Character Profile Of A Sasquatch

I thought we might all add a characteristic of Sasquatch and try to create a profile from the information available. Keeping in mind that the information we have so far is factual. My number one characteristic of Sasquatch is....................They are not egotistical. They do not posses an ego. If they did, they would already be stuffed and on display at the Museum of Natural History. What do you have to add?

kearnsey64

I have to dissagree with them not being egotistical,They creep up on us and then later present themselves.Why? We can walk the trail and catch wiff of them but when we start to figure thier direction they figured out the wind and move so we can no longer smell them.Again why?They have walked amongst us and have never been caught or shot and to me that makes them seem to have a great ego.I am impress in the fact that they are thinkers and that they are so evasive and that the way they are able to hide thier numbers.There tracks are what really gets me on how they some how start out of no where and then begin elsewhere like it might swing from trees to evade.There is more but i have to go.

I sat down a few years ago, and began to outline a story for a novel...Part of what I did was to cherry pick the things from sighting reports that struck me as 'real'. At the time, I was also reading quite a bit about studies of other primates and high intelligence mammals. One of the common things about them that seems a good fit for sasquatch is 'culture'.

From Dictionary.com:

"the behaviors and beliefs characteristic of a particular social, ethnic, or age group".

Once, Rick Noll spoke in a podcast about his belief that when a sasquatch is seen, he/she is making a mistake. While I don't feel like this is true in EVERY case, it is a good starting point for a discussion about the circumstances surrounding many sightings.

In my writing, I supposed a 'culture' in which individual sasquatches who repeatedly seek out contact with humans could be banished from their small family groups. If mating and survival were dependent on groups, perhaps meeting up with other small family groups to broaden the gene pool, then being banished would greatly reduce the chances of individual AND group survival.

So, add to list, if you agree:

Culture-Rules about individual behavior that are rewarded/punished by the group. It seems to me that some ARE curious about humans, some are not. Could this be an expression of their peer training, and those that look in house windows, and follow people in the woods are over riding their culture, breaking rules, and outcast?

As long as we're speculating;

After much research, the field of personality psychology has arrived at

five dimensions of human personality that form a framework for classifying

individual humans.

Openness to experience – High score : person is full of ideas, quick to understand things, vivid imagination, spends time reflecting

Low score: lacks good imagination, not interested in abstract ideas

Extraversion - High score: life of the party, comfortable around people, initiates conversations

Low score: quiet around stranges, don’t like to draw attention to selves, have little to say.

Agreeableness - High score: Sympathetic, concern for others, feel others emotions

Low score: Not interested in others’ problems, little concern for others

Neuroticism - High score: easily disturbed, easily irritated, get stressed out, mood swings

Low score: relaxed most of the time, seldom feel blue

Conscientiousness - High score: organized, prepared, attentive to details

Low score: make a mess of things, forget to put things back, shirk their duties

IMO, BF could be rated at least on many, if not most of these. Where does that put him on the continuum with human personality?

RE