saying, what if they had a more aggressive approach to the Erickson Project, and just wanted to blow ones head right off O.o

If the Erickson project has habituated Squatch? Then they do not need me. You just take the skeptics out there to meet "Koko", and that is that. (if they ain't seeing them there is a problem there)

6. Obviously if a squad of former US Commando's goes out after them, it isn't going to matter. But I was still under the idea of the 4 or 5 skilled hunters with adequate firepower and affordable equipment. Some think, and I agree, that they are very rarely alone and usually in groups of 3 or 4. You shoot one, what are you going to do if 3 bum rush you ALA Gorilla's? You have to kill the whole troop to get the baby with those...We are horribly frail animals.

Well that's the question, what tactics should be employed.

7. It comes from several places. Teddy Roosevelt's story as well. It isn't worth risking that they WON'T attack when provoked, always best to assume that the worst scenario is what is going to pan out, that way you don't die B)

That story always caught me as odd. I guess Bauman's buddy let his guard down, but it doesn't seem likely for a trapper who has survived trapping in Indian country all those years.

I think you fail to realize just how pathetically weak our bodies are even when compared to more recent extinct species. The rocks that the Sasquatch are throwing kill large animals...Never heard of one of us doing that. That is something I would REALLY like to know when going after one XD I have seen people paralyzed by falling onto the ground. And a mere Chimpanzee, much smaller than we are, is about 10x stronger than we are...Imagine the 800lbs Sasquatch.

The reason I posted the video is to not show how strong humans are, but that speed and dexterity beats brawn almost every time. I would not trade my rifle in for being 9 ft tall and the ability to heave 100 lbs rocks some distance.

But the rock throwing capability is interesting and a consideration if a person is hunting one.

Guest vilnoori

Getting back to the question of capture vs. kill, there is no doubt that a live sasquatch would have more value to the scientists than a dead one. Even a dead one could be mistaken for a hairy, pituitary tumour giant that has gone nuts or something. And there is one arsenal that is greater than guns, or even tranquilizer darts. That is drugs. Drugs are the bondage of choice for that other hard to contain creature, the crazed human being. We don't bother with asylums any more, because with drugs these days the bondage is invisible.

And don't think you need to be a doctor to have access to powerful sedatives. One of the best ones out there, and cheapest, are opiates. If you have a great deal of pain any time in your life you will no doubt be given some, maybe on a regular basis and you know how well it makes you sleepy and happy without a care in the world. You can buy it on the street (heroin) illegally or obtain it (morphine, codeine) through a friend who is a vet, dentist or doctor. You can fake some kind of painful event and hoard a bunch of Tylenol 3's even. There are ways. You just have to figure out how much is going to take down a 1000 pound creature, instead of 200 pounds. How much does it take to put you to sleep? Or you can go with over the counter sleeping drugs. Or black market knock-out drugs. If you really are set on it.

Then you need to set up a habituation of sorts, a feeding station where biggie is coming often for treats. You need to lace something fairly small with a heck of a lot of stuff so it works fast. Maybe a sweet drink. Hopefully you have only one visitor so when biggie goes for his long nap and is transported out by your prepared support team no family members of his object. And you better have enough dope on hand to keep biggie in a sleepy, happy state for a very long time, or as long as it takes for him to be documented by science before he is released back into the wild. It probably should be injectable in case he figures out that it is the food that is making him sleepy. You need the control and the option, anyway.

Really, this is the best way. You get a body, a live one, and you don't commit murder or trespass the game laws. Depending on how you obtained the dope, of course. Maybe it's better to get a doctor, dentist or vet as part of your team who will play along. I'm sure that wouldn't be that difficult for a biggish organization.

Getting back to the question of capture vs. kill, there is no doubt that a live sasquatch would have more value to the scientists than a dead one. Even a dead one could be mistaken for a hairy, pituitary tumour giant that has gone nuts or something. And there is one arsenal that is greater than guns, or even tranquilizer darts. That is drugs. Drugs are the bondage of choice for that other hard to contain creature, the crazed human being. We don't bother with asylums any more, because with drugs these days the bondage is invisible.

And don't think you need to be a doctor to have access to powerful sedatives. One of the best ones out there, and cheapest, are opiates. If you have a great deal of pain any time in your life you will no doubt be given some, maybe on a regular basis and you know how well it makes you sleepy and happy without a care in the world. You can buy it on the street (heroin) illegally or obtain it (morphine, codeine) through a friend who is a vet, dentist or doctor. You can fake some kind of painful event and hoard a bunch of Tylenol 3's even. There are ways. You just have to figure out how much is going to take down a 1000 pound creature, instead of 200 pounds. How much does it take to put you to sleep? Or you can go with over the counter sleeping drugs. Or black market knock-out drugs. If you really are set on it.

Then you need to set up a habituation of sorts, a feeding station where biggie is coming often for treats. You need to lace something fairly small with a heck of a lot of stuff so it works fast. Maybe a sweet drink. Hopefully you have only one visitor so when biggie goes for his long nap and is transported out by your prepared support team no family members of his object. And you better have enough dope on hand to keep biggie in a sleepy, happy state for a very long time, or as long as it takes for him to be documented by science before he is released back into the wild. It probably should be injectable in case he figures out that it is the food that is making him sleepy. You need the control and the option, anyway.

