Where Do Bigfoots Go In Winter?

Guest COGrizzly

If Sasquatch exists, then their hair more than likely is that like a moose or beaver or somewhere between...my best guess.

That - or - they sow together intraket (sic) fur jackets with cougar, wolf, coyote, and bear hides. Seems WAY more likely.

@summitwalker:

I couldn't help but comment.

I've often thought about the massive amount of hunters in the woods. And how easily wildlife can evade and avoid. I don't see an issue with a BF type creature existing even with the millions of hunters taking to the woods (mind you there are plenty of reports of hunters having experiences). The reasoning behind this is that hunters are not all that stealthy in the woods as a rule. An animal like a BF would hear the car door slam, the hunter thrashing through the brush to get to the blind/stand, and easily hide or simply vacate the area. The hunters that are lucky enough to be quiet while walking into their areas still have a very minimal chance of experiencing a BF.

Secondly, and this is the unique part, I am of the camp that someone, logically, looking at the huge expanse of infrequented, or unfrequented (are those even real words? lol) wildland, how there could NOT be something like this out there. We are definitely polar opposites on those two trains of thoughts.

Additionally, I don't see an issue with BF surviving midwest winters at all. They've been rumored to have food stores, additionally, if they are adept at hunting and fishing, there is indeed a food supply available. And I would surmise they tend to roam to where the food sources are, and perhaps get opportunistic toward civilized 'left overs' if you will.

Anyway, just felt compelled to comment.

Thanks.

Guest toejam

As far as proximity being only the PNW or remote areas is far from the truth. One just has to read the plethora of reports all over the globe. Many being in areas adjacent to populated areas.

We're dealing with an ancient species. Surviving winters isn't an issue. They don't have to go anywhere. They're fine right where they are.

I wondered where they went in the winter since activity seems to drop off at that time where I research. Possible semi hibernation?

I had an incident a couple weeks back with snow still covering the ground, involving wood knocks and a loud whistle. My best day of winter activity to date.

Another incident just last night had a large rock thrown in my direction landing in a nearby water hole 20ft. from me. I'd just let off a couple of whoops when the large rock was thrown seconds later.

The warm weather seems to have boosted activity.

I don't think they go far in the winter. They obviously would have a range like any other species. Whatever the size of that is, nobody knows. They can be anywhere at any time.

Most tend to underestimate their abilities at avoiding detection. They're absolute masters. Thinking there's no way they couldn't come close to us and avoid detection is just ridiculous.

They can move around us with ease.

Edited by toejam

The kiddos are kept close to the parents and based on witness and video, the little ones will hold to their mommys and get a riode while also keeping warm. The sighting by four of our guys last fall in Oklahoma and DW getting the I-phone photo of the baby that was in view just next to the adult hiding in the brush backs this up too.

There are a lot of details I'd like to learn about how they winter. How do they carry food that they have collected? Hides? Woven grasses? Armloads only? Many indigenous cultures use their heads for transporting goods, is this something they have learned? If they are putting away stores, are they at the same place they are laying up for the winter? In various locations as caches? What are they doing with their waste?

Obviously, I have many more questions than answers.

Guest BFSleuth

Regarding how they transport food, I've seen several reports that all describe them carrying with their hands or armloads only. They have been seen carrying deer carcasses, etc., but also carrying handfuls of seaweed, roots (washing and stacking them next to a stream before carrying), etc.

While Indian stories talk of them having baskets, I don't recall seeing any modern reports that make note of this tool.

I think that BF is more than equiped for harsh cold climates. I'm just wondering what accounts for sighting drop offs in Winter(at least around here in the Northeast)Is it that there is no one to see them cuz people don't go out anymore in winter or do they find some place to "disappear"? Or do they head South to the mid-Atlantic states?

I think these critters go into hibernation similar to bears and they do not make a lot of tracks in the snow because they are not out and about.

My theory also is they hide in the deep swamp grass areas where few humans -except a few hunters and trappers -may go.

They don't need a shelter but make one in the tall grasses that is not visible to a human walking near the swamp grass area.

Since they are herbivours they eat whats near them and rarely eat animals that time of year.

Just my theories.

Guest KentuckyApeman

As for squatchy migrating any great distance, doubtful. With all our modern roads and highways/interstates, they would be seen more often. I would think such a creature to be omnivarious, an opportunistic feeder, occassional scavenger. Especially to survive long cold winters. Brrrrr.