The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

Sykes book certainly will be interesting. One thing to keep in mind. The mini-series documentary that Sykes was employed for, is to Bigfoot skepticism what "Finding Bigfoot" is to Bigfoot advocacy.

It was entertainment. We will have to read Sykes for the substantial stuff.

I missed this and would have to say "right on."

Guest lightheart

Yep Unknown archaic able to interbreed with Denisovans and Neanderthal. This is very interesting!

Possibilities -- Erectus, Heidelbergensis, Red Deer Cave People? The progress they are making in sequencing ancient DNA is really amazing - one discovery after another. It seems as if all that is known about ancient man is very fluid right now.

Which is only one reason you'd think more scientists would be pricking up ears a tad at this hairy hominoid business.

BFF Patron

Paabo says the new techniques of sequencing can take us back to just under a million years old, a 700,000 year old horse was sequenced from permafrost. (I highly recommend his new book BTW, quite the read, http://www.amazon.com/Neanderthal-Man-Search-Lost-Genomes/dp/0465020836 )

Some form of ancient primate back to 400,000 years old has now been partially sequenced (the mDNA anyway).

Neanderthal, Denisovans and ? now have FOX2P responsible for putative language and motor control of such. Mice have even had the gene cloned into them and definite change in mouse vocalizations have been heard. My bet is that our big hairy elder brother will be found to have FOX2P if ever a sequence is captured.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest lightheart

Paabo is definitely on the leading edge.I believe that his book sounds like just the thing for some summer reading. Thanks for the tip.

So, is there any more real news on the study itself? Its been quite a while since I've done a personal maintenance check on this thread...

"Most surprisingly, Reich said, the new genomes indicate that Denisovans interbred with another extinct population of archaic humans that lived in Asia more than 30,000 years ago, which is neither human nor Neanderthal.
The meeting was abuzz with conjecture about the identity of this potentially new population of humans."

This statement brings up questions.

^^^"And they can't even find an eight-foot bipedal ape that thousands of people are seeing and that has left hundreds of trackways?"  being only one.

BFF Patron

"Most surprisingly, Reich said, the new genomes indicate that Denisovans interbred with another extinct population of archaic humans that lived in Asia more than 30,000 years ago, which is neither human nor Neanderthal.

The meeting was abuzz with conjecture about the identity of this potentially new population of humans."

This statement brings up questions.

Amazing!...................... Ok I am being sarcastic here.............................lol

There's another dominant, humanoid, species on this planet. Do the research, humble yourself, and it becomes quite obvious. This dominant species created BF either in a lab or some.....other means.

BF has help on this planet.