Character Profile Of A Sasquatch

Guest Po Commander

They're very stealthy and may have been taught how to disappear into an environment by the ancient Japanese. It's also quite possible that their hair is what's used to make an invisibility cloak in Harry Potter... that would explain their ability to vanish and remain hidden until the day they die (if in fact they do die, since they don't leave any bones or corpses behind). I would think that they'd be very timid creatures as well.

I actually believe that their hair absorbs light. If you watch the dashcam footage from the sherriff car in Georgia(?) the one Finding Bigfoot recreated, there are objects beyond the figure which are much brighter than the figure which looks almost transparent. Jodie, yes got it but not sure how that applies to a character trait of a Sasquatch? Do you mean they eat things regardless off texture? I think of a sighting report where witnesses saw 2 Bigfoots digging and pulling rocks out of the ground and pulling out rodents and eating them. MMMMMmmmmm.

You're probably right about the light, Kearnsey.

When light encounters a material it is either transmitted through it (transparent materials), refracted (a prism), reflected (a mirror), or absorbed. Usually it is a combination of the above with some wavelengths absorbed, some reflected, and some transmitted. That's why things are different colors, because the reflect or absorb different combinations of wavelength.

Now, wouldn't it be cool if we found a wavelength that bigfoot hair, no matter what color, always reflected? We could use that wavelength in a spotlight and they'd light up like christmas trees.

Edited by JDL

Guest Jodie

You think human texture might be gross to them? Do you think they've maybe sampled it?

I believe we are the equivalent of a bigfoot oyster, it's an acquired taste.

JDL, Thank you..Don't you think that would explain some eyewitness accounts stating that the Bigfoot disappeared like a vapor or vanished into thin air? If this was true, it makes you wonder how many more there could be or how often we were so close but just never saw them. Maybe that's why there are so many blobsquatches? The light just gets refracted in a weird way, scrambling the detail. Almost like reactive camouflage?

Guest Luckyfoot

I believe we are the equivalent of a bigfoot oyster, it's an acquired taste.

mebbe it comes down to a cannabalism issue. Perhaps they have 2 categories -animals that are food and animals like themsleves. We might be lucky enough to be considered a relative of BF BY BF hisself. Therefore precluding the average camper from the Sasquatch diet. Should they be forced to protect themsleves, however, I believe the would have a clear conscience after ripping one of us apart limb by limb.

Guest wild eyed willy

It seems to me that most people report the Bf just walking into the brush, so I don't think they disappear with or without the help of light waves.

Guest Luckyfoot

Well you better hope they have good impulse control if you inadvertently make them angry.

"inadvertently" being the key word here. If/when I get out to search , I will be BF's best friend and benefactor. Lotsa peanut butter , garlic and zagnut bars for the whole troop. I'll even whip him up some fresh pancakes if I'm camping out. Zero intentions to aggresively provoke them. But I guess you can never tell how happy they are when a camera is pointed their way...

BFF Patron

I like the incidents where the Sasquatch engage in log tossing (when I'm not a central character in the incident). Here is one where that happens accompanied by a class A on the property in earlier years and with some pictures from the investigation, including what looks like a toeless print.

Of course, this one pretty much shows you the effect that the "character" of a Sasquatch will have on wildlife, domesticated animals and those that choose to vigorously pursue them of the canine persuasion...

I don't quite understand why one would think that they can't or don't have theory of mind. Somewhere along our evolutionary path we acquired it and likely long before we became h. sapiens sapiens and longer still before what's been called the "breakdown of the bicameral mind". We see glimmering of it among the other apes and even a few other species even though their brain capacities are so much smaller and perhaps (not so coincidentally) that speaks to the degree to which it can be expressed. If BF were similar in brain scale to h.erectus or similar ancestral population, and theory of mind was in part dependent on brain volume, they could have a degree of it that explains how they consistently elude repeated detection.

Might wish to keep in mind (what ever that is) that the terms id, ego and superego which most of us are familiar with from college or earlier was created as a theoretical structure of mind and was done well before we knew what we now know regarding human neurophysiology. Freud's work was and remains undeniably important but not so much because it is accurate but because it brought human psychology out of the realm of conjecture and mysticism and into the analytical and scientific realm.

I find the approach of evolutionary psychology to be a bit more informed by the light of modern science. Some might find interest in this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_psychology

Guest BCCryptid

Closest would be 'wookie commando'.

I'll add, they are definitely territorial (regarding us), and they are protective of each other.