The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

Now that I've had a chance to read it ... agreed,no surprises.    Considering the samples he had to work from, the results were nearly a foregone conclusion.    Sykes has the scientific "licks" but they're only as good as the material he had to work with.    Essentially all the good samples collected up through 2012 went to Ketchum.  The testing process destroys the sample so he can't retest those.   Sykes also only worked with hair .. intentionally.

The samples in the Sykes study are second string at best.   They're either Ketchum's rejects (think how bad that makes them) or collected after her study concluded in 2012 and only looked at hair, not blood or saliva.    If you watched the interviews with the sample submitters, none of the samples had solid provenance.   They were in likely locations, but that's about the best that can be said.

Understanding that, it's pretty obviously NOT any sort of nail in any sort of coffin except perhaps the coffin defined by the perception of an ill-informed, essentially ignorant public's perception.   I'm not losing any sleep over THAT.  :)

MIB

Anyone know which samples NAWAC provided?

The only 'interesting' result would be the "hairy European" that left a tuft of hair in TX.

So, is this the last straw for any of the Footers?  You've been asking for Science to have a look, and they did, and they came up with Raccoons, Cows, Horses, Bears and Porcupines.  Is anyone done with this?  Didn't Meldrum give him some samples?  There was a Youtube video of them hanging out together.  

Guest spurfoot

Practically all the commenters, also the news media, draw the wrong conclusion from the paper.   The paper neither confirms nor denies bigfoot.  In particular, the paper only reported mitochondrial DNA results.   One of the specimens was human.   The lack of a whole genome analysis means that the human chromosome disruption hypothesis of bigfoot origin is not addressed.  Ketchum did not do a whole genome analysis either.  

No cigar, but no denial of bigfoot either.   It is also apparent from other sources that Sykes accepts the reality of bigfoot.

" It is also apparent from other sources that Sykes accepts the reality of bigfoot."

Would any of those sources be Sykes or not pro-bigfoot organizations by chance? 

Of course, how could a paper deny Bigfoot?

All it can say is, we took all of the best samples Bigfooters could find, and didn't find Bigfoot.

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

This study means not much in the big picture.  These 'footers' that supplied the hair are suspect in my book.  Dogs, raccoons, cows....cripes you've no business calling yourself a researcher if a 100 microscope could have avoided the embarrassment.

I'm curious as to how many sabotage minded skeptics out there submitted samples just to fill the pipeline.

I mean, we already know the lengths skeptics will go to mock those that have an open mind toward the subject.

• Upvote 1

Cotter-

Most of the people out there hoaxing, are people that are either Bigfooters, or people that want to trick Bigfooters.

The Skeptics don't need to hoax anything, there is enough of that going on with the ranks of the Bigfooters as it is.

Of course, how could a paper deny Bigfoot?

All it can say is, we took all of the best samples Bigfooters could find, and didn't find Bigfoot.

The TV show claimed it was thr best samples blah blah and once the shows aired you could see that was not the case at all. Why would a fella that found a hair on the ground in his backyard garden that never saw a bigfoot nor even a track impression make it through ? Thats just dumb and also had it been the best hair samples a requirement of previous vetting out of common mammals under the mcroscope should have been. These should have been prequalifiers by having paperwork by other biologists hair sample experts declaring the hairs as unkown primate or feral human like. Just my 3 cents..

These should have been prequalifiers by having paperwork by other biologists hair sample experts declaring the hairs as unkown primate or feral human like. Just my 3 cents.. "

Well, based on the results if what you propose had of been in place then Sykes would have had nothing to study. 

SSR Team

Look at these skeptics on here, they are hilarious.

5 posts from Drew on this page alone, absolutely hilarious people.

Beyond sad.

• Upvote 1