Vietnam Rock Apes And Indochina

Guest poignant

To the best of my knowledge and I do SpecWar archiving, the Army SF guys were the first to make contact with the apes.

A group, tribe, of apes set off a claymore mine that the SF guys hooked to a trip wire. Several apes were wounded. The really empressive part was how the apes flanked the SF and raised hell while others hauled off their injured buddies.

Word got out to leave the apes alone, any animal that risks death to save one of their own is OK with SpecWar guys.

That story was told to me by a SEAL Team Mate who spoke with the SF at the ambush site.

NS

Guest BFSleuth

The really empressive part was how the apes flanked the SF and raised hell while others hauled off their injured buddies.

Word got out to leave the apes alone, any animal that risks death to save one of their own is OK with SpecWar guys.

Wow!

This shows a highly organized and tight knit group structure. It also is similar to the Ape Canyon affair, attacking if they are attacked.

BFF Patron

Yah, the flanking maneuver to create the diversion while others tended to wounded is right down my line of thought of what might be expected if these were possibly a BF-like adversary. Great info. NS and a +1

Edited by bipedalist

My pop-in-law was in 'Nam and saw them. He was stationed near a place they nicknamed monkey mountain. He told me in a matter of fact way and had no idea I was even into squatch at the time. On a side note he also said that he ate monkey which I always found kinda gross.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

I heard from a man that was no nonsense, and a Vietnam Vet.. that they (Rock Apes) existed. He was a man of few words, like many combat Vets are. When he did speak, we all listened.

edited for typo

Hi Imonacan!! It is nice to see you again in the forums!!!

My pop-in-law was in 'Nam and saw them. He was stationed near a place they nicknamed monkey mountain. He told me in a matter of fact way and had no idea I was even into squatch at the time. On a side note he also said that he ate monkey which I always found kinda gross.

Hi Mym!! I think more stories will emerge from these veterans. (thank you for sharing :) )..did your father-in-law described them as apemen, like prehistoric "people", or they were simple jungle monkeys? (like langurs, macaques, gibbons and all that) I mean, did he saw the real hairy ones?

Greetings.

K. ADam.

Hello. I've lurked these forms a bit in the past and when I saw this thread I decided to join to share a story. Myself I'll be 50 this year and hunted and fished the woods of E Texas most of my life and never saw a Squatch (I did have something happen that I still can't really explain) but I've always been facinated by them and beileve they exist.

However, this story is about my older brother. He is not a Big Foot believer and would say to anyone who said they exist something like "You're an effing idiot". I had never heard of the Vietnam "Rock Apes" until a few weeks ago when I happened upon the video linked in the OP on YouTube. It immediately brought to mind a story my brother has told about something that happened while he was serving in Vietnam.

He served 68-69 on an airbase near Phu Bi. He was a helicopter mechanic and pretty much stayed on base. He doesn't offer up much about his time in Vietnam but does talk about what would be considered funny or strange stories. One story is about a group that was on patrol around the base one night. The VC would try to sneak up at night and lob mortars to destroy the landing strip so regular patrols were made in the jungle around the base.

One night a patrol was attacked by what he said was a group of Orangutans (he claimed they were everywhere over there). I never doubted that until recently learning there are no Orangutans in Vietnam. He said himself and several other were listening to the radio while this was going on, it apparently lasted quite a while. He said you could hear the guys screaming over the radio and gunshots and grenades going off. They thought they were in contact with some VC until the radio guy yelled "It's a bunch of **** monkeys!"

When the guys got back to base they were the ones who said it was some sort of apes, they were too big to be anything else. I guess someone suggested Orangutans which is where my brother got that from. Pretty much the entire patrol had had their butts kicked pretty good, they were bitten and bloody and banged up. They said they killed several of them but had to basically haul behind out of there to get away from them.

Anyway, that's the story. I hope it's worth reading. I find these "Rock Ape" reports very interesting and proof something is in the forest there that science doesn't know. I've seen the description of them as Orangutans come up in several other stories by servicemen who were there. I was aware of the "Oran Pendek" (not sure if I spelled that right). Are they indigenous to Vietnam? I wonder if someone heard a native call them "Oran Pendek" and confused it with Orangutan.

Guest BFSleuth

Very interesting first post, Rockape! Orang Pendek as far as I know is indigenous only to the island of Sumatra in Indonesia. They are described as smallish in stature, about 4 feet tall for adults. The Rock Ape reports seem to indicate something that is closer to modern human in size or slightly larger.

I wonder if it is possible to connect with any of the soldiers that came under attack that night? Sounds like hand to hand combat was going on there for a while, and it also sounds like a coordinated attack.

Very interesting first post, Rockape! Orang Pendek as far as I know is indigenous only to the island of Sumatra in Indonesia. They are described as smallish in stature, about 4 feet tall for adults. The Rock Ape reports seem to indicate something that is closer to modern human in size or slightly larger.

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the Orang Pendek. Seems I recall seeing a name used for the Rock Apes by the natives. I think they used the Orang part but a different "surname" if you will.

I wonder if it is possible to connect with any of the soldiers that came under attack that night? Sounds like hand to hand combat was going on there for a while, and it also sounds like a coordinated attack.

If men were injured there might be something in records about it. Not sure those records would still exists though. I'll try to fish some more info about this from my brother. It's been awhile since I heard him tell the story but I always remembered it. I'll have to be careful though because if he thinks I'm sniffing around for a big foot type story he'll call me an effing idiot. : )

Guest MikeG

"Orang" "Pendek" and "Utan" are Indonesian/ Malaysian words, (meaning "man" "short" and "jungle/ forest") in that order. It isn't possible therefore that Vietnamese were using these words.....

Mike

Does anyone have an artists impression of these apes, I'd imagine a pic is out of the question

These guys sound like one of the varieties we have here in Oz

Edited by yowiie

Guest BFSleuth

Here's a new cryptomundo article with an interesting story:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/vietnamese-rock-ape/

"I once worked with an Architect who during the Vietnam War was a construction engineer. He told me a humorous story that I really didn’t give much thought about until recently. He said that one day he was running some food over to some soldiers on the other side of his base with his jeep. He said that he was attacked by what appeared to be a large rabid Orangutan with reddish orange hair that ran up behind the jeep and grabbed onto the spare tire. It was screaming and clawing at him from behind, and the soldiers in the guard towers kept radioing for him to cut the wheels this way and that way to try and throw the ape off the jeep. He would get close to shaking it loose, but it kept hanging on and getting even more vicious. Finally he cut the wheel hard enough to send the ape sprawling onto the road, where one of the guards unloaded his 50-caliber machine gun on it."

Running after a moving jeep and attacking the driver... I wonder how fast he was moving? I also wonder what happened to the decimated body after the 50 cal did its work?

.... and where are the action reports? Any way to get info like this from freedom of information act, or would this still be a national security issue?

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Hi everyone!!

I just found this on "Phantoms and Monsters", some stories about rock apes and a nice picture of a "rock ape..."

http://naturalplane....s-rock-ape.html

I insist, that maybe more reports from Gis should be collected..I have seen pictures of tigers shot by soldiers, but if some apes were shot, why there is any picture? I also think that researchers from the Hanoi university should also be contacted...I know they have their own information about the same creature, and maybe can provide some reports from ex-Vietcong fighters...

Greetings.

K. Adam.

rockape2.jpg

Hi!! Here I have some other 2 very intersting links...welcome to the Planet of the Rock Apes!!!

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/04/rock-apes-of-vietnam.html

Edited by Kronprinz Adam