Do Sasquatch Hate All Canines?

Guest tracker

I think some BF actually like or tolerate the dogs who have been "put in their place" so to speak.

My dogs would go into the woods across the road and they would have an odor about them after they returned. I always thought they probably rolled in a carcass and just bathed them til the stink was gone. Sometimes it was just unbearable and a horrible smell.

Now I would consider them maybe sitting around and getting a little pet on the head now and then. My dogs hardly ever went crazy like I read in some reports. In 1979 I had two pups in a box on the front porch. It was a very tall box and it was temporary. We went to the feed store to get a kennel and when we got back in less than an hour, the pups were gone.

They did not turn the box over and escape. They were simply taken..... :angry:

Admin
On the other hand, my wife never wags her tail and jumps on me when I come home. :P

Wives are like that sometimes.... B)

Maybe a better title for this thread is "Why do Sasquatch hate all bunnies?" I have never heard of an encounter between the two ending well for the bunny.... :o

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Farm Dogs...when I was doing mountain bike there were many of them and tried to chase me...these small animals can be very aggresive, they will show their teeth and defend their territory...so they can be really annoying...

What if Bigfoot meets 8-10 farm dogs? For sure, they can detect Bigfoot or Skunk Ape smell and start barking...

It is also possible that dogs and kittens dissapear near a hungry Bigfoot....(chimps chase other monkeys, baboons can prey on baby gazelles)...

What if early humans domesticated dogs so they could sense predators at night near human settlements? Tigers, hyaenas...or curious hominoids.....

Greetings.

K. Adam.

Some posters have remarked about wolves and coyotes and their roles as predators. Has anyone ever heard of the Carolina dog? http://www.carolinadogs.com/smithsonian.html

That was an interesting read, Wude ..Thanks. Never knew they existed here, and always enjoy learning something new. An American version of the dingo.

Not sure if BF is.. afraid of, or hates packs of wild canines. Next to crazy wild people.. packs of feral dogs are what I fear the most, while out in the wild. I don't consider these Carolina Dogs as feral, since they are not a result of domestic dogs gone wild and interbreeding with wolves or coyotes.

There are probably cases of them interbreeding with domestic dogs (or possibly coyotes), and forming feral packs.

Edited by imonacan

That was an interesting read, Wude ..Thanks. Never knew they existed here, and always enjoy learning something new. An American version of the dingo.

Not sure if BF is.. afraid of, or hates packs of wild canines. Next to crazy wild people.. packs of feral dogs are what I fear the most, while out in the wild. I don't consider these Carolina Dogs as feral, since they are not a result of domestic dogs gone wild and interbreeding with wolves or coyotes.

There are probably cases of them interbreeding with domestic dogs (or possibly coyotes), and forming feral packs.

I agree Imonacan, people are the first concern regarding what you meet in the woods. AFter that, although we have feral dogs here, along with coydogs, coyote and timber wolf, I really am not sure what would make me the most nervous (BF likely if its a close one on one and it is not looking happy) but a pack of aggressive canines would definitely mess things up if they were actually going to attack. For that reason I have always made sure I knew what trees were close by and climbable.

Luckily, never had a problem but heard the state over once had a look out at a state park and suggested people stay out because they were hunting a wild dog pack that was aggressive. I know in the south many people find peccaries aggressive.

We have wild boars (and sows) here too but if left alone they have not proven to be deadly. But, it only takes once.

Guest TooRisky

Again with the HATE... hate hate hate... Always saying that Ol' Biggie is the conductor of the HATE Train... sheeesh give the Big Guy a little slack.... Maybe he plays with the dogs outside at night, the dogs are not barking from fear or anger, just excited cause Sasquatch is back in town, play time.... Yeah Sas is back....Play time....

I agree Imonacan, people are the first concern regarding what you meet in the woods. AFter that, although we have feral dogs here, along with coydogs, coyote and timber wolf, I really am not sure what would make me the most nervous (BF likely if its a close one on one and it is not looking happy) but a pack of aggressive canines would definitely mess things up if they were actually going to attack. For that reason I have always made sure I knew what trees were close by and climbable.

Luckily, never had a problem but heard the state over once had a look out at a state park and suggested people stay out because they were hunting a wild dog pack that was aggressive. I know in the south many people find peccaries aggressive.

We have wild boars (and sows) here too but if left alone they have not proven to be deadly. But, it only takes once.

Hi Treeknocker,

I did have a personal experience on state land (southerntier region) in NY, with a pack of these aggressive wild "coydogs". I was camping alone, and cooked chicken on an open campfire ( it was not a good move, and think it might have drawn them in). The dogs circled my camp, just out of sight in the dark.. and then, individuals started to run through my camp, while growling at me and showing teeth. I slowly backpedaled, while firing rounds (.357) at the growling dogs, and made it to my vehicle... where I spent the night. The shots didn't scare them off (I did hit one), and I listened.. while the pack came in and tore up my camp, and the remnants of the campfire ( smellin' like BBQ sauce :) ).

If I was backpacking, and didn't have my vehicle nearby.. I could have been in serious trouble, and have had to make for a tree. The dogs were there, for hours.

This was an eye opener for me, and something for all field researchers.. to keep in the back of your minds.

Guest tracker

Yea watch out for those wild dogs packs, they are very dangerous. They have no fear of man and will attack anything. Especially if you are out walking alone. They have been know to kill kids and pets in their own back yards. Shoot them if you get the chance.

I don't hate them, I just have a great dislike for what they do. tracker dry.gif

Glad you got through that one ok Imonacan. Dogs that lose their fear and are aggressive is not a good combination.

Agreed tracker.

Sorry you lost your puppies Sunflower.

Edited by treeknocker

Guest wudewasa

Here is an interesting feral dog story.

While passing through central Kentucky, I found an abandoned building with five puppies in it. The mother was cleary feral, barking at us from a wooded hillside, but would not approach. The pups themselves were very new to the world, having their eyes and ear canals still closed. The puppies were removed from the location and placed in the care of a very competent veterinarian and staff. The good news is that these hound/retriever mixes all found appropriate and loving homes.

I have encounterd a number of dogs in my field forays. Thankfully, none of them have been aggressive, but I do agree that these animals can become a problem, given the right situation. As for brazen behavior, hunger is one heck of a drive. Scavengers follow predators, so if feral dogs know a certain bipedal ape may provide a free lunch, why would they fear the situation and instead show a cautious respect?

Here is a pic of the pups!

Edited by wudewasa

BFF Patron

Good job Wude, all dogs need good homes. :)