Bigfoot And Trains

Guest Cervelo

Allsport,

It's not an insult to Stan for someone to say he could be wrong, because he could be wrong!

Did you see my vid? I saw no Bigfoot in it did you?

Does that prove they don't ride trains?

Stans a big boy he can defend himself against your perceived insults I'm sure if he feels the need to.

The whole concept is absurd to a degree that boggles my mind, but for proponents anything is possible as long as you use this...

good point mike.

also an excellent time to suggest folks hop on the BFF train & ride on over to the tar pit in the PMP.

pony up w/ paypal , get approved ,then have at it with whomever you choose all while helping support the forum.

Guest BFSleuth

I don't want to be lumped into the crowd that believes BF smokes, wears ponytails, overalls, hops freight trains, and runs at 40-45 mph.

I would like to comment about two things in your list, the first being your absolute disbelief that BF can at speeds from 40-45 mph. A deer runs about 40 mph. There have been sighting reports noting that they chase deer:

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=3542

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=27387

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=1367

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=28301

I could probably list a hundred or more. I'm not sure where you are getting your information that they aren't fast. As MikeG pointed out, being much bigger and more muscled than humans with a top speed of about 27-28 mp what is the big logical (and evidential) leap to a speed of 40 mph. I don't get it that you keep putting that in your mantra of things that you think are silly.

Second, regarding the issue of BF spotted on trains. I believe Stan saw what he saw. The fact that we now have a total of two other witnesses that have come forward to talk about their observations is a credit to Stan having the courage to speak out about his sighting. I think it is unwarranted to attack someone with labels of silly regarding their sighting. I would much rather we take the sighting with a grain of salt and try to replicate and document it rather than belittle it.

Cervelo, thank you for posting your video in the other thread showing you driving next to a moving train and taking 45 seconds or so of video showing no BF riding it. However, 45 seconds of video don't establish whether or not this behavior is happening or not. I trust that in the true spirit of science you will be continuing your efforts in areas that are more remote than next to a major highway?

My point since the beginning of this thread has always been that whenever such behavior like train riding is reported that a true skeptic should take it with a grain of salt and try to document it, replicate it, or otherwise. That is a more scientific approach than simply to belittle the source or the idea out of hand, that is simply knee jerk cynicism.

Mr. Spock, here.

According to my analysis, we don't have any solid, factual, reliable evidence for bigfoot's existence, let alone for salient details such as running speed. We can form no conclusions.

Rejection of information that does not comport with preconceived ideas is not logical in the case of a creature for which we do not even have a specimen.

Belittling the source of the information is not a well thought out approach to the issue. A scientific approach would be to synthesize the legitimate evidence as best we can and be open to changes of our ideas as more information becomes available.

What we have is a large collection of anecdotes, many footprint casts, blurry pictures, one clear but brief film, some hand and other prints, a steak and some blood for which we don't yet have any scientific data, and some mysterious hair samples.

There is nothing really conclusive here. ^

Nevertheless, many of you have formed a solid notion of what bf is and isn't. The question here is what formed that notion. Was it gleaned from the accounts, footprint casts, etc., which form the body of evidence listed in the first paragraph above, or was it formed in other ways--by a personal sighting, perhaps? Or did it come from other sources?

If someone has a fully formed idea of what bigfoot is from one sighting or from one film, that would be an overgeneralization.

If someone has a fully formed idea and they are not certain how they arrived at that notion, it is suspect. It is not unlikely that some people have an metal image of the sasquatch that they subconsciously absorbed from movies, TV, and other mass media. That is illogical.

You cannot prove they do not hop trains by posting pictures of sasquatchless trains because that only proves there are no bigfoot on that train. You cannot prove a negative, it's not possible.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest Cervelo

BFS,

I think you may have this site (as many others) confused with anything other than a discussion board, to suggest that there is a whole lot of anything scienctific going on as a rule is laughable to the point of being absurd!

Please don't go overboard with some lengthy lecture on the list of members with letters behind their names I get that!

