Character Profile Of A Sasquatch

I thought we might all add a characteristic of Sasquatch and try to create a profile from the information available. Keeping in mind that the information we have so far is factual. My number one characteristic of Sasquatch is....................They are not egotistical. They do not posses an ego. If they did, they would already be stuffed and on display at the Museum of Natural History. What do you have to add?

AZBIGFOOT, give me a break? Give me some characteristic about Sasquatch that you believe it posesses or one that has kept it alive and undetected so far?? This is just an exercise..

Edited by kearnsey64

Guest JiggyPotamus

I think you should supply some premises that lead to your conclusion, which is that sasquatch have no ego. I think this claim could be argued against rather easily, and I will attempt to do so here. Freud proposed his system to have 3 distinct spaces of the mind, not the physical brain though, which are the id, ego, and super-ego.

The ego, as I understand it, is nothing more than the part of the mind that carries out whatever it needs to pacify the id. And the id, on the other hand, are where basic instinctual desires are created. Sasquatch most definitely posses this same characteristic, as probably all animals do, or most at least.

Now, the super-ego is a different story, since the super-ego deals with morals and conscience. There has not really been enough scientific documentation of sasquatch interaction, in captivity or in the wild, therefore any data we have is simply related through witness reports, some more reliable than others, with no way to know for certain what information is good and what should be discarded.

But, if I wanted to speculate, I would say that their mind functions with these same 3 components, although the super-ego in a limited capacity compared with modern humans. Any animals that have established a form of stable society amongst one another, where reason, conscience, and justice prevail, are in my opinion on par with modern humans. But I do not think that even the mighty sasquatch would fit into this category. Again, just speculation on my part given the lack of data.

Edit to add:

I forgot to include something relating to what the OP asked for...I think that sasquatch are usually planning their moves a bit ahead of time. I do not know if they just do this instinctually, or if it is a function of higher intelligence. I think this is why many say the animal looked shocked or surprised during an encounter it was not expecting, since the animal would usually have noticed a human and taken control of whether it would keep itself in the situation, or leave, etc.

I am basing this conclusion off of eyewitness encounter reports, but it really amounts to nothing more than speculation on my part. It may be a safe assumption to make, but an assumption is an assumption nonetheless. Also, sasquatch have lots of hair. I wish this was fur instead, so I could pet a wooly baby sasquatch, maybe even nurse it...I've heard men have grown mammary glands in situations like that. Then I would watch it grow up, and I would probably name it Rascal...This is not speculation by the way, but actually fact. Really.

Edited by JiggyPotamus

Guest Jodie

I think they lack a theory of mind, more or less what Jiggy said, but you have to wonder if it has to be exactly the same as ours.

I don't feel the need to impress a dolphin or elephant, both extremely intelligent and both could kill me. Perhaps Sasquatch disdains us and is unconcerned about us other than what immediate threat we may present in their territory.

Not sure about the ego.

If ( speculative big if on my part) males fight for females perhaps a little ego gets shown in whichever display takes place,whether courting or rival intimidation.

Id like to say introvert ,but with the reports of family groups maybe " tribal"?

Good question..

That's the spirit JiggyPotamus! That's good, very good...OK didnt know about the 3 ego levels or whatever. The ego I'm talking about is the ego that leads us humans to war, divorce, bigotry, or crime. The ego that rationalizes to our innerselves that we deserve to be the Alpha and the Omega. I think if Bigfoots had this, they would have got in trouble long ago.

Guest tracker

good post Jodie,

Ego's? Not in our sense of the word. But if you change that word to pride considering an individual status and role within a family group then yes.

T

Well if I had to speculate, I'm guessing for the most part they are quite peaceful. At least in their interactions with humans. If they had bad intentions, or viewed us as prey, the forests would definitely not be the place to be. With the amount of close range sighting reports, that would be an awfully high body count if there was intentions to inflict harm. Maybe they understand that killing humans would be the surest way to attract attention.

AZBIGOOT! that's awesome! That's exactly the insight I'm looking for. Yah, I mean if they went around just tormenting humans I would say that the PGF could have ended badly......what else?

Guest wild eyed willy

Ego, I thought he wrote eggo, I would really feel bad if BF had no waffles.

I think BF has keener eyesight, hearing and smell than we humans do. This would help to explain why they are so good at avoiding us. They would be alerted to our presence in the area before we were alerted to theres. I also think they have very good night vision.

I was thinking the same thing, Willy.. It seemed like an awful lot of trouble goes along with who does and who doesn't have prefabricated waffles.

Which brings me to my contribution to their character profile: they're always hungry, they're always on the lookout for food, and they've learned that humans usually have pilferable food.

Guest Jodie

Texture Jodie? Please explain?

Haven't you ever been put off from eating something because of the texture of it? Oysters does it for me.