Sasquatch Sneezes And Other Snafu's

bipedalist

BFF Patron

One thing that has been befuddling in this field is the paucity of reports of BF or Sasquatch being heard to sneeze. I think I've heard of one instance in the last few months.

Despite having indirectly witnessed (through hearing) one taking a tumble on slick leaves and wet mtnside, I've not heard alot about these sneezes..... thought that odd enough in itself..... are they that discrete that they can muffle sneezes..... great, but how do you muffle something with that lung volume without being heard anywho?

I know when I sneeze outdoors I can personally fill up a couple mtnsides with echos..... why not more reports of this happening with Sasquatch (or have they?)? Or, do they happen and it is just not reported or collated.

Of course, there are other elements of Sasquatch behavior which I imagine are not documented often either but to me lack of sneezing is one of the biggest enigmas.

Guest Hairyboys

I have never heard a bear fart but I have been in the woods half my life, so who knows : )

Edited by Hairyboys

Guest krakatoa

Ha. Bigfoot Sneeze Reports (or lack thereof) have never been on the list of top questions about 'foot phenomena for me.

No offense, but I just don't see it cracking into the top ten anytime soon.

Guest Jodie

Well if they sleep during the day why do we not get reports of snoring for the same reasons you listed? You would think it would sound like a bellows with that lung capacity.

If bigfoots value stealth, perhaps they've learned to suppress sneezes. Have you ever heard anyone in a deploed special forces team sneeze? Military field manuals provide instructions for how to suppress sneezes and coughs so you don't give away your position.

I've heard one report of hearing purported bigfoot snoring during the day. It was apparently quite loud and deep, giving the impression of enormous size. The person turned and made a berline out of the woods rather than investigate further. I don't know of an effective way to prevent snoring, but I've read that sleeping bigfoots are typically found sleeping with their back upward.

Guest FuriousGeorge

That's a pretty good question BP. The involuntary part is a great thought. I wonder if it has ever been reported. It would be loud and probably startle the daylights out of anyone, so I doubt it would be dismissed if heard.

I was about to post in one of the "arguing until the report comes out" threads, so I'm glad I saw this one instead. lol Good thinking threads are so much more pleasant.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I would be willing to bet that they can suppress a sneeze just as well as a human can. The larger volume of air is offset by the larger hands covering the mouth and nose, lol. I'm sure that one could hear it if they were relatively close, but if a sasquatch did like I do when having to sneeze in public I doubt anyone would hear it from anything other than a trivial distance.

Admin

When most animals sneeze, they just let it rip. To try and silence a sneeze as to avoid detection would indicate, at least to me, a high level of intelligence, due to the fact of using forethought. Squatches are smarter in ways than they are given credit for.

Admin

Good point Bipedalist. In the same vain, does BF get colds, allergies, salmonella poisoning, heart attacks or cancer?

Most animals species suffer from these ailments. So it seems reasonable that if BF exists, it should also.

If we are to believe that some BFs live within our suburbs, as claimed by some of my fellow enthusiasts in MD and elsewhere, where are the bodies?

Edited by gigantor

BFF Patron

I like the special forces and snoring analogy there PTNCD as well as coughing discussed here too. I know that TexLa has some sound recordings of what sounds putatively like a wheezing BF with bipedal footsteps approaching a recorder involved too. So I guess the dude couldn't suppress the wheeze but possibly had no reason to suspect intrusion or be alarmed at the time (or maybe was so aged, infirm or diseased that it couldn't). Then again it could just be the peanut butter too.

Appreciate the feedback..... and I don't devise threads to crack top ten krak. just an FYI. LOL. If the only good threads here were conceptualized as being top ten, I doubt we'd need a new server like we did, lol.

I devise threads to have those who think out of the box and have more knowledge and awareness of the literature than I do to be able to contribute to the long list of scattered info. out there on Sasquatch and hopefully help to put it in one place. And, maybe actually help liven up a dull set of current threads occasionally. Doesn't always work, but that is what I set out to do on some threads anyway.

Frankly didn't expect a lot of participation and expected more than a few humorous comments so roll on.

Edited by bipedalist

I've never heard one sneeze that I remember, but I occasionally hear something that sounds like a horse blowing it's nose. One night, I heard a distinctive cough, & looked out the window to see something that looked like a black ghost gliding across the yard. It went behind the camper & stopped. I watched for a long time, but never saw it reappear. The next morning, I went out there & looked around, but the only thing I found was a very strong urine odor. I think he peed on the camper tire. :mellow:

They make all kinds of strange little noises. I have one that sounds like "ah-oh".

BFF Patron

Googled a few up from the BFRO database..... apparently it is not as uncommon as I suspected.

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=31852

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=13674

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=5873

Edited by bipedalist

The WWII Army field manual I read when I was a kid said to prevent a sneeze hold your finger under your nose and apply upward pressure. I think we all learn that trick at an early age, and it is easy and pretty effective. To prevent a cough apply pressure to your Adam's apple. I had never heard that before, or ever since. It isn't as easy or effective as sneeze suppression, but it does work.

Just in case you need to be stealthy while stalking a bigfoot, or if you need to evade detection by inading Red Chinese because Ketchum delayed publication of her paper.