Bigfoot And Trains

I know virtually nothing about trains except that they run on rails & make a lot of noise. However, there is a signal light & a box of some sort down about where I took that picture the other day.

Every time a train comes by, I can hear, on my scanner, a "voice from the box" talking to the people on the train. It tells them how fast the train is going, how many axles it has, what the temperature is (which is usually at least 10° wrong), & whether or not there is something dragging or a "hot box".

One time during a lightening storm, a train was going by & it started "yelling" "Malfunction! Stop your train, stop your train!" I've also heard it telling it to stop because of something dragging. Never says anything about how much anything weighs.

Edited by Sasfooty

Thanks for the update Sasfooty, much appreciated.

Is that what BFSleuth was referring to - there seems nothing contentious in your above post. I guess if it was within a different conversation and context and the implication was considered contentious...?

I'm not sure what account BFS was talking about, Parkie. It may have been on a thread that got deleted a while back.

Guest FuriousGeorge

What would be your best guess at a reason for riding trains?

Let's say the sensors don't come into play. Bf's can use their ninja skills to avoid them. They can also use their camouflage skills to hide from brakeman inspections and/or railroad police inspections. They can pass by all of the houses in the world and nobody sees them but you.

What do they do about their high calorie needs? I thought these things survived because they forage as they migrate in order to fill this high calorie need. Baboons hang out near humans because it's an easy source at high calories. This is why they hop trains. Calories. Is bf stealing cinnabuns? Are they jumping trains to speed-pick berries or do they combine infrasound and the doppler effect to zap birds out of the sky and into their lap? What would be the purpose of missing out on a caloric intake opportunity like walking on the ground and finding food?

Or is it possible that your eyes are seeing something that you are unsure of and your imagination is filling in the gaps?

Edited by FuriousGeorge
  • Upvote 1

I don't know if you're talking to me or somebody else, but my best guess is that they would rather ride than walk. I know I would.

And, no. I have no imagination whatsoever.

And, no. I have no imagination whatsoever.

For some reason, I think this is a false statement.

BFF Patron

Well I'm putting my money on BF and ziplines and BF in kayaks next..... :sarcastic:

I'm going back and check the Titanic manifest too....

j/k

Guest BFSleuth

I'm going back and check the Titanic manifest too....

:) .... you won't find them on the manifest, they were on the iceberg.... :)

Guest WIKayaker

In my unsubstantiated opinion, it’s because of their human intellect (even if primitive) that they are (mostly) undetected overall. If they were just animals, or even a step up from gorillas, they would have been recognized by now. It’s because of their odd-humanness that people have this second guessing about what they’ve witnessed. Also, because they are ‘human-ish’ they’ve probably been reverse-mis-identified too. People thinking they just saw a person or hobo, and disregarding it, when it actually was a sas. I find these suburban sightings interesting.

If they are not just plain old animals, sas riding trains is not surprising to me. The cars are not well illuminated (although these particular sightings were day-lit). The rail areas are not well populated. The trains might seem predictable and consistent. It’s probably a rare activity for them.

It takes hands to get up on a moving train. Being big would help. Good way to get across town or to another state. Many rails parallel rivers, and are in wooded corridors too. It sounds like they’ve been sitting still, crouched down on the trains too. Knowing themselves to be more concealed when motionless. Not just standing on the back waving to people.

Bet there will be lots of stories that come out someday about people that were seen in odd places that were not just regular ol’ people after all.

Just some unproven thoughts

<<not sure why it says Location Alabama, I'm in Wisconsin.

Edited by WIKayaker

BFF Patron
It takes hands to get up on a moving train. Being big would help. Good way to get across town or to another state. Many rails parallel rivers, and are in wooded corridors too. It sounds like they’ve been sitting still, crouched down on the trains too. Knowing themselves to be more concealed when motionless.

Ever seen what hands grabbing a moving train do to arms..... yah, it's now part of the epigenetics of Sasquatch long-arms....

All animals are opportunistic.

Period.

It's a tough one to believe they hop trains, yes. Impossible? I don't think so, if BF have any sort of cognitive reasoning abilities at all, they can figure out that tracks go from one spot to another.

I find it highly unlikely that they would ever stay put on a stopped train, or even one that slowed considerably.

It's crazy, I know, but so is BF.