Missing 411

I read both books that are now out and found them very interesting... I don't know what Cervalo is talking about with the wormholes....where did that come from? It's not in the books, anyway.

Mysterious disappearances are interesting because they are mysterious. I don't know if bigfoot ate any of those people....but I bet they ate some of them.

It did seem to me that sometimes he was emphasizing the drama or mystery or tweaking it just so it would fit into the book or seem more interesting than it really was--a slight slant to his journalism. IMO that was a bad idea because his law enforcement background and Joe Friday writing style imply objectivity and lend credence to his material. I am personally willing to tolerate that in the name of the entertainment and information provided by the books.

I pretty much believed his stories. At any rate, you won't catch me wearing a red shirt when I go hiking.

Listening to Coast to Coast on youtube it sounds like bright yellow also or any bright coloured clothing. So I quess you don't wear that until you need search and rescue to find you.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably already been posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmaeiV6Fmks

Coast to Coast interview with David Paulides

The very first thing I thought of was the story of the skier in the cascades that got separated from the group and is tracked taking ridiculous routes and chances in mountainous terrain........and he is never found. The story is really old, I am guessing 40s to 50s time frame.

Listening to Coast to Coast on youtube it sounds like bright yellow also or any bright coloured clothing. So I quess you don't wear that until you need search and rescue to find you.

Unless directed by the Washington fish and game to dress like a mushroom picker? I always naturally choose to pick mundane colors that blend in.......I don't know why but I do not like to be noticed in the woods. I even avoid people and cars......I'll step off the trail or road and into the bush. It's not even something I can explain, other than its a very deep seated emotion. Because in a social setting I'm fine around people.

I don't know why but I do not like to be noticed in the woods. I even avoid people and cars......I'll step off the trail or road and into the bush. It's not even something I can explain, other than its a very deep seated emotion. Because in a social setting I'm fine around people.

That makes at least two of us. It seems proper and odd at the same time.

Admin
The very first thing I thought of was the story of the skier in the cascades that got separated from the group and is tracked taking ridiculous routes and chances in mountainous terrain........and he is never found. The story is really old, I am guessing 40s to 50s time frame.

"The apes got him...."

Norseman and Woodwalker, make that 3. I only want to be noticed when I want to be noticed. It is a disadvantage for animals/people to know your location when you may not want them to. I have that instinct too.

Make that 4 invisible is good!

Me, I just stopped saying "Hi!" when I'm sitting 15 ft back off a trail, and other people walk past... it'll cause a heart attack or something...

I like dull colors also, funny thing, seem to get closer to deer when wearing dark blue

I almost always wear my bright pink columbia when camping in the national forests. I make a perimiter, and I stay within it. I play loud music and do interesting things, like make fire. There are "secondary" perimiters made, such as to the creek for water. I try to be as "dependable" in my actions as possible when in the deep dark of the woods. These are not "developed" campsites, but obviously places that people have camped before. It's a "people" place at that point. Not intrusive or intruding or startling or disturing, it's just people being in a "people" place. Like people walking on a trail might be good to look at.

I like to think that doing this increases the chance that curiosity will.....be curious.

And I would much rather by a million have an encounter with the big guy because he was relaxed and curious and interested in watching my "people TV" rather than startling a sketchy young male. I put the sound recorder just outside the perimiter, and the game cam is ALWAYS aimed right at the truck where we sleep. Because. You know why.

Then I take a lot of still photos, some vids. I look for prints by the creek. I've found two seperate single prints in four years, not a stellar return, I know. But I am ever hopeful.

So I am not in the "blendy" colors camp. But there are rules that I have made for myself that go along with that.