Where Do Bigfoots Go In Winter?

Their migratory movements probably go a little something like this. In the summer, they probably head from down in N. California to Alaska, and then in the winter they probably move from Alaska to N. California. They are seen in British Columbia, Washington and Oregon while migrating. So in the winter, they're in Cali!

Wow, people seem to forget how rare and elusive this creature must be to even have a shot at being real. It is 2012! Thinking they roam around freely as the seasons change in NA is just not feasible. If they are not living in totally isolated remote areas of the PNW, or other limited areas of western NA, they do not exist (unless they have some way of surviving in the northern boreal forests through winter...er...like Moose). I personally think it is PNW on up or bust. Eastern NA is a non starter (for me), no way they would remain unphotographed or not be captured on video or something by now (I'm talking good clear video). The numbers of hunters out there on the opening day of hunting season alone would make the Sasquatch old news. I can't believe a logical thinker could step back and look at the reality of forest use and the number of people using the forests recreationally in most of the US and think something like the Sasquatch could exist but remain un-catalogued by science. Maybe, just maybe, in some really isolated forests but highly unlikely IMO. Anyway, just thinking aloud, I'll go back to reading along.

Cheers

PS I'm not trying to offend any Eastern folks, just my own theory. PNW on up and nocturnal...or bust! :)

You have more forests in the east than the west and PNW. They can easily avoid detection. Ever been to West Va? Look at it on Google Earth.

I've put a lot of thought into hibernation, it would help explain the creature's almost supernatural elusiveness. I wonder what the ratio between sightings in the winter vs. the fall,spring, and summer would be.

Edited by Caesar

Not sure where the PNW or bust comes from. I stepped back and logically thought, hmmm.... Google is my friend and here is what Google says.

post-9-0-04166600-1332993354_thumb.gif

Edited by indiefoot

Guest BCCryptid

Who sez they go anywhere?

They have definitely been sighted in winter, and the reason they are sighted less could easily be that humans don't like to go out in the woods in the deep snow.

They probably hole up in their cosiest cave, reduce activity, and have lots of nasty-ape lovin'!

Guest BFSleuth

True that BCC. There are places you can hike during the summer in the Cascades that will have literally hundreds of people in the summer. If you go in the winter you are lucky to pass a handful of other parties, and oftentimes you are the only group around.

Guest KentuckyApeman

If there be BF's in Alaska or the PNW, they aren't hibernating. Maybe some family cookouts? Seriously, primates do not hibernate. They either know how to make do, or die.

SSR Team

Gigantor posted a very good analysis of correlation between elevation and time of year on this thread:

http://bigfootforums...ing-elevations/

While there is correlation between season and elevation, there are the occasional anomolies, meaning that BF have been seen at higher elevations in deep snow conditions in the PNW. Part of this is simply a function of the fact that most people don't go into the high mountains in the winter.

Not sure about that.

Around about 40% of all WA State Sightings on the BFRO Database are on or within 5 miles of a designated Wilderness area.

Of those Wilderness area's with over 10 reports in them, every single one of them has season >> elevation at Summer highest elevation >> Winter lowest elevation, every single one.

That's the Olympic Wilderness area's, the Mount Rainier Wilderness areas, the Gifford Pinchot Wilderness area's and the North Cascades Wilderness area's.

The only anomolies are the seasons >> elevations in between IE Summer and Fall that are practically the same yet do in fact alternate in those same Wilderness areas, no matter how slightly in elevation, as they are both so similar.

SSR Team

Interesting little map here:

http://public.tablea...erID=0&:tabs=no

Haven't played around with it more than to look at seasonal variances of the reported VA/WV/NC sightings...here, they look to form what look like pockets for overwintering, in my speculative estimation.

Anyone know who's done this ?

I could help with elevations of certain reports if it's wanted.

Guest Luckyfoot

According to the "Ancient Aliens" tv show

"Aliens and Bigfoot " episode, http://www.history.c...pisodes#slide-6

The aliens have dug a vast cave system for bigfoot to exist and travel in. From the diagram there's several in different countries , but the west coast "cave system" travels from B.C. To California.

Hey, if they're gonna put it on the T.V. it must be fact....... :o

Edited by Luckyfoot
  • Upvote 1

Where would YOU go in winter? What factors come into play into making a decision? Where are you? What is your food and water source? Where are people? How long is winter? Is there time during winter that you can hang around and not feel stressed? When? How often? NO? Maybe you leave the area and hit another more easily dealt with situation .. what kind of cover is there? Do you make your own? Do you need any? Lotta factors.. waiting to read the books on this from all the researchers out there in winter :).