Vietnam Rock Apes And Indochina

Guest poignant

Guest poignant

Just wanted to share this link from Bigfoot Evidence:

The Rock Apes of Vietnam

As a segue, I had read a book by a Vietnamese author on his account of the war (book title was 'The Sorrow of War').

It was about 14 years ago when I read it so I don't remember all the details, but I do recall his account that the soldiers would often hunt bushmeat, and on one occasion had encountered a large auburn ape that they had shot but refused to eat because it looked too human when its eyes rolled up in its sockets as it died.

It could not have been an orang-utan (geographic distribution does not overlap).

Vets from both sides of the war report similar encounters and the creature is ethno-known. As an aside, can sasquatch be similarly considered 'ethno-known'?

The Indochina region remains largely unexplored with thick tropical jungle. In recent years we have the Saola, the Rock Rat, the Myanmar Snub Nosed Monkey.

Waiting with bated breath.

BFF Patron

Well you might get that post count up there to a hundred and join PMP asap as there are two or three looong threads on the subject matter..... it would be worth the investment in itself probably. I five starred them in the archives thinking it would be easier to find them in search..... guess that didn't work (gigantor? is there a way to search for five star content in archives?)

Guest poignant

Yeah believe me when I say that I had already tried those keywords with the search function.

Edited by poignant

Guest tirademan

Here's an earlier thread. I use Google search as it works better! I knew I'd posted a Vietnam story...

tirademan

• Upvote 1

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Just wanted to share this link from Bigfoot Evidence:

The Rock Apes of Vietnam

As a segue, I had read a book by a Vietnamese author on his account of the war (book title was 'The Sorrow of War')...

Hi Poignant!! The Vietnam stories emerge from time to time...I remember watching a TV program (I think it was "Beast Legends") on which some sightings were collected in order to build a CGI model from the creature...and there was sightings from an american GI but also from a vietnamese war veteran (Interesting!!)

http://www.beastlegends.com/episode-guide/wildman-of-vietnam/

I also saw some spanish zoologist mentioning these creatures on TV, he specifically told that some vietnamese researchers in a local university were also trying to find tracks and evidence about these creatures...he specifically pointed out the region of Kon Tum in Central Vietnam....

Are these stories true? I have read fantastic stories about strong rock apes making bold attacks on american platoons..but, is there any evidence?

But I think that other stories may be provided by local vietnamese people and researchers. Nearby countries (Malasya, Thailand) have also their stories (I remember another one from a thailandese man who described having watched 2 "ape-men", captured by the military in the town of Phibun,

South Thailand.).

Could it be possible? Did these creatures (if they exist) could survive the heavy fighting of the 60s and 70s? It would be possible to get more information from local researchers?

Greetings.

K. Adam.

ive often heard of the rock apes,but ive got several family members & a few older friends that were in nam & dont think ive ever heard them mention it.

trouble is, a couple of the more humorous natured guys would probably weave a good yarn if they thought i was "on the hook" for it,lol.

BFF Patron

Hey mods this one applies to BF close enough I think we could take it out of Campfire Chat for a tad more exposure on the general forum discussion..... please?

BFF Patron

Thanks Mike and this thread also cross references discussion of Rock Ape-like witness reports in International areas (Southeast Asia) of investigation as mentioned by Tirademan above.

I heard from a man that was no nonsense, and a Vietnam Vet.. that they (Rock Apes) existed. He was a man of few words, like many combat Vets are. When he did speak, we all listened.

edited for typo

Edited by imonacan

I was in VN, two tours. While there I did not see any rock apes, main reason is that I never operated where they were.

My Team Mates however who were in the right place did see them. Army SF operating in the same general area also had encounters.

NS

NavySeal, would you consider it 'common knowledge' for those folks fighting in Vietnam that they existed?

Or was it looked upon as a source of ridicule?

Not really "common" knowledge more like "scuttlebutt". Rumors.

Most stories are embelished legend type things, great big, vicious etc.

Very few people came in contact with the apes. Army SF, Marine Recon and Navy SEALs.

NS

How were such encounters handled? Documented at all?

Or just simply ignored as there may not have been value in them?