I'll keep posting trains with no Bigfoots on board and you and others can keep discussing the endless imaginary behaviors of Bigfoot until the cows come home or someone posts a picture of one doing anything other than being invisible ;)

Guest BFSleuth

No worries, Cerv. Anytime I begin to think the BFF is a scientific enterprise I only need to read your posts to get over it. ;)

It's ridiculous to say Puff dogpiling/bullying anyone on this forum. It may look like he is focusing on a couple of members because guess what, those couple of members are the same ones continuing to post extraordinary claims with absolutely nothing to back them up. It causes much frustration. I watched Stank Ape snap in real time getting himself banned because he couldn't take it anymore. I understand that this is a forum and for the most part people are free to post what they like, but they should also expect that some of these claims are going to generate an extremely negative response when the claims continue to go completely unsubstantiated.

not to mention the fact that those couple keep coming back for more.

maybe its for attention,maybe its for the love of an argument, or perhaps some folks just like to mess with your head.

either way, if one chooses to willingly participate time & again then apparently some sort of satisfaction is gained?

perhaps the best way to put out a fire is not to add any fuel to it.

speaking of fuel, wonder if the BF prefer coal or diesel locomotives?

Guest MikeG

Guys, I don't want to stifle any discussion at all, but we're straying somewhat.

Can I make a gentle suggestion to drag this back to the thread title, and take other discussions elsewhere, please?

I'll happily hear any gripes about the way the forum is administered by PM, and will deal with them honestly and fairly. What I don't want to see is a thread about BF and trains deteriorate into a discussion about the perceived ills of the forum.

Many thanks

Mike

I was really nice about it first time round. Now I'm saying enough is enough.

Take it that from now on, anyone ignoring my "advisory" to get this topic back on track, and to take discussions about posters, the forum and the like, either to PM or to the Tar Pit, will see a warning level increase.

Now, is anyone not clear about that?

Mike

whats the plan for the site where the train report occurred?

stan are you or anyone else planning return trips,perhaps preferably without the original "guide"?

im going to assume cameras have been strategically placed to view this spot?

I have been to the site twice without the witness and plan on another trip later this week. Last time I was there railroad officials asked me to leave. I don't typically use gamecams.

i would guess since you took the time to go out initially that you felt fairly confident in the witness.

i read where due to the scheduling that you didnt think hoaxing was likely. since the original trip, are you still fairly confident in the witness?

youve got a good rep stan," been around the block " & seen a lot more than i have.

i hope you dont take my questions as going against your account,i certainly dont mean it that way.

its just that this seems so odd, even considering everything BF has a level of odd strangeness, at least to the public.

good luck stan, hope youre successful in getting to the bottom of this.

Guest BFSleuth

Keep up the work, Stan. Bummer regarding the RR officials booting you from the site, they are very sensitive to people on the track right of way for safety issues.

On a side note, the idea that BF are taking advantage of possible "road kill" on the tracks might be born out with this report:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=109

Note the BF seemed to "appear to be interested in something on the railroad bed". Also note the witness (a conductor) also noted other sightings by other railroad personnel, a total of 4 other sightings.

This report also notes several other RR employees with sightings:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=13063

This is an extended sighting by passengers on a stopped train. The BF seems to show fascination with the train:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=698

Note that in this sighting report the BF moves its head side to side as it watches the train go by:

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=26403

They do seem to have no fear of trains, and perhaps a fascination with them, not to mention road kill opportunities.

i would guess since you took the time to go out initially that you felt fairly confident in the witness.

i read where due to the scheduling that you didnt think hoaxing was likely. since the original trip, are you still fairly confident in the witness?

youve got a good rep stan," been around the block " & seen a lot more than i have.

i hope you dont take my questions as going against your account,i certainly dont mean it that way.

its just that this seems so odd, even considering everything BF has a level of odd strangeness, at least to the public.

good luck stan, hope youre successful in getting to the bottom of this.

Anytime you interview a witness you are taking a risk of somebody hoaxing a report. Usually they don't answer their phones. Sometimes they do. I have done a lot of interviews and posted 205 reports with BFRO.

The witness is in his sixties, retired and on disability.

This particular witness does not own a computer and has hidden his interest from his wife and relatives. He uses his friend's computer to look at reports. He contacted me last fall and begged me to come down during the spring. He said he was having activity just before the leaves would come on the trees while he was out mushroom hunting. So we kept in touch for six months and when I returned from Florida we set up a date.

On Sunday night I thought he was going to call me and he thought I was going to call him. So we rescheduled for the next day. I was able to get to his home a half hour earlier than my GPS said. We headed directly for the woods. The railroad crossing we stopped at was not his regular research area, but he had had a sighting a month earlier there when he was in his car while going over the crossing heading for his site.

We only planned to stop by the railroad tracks long enough to walk down the hundred yards where he had seen the squatches standing next to the tracks a month earlier. We were there no more than ten minutes when we headed back towards my car. The train went by and we headed for his main area and mushroom hunting.

• Upvote 1