Bigfoot And Trains

WIKayer said

If they were just animals, or even a step up from gorillas, they would have been recognized by now. It’s because of their odd-humanness that people have this second guessing about what they’ve witnessed...

Excellent point. I hadn't put that together before, but, yeah, that is a big part of their strangeness and fascination. It helps explain why we get obsessed, I think...another kind of human..? That would turn a lot of things inside out.

......... Are they jumping trains to speed-pick berries or do they combine infrasound and the doppler effect to zap birds out of the sky and into their lap? ...........

FG is on a roll, lol im loving the "doppler effect" +1, & here i was thinking they only used that to forecast the weather. :D

<<not sure why it says Location Alabama, I'm in Wisconsin.

Reminds me of the movie "Mimic".

Mine says Alabama too!

So Alabama is the *default* location recognized by the system. The *location* is now a required field during the registration process.

Only yourself and Staff can view it though. The general membership does not see it.

So, I'll change you to Wisconsin WIKayaker after doing an IP search or two.

You want me to change yours Tontar? If so PM me with your location. OK, I know it but care to confirm?

I suspect you each joined at a date that preceded the location becoming an mandatory field and the system just reverts to the default.

On the issue of BF hopping *trains*....I think this is sillier than the overalls, ponytails, smoking cigarettes and the other nonsense.

And yes, such wild claims, sans proof give the community another black eye and turn those on the edge or new to the subject off.

I know as I get the PM's from them.

Don't have time to look for the post from Sasfooty but she said something along the lines of *I could have told you several years ago that BF rode trains*. :whistle:

My goodness.....We struggle enough as a community for credibility.

You tell me you saw a BF I'm apt to afford the benefit of the doubt as I too believe.

You tell me you saw or know of one in overalls, ponytails, smoking, running 40+mph, and hopping freight trains all I can say is .....

Wow.....:blink: Got any proof?

Quite a few good members, and stalwart researchers, all *proponents* have *quit* the forum because of such nonsense being posted.

Guest AllSport

I think it's minimally presumptuous, and downright insulting that you would 'poo-poo' a long time member here, just for making a post. Is your beef personal or something? Are you the end all, be all on what's realistic, and satisfactory for the bigfoot world, and what should and should not be reported?

The more you post, the more confrontational, jaded, and downright personal you are getting when it comes to one member here. I personally don't like to see 'bullying' whether on an internet forum or in person.

It's very unflattering, and erodes the credibility of all admins here.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jodie

I second that opinion, I looked for the qoute Puff made in support of what Stan thinks he saw but evidently I don't know how to work the search function.

To be fair, I think Puff was speaking generally, not aiming that at Stan. On the other hand it's ridiculous to pick items that you think cause the topic of bigfoot to look illiegitimate when, as Tonar pointed out to me earlier in this thread, the whole topic of bigfoot is suspect to the general public.

However, all you have is your opinion of whether the person is honest and forthright. In all things bigfoot, consider the source. That also includes the individual poster's opinion regardless of what their position is here on the forum. Puff does not equal bigfoot expert anymore than anyone else here does and you know what they say about opinions.

Edited by Jodie
  • Upvote 1

Guest Cervelo

Allsport,

Thanks for the sactamonious lecture!

I would suggests some skin thickin cream and staying out of the Tar Pit ;)

There's a little button called the report button you use if you think thats what's going on!

BFF Patron

I tend to think that message #244 was not directed at Stan..... seems another member took the brunt.... but moreover it *is* about claims of the capacities of Bigfoot. I tend to believe if good members and staunch researchers are "running away from the forum" in droves that perhaps they are simply running away because we tend to enforce the rules and will not settle for people making "rule-breaking" posts impugning mental stability, veracity, etc. In such cases, "as I've always been told", perhaps the good members and staunch researchers need to reconsider the phenomenon and grow a thicker skin..... but that's just my viewpoint until Bigfoot is indisputably proven with either dna, morphometric necropsy or pathology exam (flesh and blood).

As I've had some pretty unexplainable phenomenon surround this "being" experienced directly short of mindspeak, I'm just gonna be listening to all opinions and take what works for me and evaluate how it changes or accommodates the big picture.

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I guess what now totally amazes me is that there are three alleged incidents where a BF or BF-like creature was spotted between train cars..... not just plastered up against the front of a car, but in some cases sitting, curled up or standing on one?

If more and more of these experiences are shared, I've got to consider what it is that is being seen and whether it has found the proper venue for discussion here at the BFF (which in such cases, I think it would be *home-sweet-home*)

Edited by bipedalist

Yes the entire topic of BF is suspect to the vast majority of the general public.

Then you take those willing to believe and insert BF in pony-tails, smoking, hopping freight trains, wearing overalls, running 40-45 mph and the other incredulous nonsense and the vast majority of those willing to believe in BF drops to virtually nothing.

Stan has always had my utmost respect.

Others, not so much.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. That little mantra is in our Rules & Guidelines...

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. On the BFF we accept very little at face value. We may have a tendency to over-analyze claims and be more skeptical than some other forums dedicated to this topic, but we think that is preferable to the alternative.

I consider BF hopping trains, wearing ponytails, overalls, galloping at 40-45 mph, and smoking extraordinary.

Some consider the very notion of BF extraordinary.

So no, I'm not an expert. I doubt anyone is.

I do have certain parameters of what I'm willing to accept and I assume everyone else does as well.

I don't want to be lumped into the crowd that believes BF smokes, wears ponytails, overalls, hops freight trains, and runs at 40-45 mph.

I do believe in BF though.

So I'm outspoken when I see such absurd claims being made sans substantiation.

Of course, when I post I'm usually posting for a dozen or so members who PM me and say if someone doesn't step in they will and they'll probably get banned when they do.

If AllSport and Jodie believe that nonsense perhaps they could provide some proof.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it.

Guest Jodie

For now, I take the individual stories on a case by case basis, but if more pop up, that might change. I wish I could find the news article in Hattisburg from either 1969-1971 of the bear seen on the train.

But hasn't the past shown whenever some new creature feature is added that suddenly it becomes commonplace,like "oh yeah,me too" ?

Thick skin & all that aside,one thing that I've never liked is how the public tends to throw us all in the same bunch as the crackpots.

Credibility with this might come easier if we did a better job of weeding out the crap,if thats possible....imo & all that.

Guest Jodie

Thanks for the clarification Puff, it wasn't clear what your intent was and yes you are entitled to your opinion.

I believe Stan saw what he says he saw, now whether mistaken or not, I don't know. I don't have an opinion, one way or the other, on the other two stories as stated above.

As I said before, I don't see it as physically impossible for a bigfoot to get on a stopped train or ride for a short way if it happens to start moving, is it a deliberate act, I don't know??? I think that's the real issue we are discussing here.

Edited by Jodie

Guest Cervelo

Slick,

Absolutely in 3 months heck 3 three weeks it will be an establish Bigfoot behavior with absolutely no proof just like 99.9% of all other Bigfoot behavior, pure conjecture!!

Edited by Cervelo