Really, this is the best way. You get a body, a live one, and you don't commit murder or trespass the game laws. Depending on how you obtained the dope, of course. Maybe it's better to get a doctor, dentist or vet as part of your team who will play along. I'm sure that wouldn't be that difficult for a biggish organization.

I see a few problems with this:

1)Game laws can also include illegal "trapping" as well as poaching. So you may not be circumventing the law with your plan.

2)At least here in the states, buying opiate style drugs in bulk (1000 LBS animal) are going to raise a few red flags (go drug war!) In Canada you can buy codeine over the counter, so it may be easier up there.

3)So biggie drinks the "sweet drink" gets up and stumbles off into the woods for a nap. Then what? There are some serious logistics that go into capturing and holding a dangerous 1000 lbs animal.

I see this as a great idea for researchers ONCE the species has been proven. But the logistics and organization of a hunting party is bad enough, let alone a catch and hold plan. I'm a hunter and I'm good at it, where as a plan like this is way outside of my experience. I'd either over dose him and kill him or he would kill me while I was trying to roll him into a metal cage, because it wore off.

Heck Vil, you set it up and I'll manhandle the cage and stand shotgun over you, but your going to have to provide the expertise on something like that.

This is for discussion on how any of us would go about trying to capture or if needed to kill a very fast, powerfull and intelligent creature...

Whats your plan?

I would use heavy equipment.

I find there are very few problems in life that can't be solved with heavy equipment. :P

I would use heavy equipment.

I find there are very few problems in life that can't be solved with heavy equipment. :P

I have a buddy that shot his bull elk within a couple of miles of the log landing he was working on.

A grappler skidder makes quick work of a elk "pack out". :)

It would be our luck that Sasquatch has a paradoxical reaction to the opiates or codeine. I can see it now, a hyper bigfoot having an anxiety attack and knocking us and all of the trees down. If you plan to capture, you need to have "kill" in the back of your mind because we really don't know how any kind of drugs might react on them. A vet would raise some flags ordering a large amount here unless he provided services for large farm animals such as cows or horses. The thing of it is , you have chain of custody with narcotics and once you moved those to the field you couldn't put them back in the stock, you would have to waste them, say you dropped the container on the floor or something, since it's a board of pharmacy requirement here. What's wrong with liquor, can't we just get the sasquatch drunk enough to pass out? I bet he would love some of my muscadine wine. :lol:

1. So it's your personal opinion that if Sasquatch entered the NY Marathon? He would win? He lacks a longitudinal arch you know that right?

I have radios, I have mules, I have a couple of 4x4's, I even have a friend that has a pilot's license.

2. Why should that be plainly obvious? If the chase is taking place on the National Forest and not a Wilderness area? Not only can I partially chase him with a wheeled vehicle? But I could shoot an azimuth of his route of march and place a blocking party ahead of him. (Most National Forest's are honey combed with road systems.)

Well alas all we have to work with is what we have.

3. Humans have trichromatic vision, it's top notch. Now apes also have trichromatic vision, but lack good night vision because of it. So either Squatch doesn't have good night vision and shares our vision, or he is something completely different. If he lacks trichromatic vision then we have a leg up on him, because he is partially color blind.

4. I'm not saying there is not danger by rock throwing, but it's a woefully inadequate defense with modern high powered rifles. Speed kills.

5. If the Erickson project has habituated Squatch? Then they do not need me. You just take the skeptics out there to meet "Koko", and that is that. (if they ain't seeing them there is a problem there)

Well that's the question, what tactics should be employed.

6. That story always caught me as odd. I guess Bauman's buddy let his guard down, but it doesn't seem likely for a trapper who has survived trapping in Indian country all those years.

The reason I posted the video is to not show how strong humans are, but that speed and dexterity beats brawn almost every time. I would not trade my rifle in for being 9 ft tall and the ability to heave 100 lbs rocks some distance.

But the rock throwing capability is interesting and a consideration if a person is hunting one.

1. Maybe not a full marathon, as one cannot deny what you said earlier their calorie burn would have to be awesome. But as far as top speeds go, and keeping the top speed, absolutely. With great ease even without going into 4x4(could be aided by the Midtarsal break!).

Basically if any of our fastest runners were made to run from one, not only would it catch them, but it would be able to keep up that pace longer. Bone density and muscle "Connectors" have to play a part, as they govern the forces exerted. Obviously the Sasquatch have much denser bones(as do all early hominids) than we do, and have a much more athletically proper anatomy. Did you know that a gorilla can top out around 20 MPH? Guess what else can run 4x4?! Whether you believe it or not, Sasquatch do have to run down deer on occasion. Even the recent Neanderthals would hunt prey using melee combat. Not that this is the better way to hunt XD

2. Chasing a sasquatch through the forest in a 4 wheeled vehicle...No. What are you going to do if he retreats to water? In the case of using a jeep, which is just ugh, what about trees? The hunt is going to happen in extremely dense growth, you can forget chasing one down in a vehicle. If you don't run smack into a tree or rock, or blow out a tire, break a axle? Chasing one through the forest in a vehicle is impossible, THAT is plainly obvious.

