What Prompts Howls And Yells?

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

Well of course the howls, moans, yells, and whistles are communicating something, but what if they're actually a language? This discussion reminded me of a whistled language I once read about called Silbo Gomero, spoken in the Canary Islands. The language is used for long-distance communication.

According to wikipedia, researchers who have studied the language have noticed that:

"speakers of Spanish (some of whom "spoke" Silbo and some of whom did not) showed (by monitoring brain activity with functional magnetic resonance imaging) that while non-speakers of Silbo merely processed Silbo as whistling, speakers of Silbo processed the whistling sounds in the same linguistic centers of the brain that processed Spanish sentences."

It's possible that what we are hearing as moans and howls, etc., are actually words in the Sasquatch language. Maybe?

Guest zenmonkey

form a biological standpoint, I wouldnt think that it would make sense that the males would fight, I mean ya other apes do it but as rare and as well hidden as they are I just think that it wouldnt really happen

from*** sorry still cant get used to this mac keyboard