Any Veterinarians Here? Question About Accessible Tranquilizers.

No, not reliably.

Edit: What ya gonna do with the creature should you have it writhing on the ground, subject to the electricity?

Edited by Incorrigible1

I'm not trying to be cruel, but these are only desperate measures with the barest chance of being successful. If they're not, you're trying to gather your various body parts that have been ripped and tossed asunder.

A trap of some kind, remotely triggered or deadfall is a far better idea.

I don't know about the law where you are, but in most parts of the western world that I am familiar with, handling tranquilisers for this purpose requires a licence. I would suggest that anyone who answers this request consider carefully before giving advice that may or may not be legal.

Mike

Come on Mike, this is the internet. Everyone is an expert!

You need to talk to bobali or drtracr, this is right up their alley. See if they've got any net guns with a range of 400 yards that they can lend you. There was also talk of capture nets with integral hooks that inject a tranquilizer whenever the creature struggles. Sounds like a fail-safe plan if you ask me.

Guest BFSleuth

I believe you mean dctracr only, bobali was against the idea of capture. Remember, he was adamantly for the Jane Goodall model for study.

Not quite, BFSleuth. See his reply to drtracr's plan (bobali's comments follow the double asterisks):

Bigfoot capture idea.

Locate an area that has frequent sightings. **Agreed

Build a truck or trailer. It will have a hydraulic operated lift in the bed that will lift a 6'x8' box 15' in the air. The room is hardly bigger than a small powder room. **Do you have any examples of anything similar. I'm afraid guy wires will also be required.

The box will be enclosed on all sides with small slits 10" tall around the upper section. The slits will have curtains that can be silently drawn back. It will be built of metal to withstand attack. Inside will be sound deadened (on floor ceiling and walls) with lead lined materials to ensure any movement will be quite. The lead lining will keep all Electro Mechanical Interference to a minimum. If BF can sense electronics, this will make it harder for him.** I doubt if lead lining is necessary if the structure is well grounded.

The guys inside will have seating and food and water. Urine bags are used. The venting for the box will be high in the air to make smell dissipate higher up.** I'm afraid that diapers like earlier manned space missions would be a better choice along with a quiet a/c. Food would be better patterned after those missions as well. Defecation can't be absolutely controlled.

Myself and two others will be in the box when the truck is driven into the area. The truck will have outriggers to stabilize the whole thing. Workers will raise the box, secure everything, stabilize it. They will work around the area for a while, cook some bacon and other foods. After several hours the workers will leave in another vehicle leaving the truck with box. **A tent with human smelling contents, a dim light, and a low volume loop tape might help.

The three inside will have infra red cameras set up through ports in the box. The sensors will be wired to a very small and quite buzzer/dim flashing light to alert the guys when something approaches. There will be video cameras as well. The guys in the box will remain quite and still for however long it takes. BF will never see or hear the guys in the box. His curiosity will bring him closer to investigate the strange vehicle and the smells.

The hunters will be armed with 2 net cannons such as used to capture rhinos and hippos along with tranquilizer guns and large caliber rifles. When BF is in range the first net is fired, followed closely by the second. A quick estimate of body weight is figured and the appropriate amount of tranquilizer is fired. **I understand that the nets will be fired from the elevated structure. Maybe tear-gas or pepper-spray would be more acceptable as a first choice defense.

The large caliber weapons are on ready if need, but only as a last resort if other BF attack. Once all is secured we call backup to come in and assist with handling. A vet is brought in to draw blood and other research. Cameras are used to support the whole deal.

At this time a decision is made as to what step is next. Release? Or transport to safer area? If transport is the option a secure container must be built and a small crane is brought in to lift and put him in container. If possible a sedative will be administered.

I have no preference as to release of transport. My job is done once he is on the ground.

**I think that release is the best choice after attaching a tracking device. Since the BF is likely to have a companion with an opposing thumb, the design has to be well thought out.

Please comment.

bobali

Although his philosophy did later evolve towards an observation and non-invasive DNA collection mindset, he never denounced the idea of capture. He stated several times, however, that killing a sasquatch was the only thing he opposed.

Effective tranquilizer drugs are necessarily controlled, and their purchase tracked by the federal government.

Sorry, but better to consider other venues.

not necessarily,I am a horsetrainer and have several types of tqs that are fairly simple to purchase from a vet that you might have a professional relationship with.

The only way I see it working is trying to get the sasquatch to eat food laced with tranq. I remember an old dog we had who would freak out when her nails needed trimming, we would feed her an atravet [ acepromazine ] sandwich, she ate it everytime.

the only problem would be dosage, and not knowing their physiology you could possibly cause permanent damage or kill the recipient . Short of being a large primate vet you would only be guessing at the dose.