Any Veterinarians Here? Question About Accessible Tranquilizers.

not necessarily,I am a horsetrainer and have several types of tqs that are fairly simple to purchase from a vet that you might have a professional relationship with.

The only way I see it working is trying to get the sasquatch to eat food laced with tranq. I remember an old dog we had who would freak out when her nails needed trimming, we would feed her an atravet [ acepromazine ] sandwich, she ate it everytime.

the only problem would be dosage, and not knowing their physiology you could possibly cause permanent damage or kill the recipient . Short of being a large primate vet you would only be guessing at the dose.

Thank you, BigSlick. This is very interesting. My wife has a great relationship with a horse trainer/stable manager. That might be an avenue to explore.

As for the laced food, I'm curious if there is any research online for various tranquilizer dosages on primates? I found some studies on dosage levels on deer and smaller animals. I guess one could try to make an educated guess and surmiss from that data.

Also, I would also be worried about the big fellow's acute sense of smell and taste against any tranqs that are finally chosen.

Not quite, BFSleuth. See his reply to drtracr's plan (bobali's comments follow the double asterisks):

Although his philosophy did later evolve towards an observation and non-invasive DNA collection mindset, he never denounced the idea of capture. He stated several times, however, that killing a sasquatch was the only thing he opposed.

There is no way an animal that has evaded science with its acute senses and abilities would come anywhere near this thing!

Pneu-Dart. Good luck!

Yes. I've considered purchasing this if I could find an available tranquilizer :)

You need to talk to bobali or drtracr, this is right up their alley. See if they've got any net guns with a range of 400 yards that they can lend you. There was also talk of capture nets with integral hooks that inject a tranquilizer whenever the creature struggles. Sounds like a fail-safe plan if you ask me.

Net guns would never be able to go 100 yards- let alone 400. In addition, any tree limbs in the line of fire would thwart the whole thing. Net guns seems very realistic within 30 yards.

Guest Luckyfoot

This is coming together nice for you Sommersby. I think we are on the right track.

The missing link to these suggestions is a Female Bigfoot costume (possibly with a french maid theme)

and some of those Gorilla in heat or estres pheromone chips.

Lure him in with the costumeand chips, give him a couple of barrels of Special K/Vodka martini .

When you think he's feeling a little less shy , lean in real close and hit him with the Taser.

He will wake up feeling cheap and used, but haven't we all.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't remember the OP/thread starter by former member name but they did not stay around long.

I can't remember their name either, but I also saw them on a few other non-BF related forums asking about how to tranq 'someone' - when questioned on it you can imagine how well the excuse went over, along the lines of "oh, no, no, nothing suss - I just want to tranq a bigfoot...". :huh:

Guest drtracr

A net gun will not work at 400 yards, maybe 50. Contact Wildlife Cature Services in Az. He will make anything you need.