Sasquatch Sneezes And Other Snafu's

bipedalist

I like the special forces and snoring analogy there PTNCD as well as coughing discussed here too. I know that TexLa has some sound recordings of what sounds putatively like a wheezing BF with bipedal footsteps approaching a recorder involved too. So I guess the dude couldn't suppress the wheeze but possibly had no reason to suspect intrusion or be alarmed at the time (or maybe was so aged, infirm or diseased that it couldn't). Then again it could just be the peanut butter too.

Indeed, anytime I need to refresh my optimism about bigfoots existence, even though I haven't seen one, I just listen to that clip!

out gobbler hunting w/ my son on youth day today...noticed when the breeze gusted up the big yellow cloud of pollen would float out of the pines, seen this plenty of times before too...

....for you guys that are into the audio recordings , do you hear more strange stuff during pollen seasons?

i could imagine ol' BF drawing a giant breath in for a whoop & sucking in a big cloud of pollen floating by.......i'd wheeze too then, if that happened :wacko:

That wheezer we had walk up was recorded in early May here in Texas, and was definately full on pollen in the air that day. I was miserable at times with the itchy eyes , sneezing and sinus drainage.

If there is any truth to the Sasquatch sleeping in a fetal position on it's knees and forehead on the ground, that would probably stop the snoring, which could be for human avoidance, or to not draw other predators in out of curiosity while they sleep. Probably a little less vulnerable in that position but horribly uncomfortable I would think.

If there is any truth to the Sasquatch sleeping in a fetal position on it's knees and forehead on the ground, that would probably stop the snoring, which could be for human avoidance, or to not draw other predators in out of curiosity while they sleep. Probably a little less vulnerable in that position but horribly uncomfortable I would think.

I extrapolated this point. I read somewhere that more than once a woodsman has stumbled upon an almas sleeping in such a position. It does seem an uncomfy position, but could help avoid snoring. Might the position also help to conserve body heat?

Guest Jodie

I guess it wouldn't be an issue in a cooler climate like the Alma's supposedly live in but if a skunk ape slept like that in the south it would get an ear and nose full of fire ants more than likely.

I was recording around 11pm and heard this from, what seemed like, behind me, temp was in the teens if I remember correctly and very quiet. No footfalls.

cough 01.mp3

• Upvote 1

I extrapolated this point. I read somewhere that more than once a woodsman has stumbled upon an almas sleeping in such a position. It does seem an uncomfy position, but could help avoid snoring. Might the position also help to conserve body heat?

I've considered the whole nocturnal activity thing as both an avoidance tactic and for thermal regulation/ energy conservation.. There's not much to do but shiver on a cold winter night, so might as well be up and finding a meal, then sleep in the warm sun during the day to conserve energy . Face down on the knees could help to muffle a snore, wheeze, cough or any other while sleeping and being somewhat involuntary.

sy,

Interesting point about a reason for being nocturnal to conserve heat in a cool, moist climate. Somewhat akin to the desert survival strategy, to conserve hydration, of laying up in the shade during the day and traveling at night.

I am thinking that the reported almas sleeping posture may help conserve heat by keeping the body core from contact with the cold ground?

Pt

Yes, in the summer time here in the south it would work similarly, with daytime being too hot for much moving around, so laying up in the shade near a water source during the day would be likely, then the cooler evening hours could be utilized for foraging. In winter, keeping your back off the cold ground probably does help the core temperature.

• Upvote 1

A research opportunity? Someone needs to go to bed tonight while assuming the position of an almas. Is it possible to get comfortable in the position? Can one get a restful sleep? Does it suppress snoring? Can you stay warm with fewer covers?

Please include photodocumentation.

Guest BFSleuth

I'll get right on it.... after I explain to the wife why I'm setting up a thermal camera in the bedroom :);)

One sneeze.. Thought it was the private landowner. Nope. Occurred about three min after I shut the recorder off. I did that because a big pack of coyote came through. The sneeze came after that.. I turned to greet the landowner and realized OK.. nobody there that I can SEE.... i took my parabolic and waited with the recorder on (turned off originally due to questions about battery longevity). Nothing.. thoughts filled my mind.. whats the source of the sneeze? NO odors.. Cougar? I had tracked one in the snow the year after this.. Canid? Not that sneeze.. I waited approx 40 min silently.. waiting for a return sneeze, a cleared throat, a movement, shift in weight.. nope nothing nada. After 45 min of pure dead silence I decided to call it a night. Shut my recorder off and ... still nothing. Still feeling watched but dont know for sure, (I never heard it leave) I looked in the direction, smiled, thanked the source and strode to the car. THIS year in January.. not far from that location just before or during a snow.. the next morning 15.5 in tracks were observed 4.5 to 5 ft apart (not the stride but the strike of ea footprint.) Interesting.. was it what I hope ? (the sneeze?) wouldnt be surprised......