But I do see your point now! Maybe catch one in a wilderness area encircled by a field, or just one end with a field. Use trackers ON FOOT, as that is the only way it would happen, you cannot track something this hard to follow on a vehicle. Maybe even give them dogs to heighten the pressure. Have a helicopter over head tracking the Giant, use the trackers to pressure and flush the big guy out into the field, where armed vehicles position themselves using information relayed via radio from the trackers and helicopter operators. The tracker's don't have to catch up to it if the area they are flushing it to already has people stationed anticipating it's arrival. The trackers will not have to fire at them but merely apply the pressure in a wide spread area and thus will be much less likely to fall into a dangerous situation, the men in the field can simply tranquilize. Everybody is happy, no risk of homicide, no pissed off public, end of story :D What you think? You know better than I do...

3. I would say it is possible that their night vision is like ours. If we were to stay "in the wild" for months on end, often being up and about at night, our eyes will actually adjust to the night giving us a sort of night vision. Completely different from what we normally experience. I would say it is similar for them. They have adjusted to "night vision" because they use it so often. Knowing the terrain like the back of their hands has to help them some also. I have known some Vietnam veterans who remarked that sometimes before a night conflict they would come upon a hill they knew the enemy was entrenched in. They would nail them with powerful spotlights and for a few seconds you could see the red eye shine, similar to a Sasquatches. Interesting stuff either way :D

4. Yeah, especially when we got rifles that blow through trees for big game >.< But negating the fact that they kill large game with rocks(A task in and of itself to get in range without spooking the critters, they would be well into the woods if you missed with the rocks, leading me to believe that if they wanted to hit you they simply could not miss something as slow as we are)

Personally if you were briefing me for a hunt, and didn't tell me about this, I would take it the same way as if we were going to gun down a troop of Gorillas and you failed to tell me about the one really really big one, that is the front runner and over twice the size of the rest of them XD Talk about a huge thing to overlook!!!

5. Yeah, I guess it is a testament to the elusiveness of these critters. Most if not all of the people involved, including Bindernagel got to see at least one of the Forest Giants just around the house O.o But you know how most skeptics are, they could run smack into one and still say they don't exist >.<

6. Yeah I would imagine that the guy was just frozen in awe as most people are who see one out in plain view, crappy way to die O.o But they are probably near impossible to detect when in "Kill mode" seeing as how they sneak up on deer and the like.

You noted the story of the man who killed one without problem at the break of the century in British Columbia and that got me thinking! In that area, it is not a stretch to say that the Sasquatch had never been around man at all. In those deep recesses that is very likely. Thus without ever observing may not know what in the world to think of us and our guns in particular. They would either be more likely to completely ignore us as in Montana and certain parts of Canada, or see us as easy food in harsher areas O.o I guess it works both ways, we are not around them much so we call them apes, they are not around us much so they call us Twinkies >.<

I guess the one that got shot just had no experience and did not know we were dangerous, was probably preoccupied with the Moose the hunter was chasing as well. Could be something to think about when looking for that perfect area to make the kill, but I still prefer a live take down...

2. Then you need to set up a habituation of sorts, a feeding station where biggie is coming often for treats. You need to lace something fairly small with a heck of a lot of stuff so it works fast. Maybe a sweet drink. Hopefully you have only one visitor so when biggie goes for his long nap and is transported out by your prepared support team no family members of his object. And you better have enough dope on hand to keep biggie in a sleepy, happy state for a very long time, or as long as it takes for him to be documented by science before he is released back into the wild. It probably should be injectable in case he figures out that it is the food that is making him sleepy. You need the control and the option, anyway.

1. Really, this is the best way. You get a body, a live one, and you don't commit murder or trespass the game laws. Depending on how you obtained the dope, of course. Maybe it's better to get a doctor, dentist or vet as part of your team who will play along. I'm sure that wouldn't be that difficult for a biggish organization.

1. This is exactly my biggest beef with killing one. They talk like a man, walk like a man, and look like a "Cave man". They do not behave like a ape to any extreme degrees either. Most if not all native cultures all over the world accept them as just another type of Indian and the general public does not want one killed in the first place, they just don't care. I would have no problem with the idea of blowing one away if it weren't for the risk of them being human, they just aren't "Ape" enough though.

If someone does bag one and bring it in, and it is a Hominid, they will be burned alive. No question about it. I cannot realistically see how anyone would want a cave man dead merely to "Discover" them. This is a hobby, through and through. It is supposed to be fun/exciting and a way to get away from the hustle and bustle. To me it would be much funner to experiment with other more high tech ways to prove that they exist than blowing the hell out of em O.o

2. You could just tazer him like that bull XD I would say that after you get him and strap him down, he can scream and yell all he wants. No reason to waste anything after that. **** you could just get some blood tbh...

Edited by Xion Comrade