Missing 411

Guest Cervelo

OS,

This is easier to do than you think, I've had one heart stopper in our little hills in the Shenandoah NP, daytime, perfect weather, no issues just not paying attention looking around then opps that was close!

It's hard to explain till it happens to you, the only analogy is texting while driving next thing you know Blammo!

Guest OntarioSquatch

I'm sure that is a likely scenario, but using it as a conclusion for a particular case without the right evidence doesn't seem right.

Got disoriented and fell off a cliff? I'm interested to know what evidence that conclusion was based on.

OntarioSquatch,

Sorry my post was not clear.

The guy actually survived and told his story.

Below is a link to the story (his name was Charlie Hench).

http://www.intrepid-optimist.com/content/lost-mountains

I believe this case was presented in the show titled "I Should Not be Alive".

I am almost done the second book now, and I have to say there is a hi degree of strangeness here. I think there is a lot to think about in these books, if your not a Bigfooter, or any other number of "alternative" theorist, it does not take from the overall feel of the books strangeness, or mystery. It may come down to, what happens to the Human mind when suddenly they are dis-orientated and lost? What is going on that makes them make the strange decisions they do? How do some of these children cover so much ground? etc. Even if you just want an interesting read, it is that. Have you read them Cervelo? If not you should, I think with your out doorsy, love a good mystery nature, you would really enjoy them.

Guest OntarioSquatch

OntarioSquatch,

Sorry my post was not clear.

The guy actually survived and told his story.

Below is a link to the story (his name was Charlie Hench).

http://www.intrepid-optimist.com/content/lost-mountains

I believe this case was presented in the show titled "I Should Not be Alive".

Thanks. I think that would explain the conclusion that he got disoriented.

So did you ever read the book? Sure people get eaten by animals and get desoriented in the woods. Most of the disapearances are of "normal" natural cause. But to keep saying the same things and not even reading the books is just not cutting it for me guys. Nice try... And it´s not a giant leap from believing BF exists to it possibly kidnapping us. I think it´s even more believable that it does than not. Apes do it, they are know for stealing children in Africa. It might not happen that often, but it probably does. So whats wrong with people gaining some awarenes about it? Even if there is just a minimal chance less people vanish in the forest it´s still worth it. So the next time you´re out in the wild by youreself and think BF is watching you, you better think that they might take you. Im pretty sure it has happened before. BTW, I dont mean to mess up your outdoors pleasure, but sometimes it´s good to have an open mind don´t you think? ;)

Edited by hesse

Guest Cervelo

JohnC,

Just some of the excepts I've been able to find, his interview kinda formulated my opinion.

But I should get them, like you say if nothing else it would give me something else to think about while I'm sitting in the woods LOL for sure!

What's really creepy is when you know one of the families in the book.

I bought the books and about dropped it when I read about the Webley's in Colville losing a son, which they later recovered where they had already searched.

Obviously it was a little before my time.

I don't know whats up with the taking of the cloths off thing, of course there are cases where it is sometimes seen as a stage of hypothermia, but a lot of these kids where found, alive, and not suffering much exposure at all, yet missing all or some of their cloths.

Guest BastetsCat

^ so since you said that JohnC....It made me think. If this is BF, what do clothes mean to them? It could be an important issue. Any history buffs that know a little about the Native Americans ever find anything in a story? Could clothes be like an ownership thing, as in I take your clothes and now no one owns you. The whole doll thing as mentioned earlier or in other posts....most little girls want to dress dolls not undress them.

I don't nessacarily believe that it is a BF related issue, but as a theory that could be worked out what are the clues that could be giving hints to customs and culture? There is obviously more to focus on than...people disappear.... what are the subtle things? What can be learned to modify our own behaviors so that we don't become the next one?

Information in its raw form such as the books, give a glimpse. Taking anything in a panic and hide mental state does not make the world a better place. Disecting the info and using it to modify behavior is the answer here. Go out and enjoy the woods, wild places, and public parks....but be aware.

What can we gleen from what we do know? Limited info provides limited answers, but they are answers all the same.

I would like to make a list of the cases in which children mention odd behavior of bears and also people that talk of wildmen in the woods. There is even a ex NPS employee that Dave manages to interview about the Dennis Martin case where he confirmes "wildmen" in the smokys. It will take a while for me to do this since I havent even read all of the books yet. There is a large amount of cases that definitely have these strange little "trademark" occurances (characteristics), that I have read about in numerous sasquatch sightings. I am particularly interested in those cases and I will try to focus on them when im done reading the book. There is almost NO other explanation to some cases other than BF imho..

I have no idea what the sheading of clothing could mean other than it being a scent thing. Dogs can never track or refuse to track any missing person in those cases.

Im normaly not a person thats too much into the paranormal, but some of the cases seem to go into that direction, as strange as it might seem.

Edited by hesse

Guest BastetsCat

Wouldn't it be strange if the connecting factor was human pheremones mixxed with a particular laundry detergent.....

I have read the books through once, but I am sure I will be referring back to them, time and time again. There is some really interesting stuff, and a lot of common links. Some of these people where well armed, very competent people, like the bow hunter, martial artist guy for example.

It has me wondering things like, how many "wild" people really live out there, have turned their backs on society, totally rejected the concept of living by conventional rules? Are they extreme survivalist? Are they militant? Are they a backwards,sub culture? Is it Bigfoot? Is this what Bigfoot is? Maybe so isolated from us, they have actually developed physical traits that are different from ours?

Or is it a Human condition thing? Something triggers, and causes a mental state that leads to this behavior? Some sort of overwhelming disorientation and confusion that leads to wandering in the bush, confused, unable to put it all back together? Children are more susceptible to this condition because they are not as developed?

Or its Bigfoot......either way, there is something to it, and it is a fascinating read, you don't have to be a fan of Bigfoot to read this,its not about that. I do recommend people add it to their "must read" list.

Some years ago I watched this documentary on German TV about these people that live way out in the woods. I believe it was West VA. They were inbreading and insane. They had their own little religion and way. Eventually the government went in there and got them out of there. I wish I could find that doc somewhere.

Anyway, the guy from the NPS Dave interviewed talked about a specific man that walked through the woods wearing only bearfur. It kinda got me thinking, it could be those wildmen he was talking about were BF?

I just read about the little girl that ran into the woods and walked up on a sleeping "bear family", wow!?

Also whats with the berries and creeks? If I was a BF researcher I would set up trailcam near berry bushes and in, or near streams and creeks!! It seems whatever is out there likes berries and travels through creeks to avoid leaving footprints. No how many BF sightings happen near creeks? Matt Moneymaker even mentioned on FBF that there are many. I have read about a lot of sighting while people are berry picking. That could be the reason so many people vanish while picking berries?